Prepare to Upgrade
You are about to begin your upgrade process. You will be guided through the process which consists of the following steps:
- 1. Prepare your PC
- 2. Find and print instructions for your PC
- 3. Visit the Microsoft website to purchase, download, and install Windows 8
- 4. Return to this site to complete your upgrade
To prepare your PC:
- Plug your PC into a power outlet.
- Connect the PC to the Internet using a network cable.
- Run Windows Update.
- Back up all your personal files. If you do not back up your files, you may lose them during the upgrade process.
- Create HP recovery media which you can use to restore your computer to its original condition in case of a major problem.
- Locate all licensing agreements, activation codes, or installation disks for all applications currently running on your Windows 7 system that you wish to use after the Windows 8 upgrade.
To download and print your instructions: