- Built for high-end computing and visualization. The dual-processor HP Z820 Workstation delivers outstanding performance, award-winning industrial design, and tool-free serviceability in the industry’s most expandable chassis. With next generation Intel® Xeon® processors, support for up to 16 processing cores, and the latest professional graphics, you’ll tackle even the most demanding projects like never before.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Unmatched Design. Inside and Out.
- With its expandable design, the HP Z820 Workstation gives you the confidence to produce your best work.
- Designed for a wide-range of needs, the HP Z820 offers enhanced tool-free access and unbelievable power at whisper-quiet levels.
Multitasking Made Easy.
- The HP Z820 Workstation employs a variety of Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 processors that enable next generation PCI Express technology. With support for 2 processors, the HP Z820 can operate with up to 16 processing cores, delivering ultimate performance to help you accomplish more every minute.
- Featuring the C600 series chipset, LSI SAS 2308 controller, and dual Quick Path Interconnects between the processors, the two work together to help you work more effectively than ever before.
Ultra-Powerful Visuals and High Performance Computing.
- Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics from AMD and NVIDIA, the HP Z820 Workstation currently offers a wide range of cards from Pro 2D to ultra high-end 3D graphics to get the job done.
- With dual graphics processor support, the HP Z820 can drive up to 8 displays, giving you the power and space you need to multitask like a pro. Plus, get the highest performing GPU computing solutions available in the Z family, like NVIDIA’s Maximus, on the HP Z820.
Space to Fill.
- This rackable system provides 7 expansion slots, 7 expansion bays and 4-channel integrated DDR3 memory with 16 slots and support for up to 512GBs.
- With USB 3.0 ports on the front and internal to the system, the HP Z820 Workstation offers a variety of storage and I/O options including a wide range of internal HDD/ODD and external SATA devices to increase flexibility.
Complete Peace of Mind.
- HP workstations offer optional BFR/PVC-free and ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations featuring 90% efficient power supplies.
- All HP Workstations come with a limited 3-year parts, 3-year labor and 3-year onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty that is extendable up to 5 years.
- Operating system
- Windows 8 Pro 64
Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Windows 7 Professional 32
Windows 7 Professional 64
HP Installer Kit for Linux
(HP Linux Installer Kit includes drivers for both 32-bit & 64-bit OS versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS5 and WS6 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 64-bit. Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Software is not loaded on hard drive. URL and software license number for downloading latest version is included in box. )
- Processor family:
- Intel® Xeon® E5 processor
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2603 (1.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 (2.4 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 (2 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 (2.3 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 (2.5 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2643 (3.3 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 (2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2660 (2.2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2665 (2.4 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2667 (2.9 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 (2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 (2.7 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2687W (3.1 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 (2.9 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® C602
- Form factor:
- Rackable minitower
- Memory, maximum
- 512 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Load-reduced SDRAM
256 GB1600 MHzDDR3 Registered SDRAM
64 GB1600 MHzDDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
(Actual memory speed dependent on processor. Registered, unbuffered and load-reduced DIMMS may not be mixed. )
- Memory slots:
- 16 DIMM
- Internal drive bays:
- Four 3.5"
- External drive bays:
- Three 5.25"
- Internal drive
- 300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (15000 rpm)
300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (10000 rpm)
250 GB up to 1 TB SATA (10000 rpm)
250 GB up to 3 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
500 GB SATA SED
128 GB up to 300 GB SATA SSD
256 GB SATA SE SSD
- Storage controller:
- Integrated SATA 6.0 Gb/s; Integrated SATA 3.0 Gb/s; Integrated LSI SAS 2308 Controller; LSI MegaRAID® 9260-8i SAS 6Gb/s ROC RAID Card and iBBU08 Battery Backup Unit (selected models)
- Optical drive
- SATA Blu-ray writer
- SATA DVD-ROM
- Slot-load SATA DVD+/-RW
- SATA SuperMulti DVD+/-RW
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- Professional 2D:
NVIDIA NVS 300 (512 MB); NVIDIA NVS 310 (512 MB); AMD FirePro 2270 (512 MB)
NVIDIA Quadro 410 (512 MB); NVIDIA Quadro K600 (1 GB); NVIDIA Quadro 600 (1 GB); AMD FirePro V3900 (1 GB)
NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (1 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K2000 (2 GB)
AMD FirePro V7900 (2 GB); NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (2 GB); NVIDIA Quadro 5000 (2.5 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (3); NVIDIA Quadro K5000 (4 GB); NVIDIA Quadro 6000 (6 GB); AMD FirePro W7000 (4 GB)
High Performance GPU Computing:
NVIDIA Tesla C2075 Compute Processor; NVIDIA Tesla K20 Compute Processor
- 4 USB 3.0
- 5 USB 2.0
- 2 IEEE 1394a
- 2 microphone
- 1 audio line out
- 1 headphone
- 1 audio line in
- 1 serial
- 2 PS/2 (keyboard & mouse)
- 2 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN
- 1 22-in-1 media card reader
- Expansion slots
- 3 PCIe Gen3 x16
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x8
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x4
- 1 PCIe Gen2 x4
- 1 PCI
- Network interface
- Integrated Intel 82579LM PCIe Dual GbE; Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit (optional); Intel Gigabit CT Desktop (optional); HP 361T PCIe dual-port Gigabit NIC (optional)
- Integrated High Definition Realtek ALC262; HP Thin USB Powered Speakers (optional)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- 1125W 90% efficient, wide ranging, active PFC
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 20.3 x 52.5 x 44.4 cm (8 x 20.7 x 17.5 in)
- Starting at 19.5 kg (Starting at 43 lbs)
(Exact weight depends upon configuration.)
- Security management:
- Cable Lock Support (standard - cable for selected models)
- Chassis Intrusion Sensor (standard)
- Serial, Parallel, USB, Audio, Network Enable/Disable (standard)
- Removable Media Write/Boot Control (standard)
- Power-On Password (standard)
- Setup Password (standard)
- Kensington Cable Lock (selected models)
- 3-year limited warranty including 3 years of parts, labour, and next-business-day onsite service. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
- Operating system
- HP Blade Workstation Client Embedded
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Microsoft Embedded X32
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Professional 64
- HP Installer kit for Linux
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ for details.
Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP's WEEE registration number is WEE/EJ0076US This means that HP is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007. Read more about recycling your old IT equipment
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.
Open menu: Select another location or language-Close menu: Select another location or language United Kingdom