HP Mobile Printing
Step 1Select your device Modify
Step 2Network connection Modify
Step 3Location of printer Modify
First, pick your device and we'll show you how
- iPod touch®
- All AndroidTM–based devices
- HP Slate devices
Windows 8 tablets
- Microsoft Surface
- HP Elitepads
- Chrome OS
- Kindle Fire HDX
- Kindle Fire HD
Can't find your smartphone or tablet? Check out our support page
We'll give you free photo paper and envelopes when you purchase select HP Combo Packs online or at participating retailers – it's everything you need to create, print, and share your photo cards, business documents, and more.
Find your perfect HP printer
Browse some of our favorite HP printers that make mobile printing a breeze.See all HP wireless printers
HP ENVY 4500
- The easiest way to print from your home or on the go. Print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet and Internet-connected PC.1
- Get low cost per page with HP XL cartridges and HP Combo Value packs that come with affordable ink and free media.
- Inspire life with every print—HP Printables deliver news, fun, and savings directly to your printer.2
HP ENVY 5660
- Produce lab-quality photos, creative projects, and laser-quality text at high speeds, for a great value—from your smartphone, tablet, and PC.1
- Print 4 x 6-inch photos from your mobile device without switching paper, using the separate photo paper tray.
HP ENVY 7640
- The easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet—with or without a router or local wireless network.3
- Walk up, edit, and print photos right from the 3.5-inch (8.89 cm) touchscreen.
- Manage multiple pages quickly with the 25-page automatic document feeder and automatic two-sided printing.
HP Officejet 8040 with Neat
- The easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet with or without a router or local wireless network.1
- Start printing and organizing quickly with easy setup from your smartphone, tablet, or PC.6
- Increasing home-office productivity with the Neat® Organization System, and printing laser-quality documents using a full-featured e-all-in-one.7
HP Officejet 8620
- Keep business moving with fast print and scan speeds, and advanced mobile printing features.8
- Print with just a touch from your NFC-enabled smartphone and tablet.9
- Enable secure wireless printing from your mobile device—no router or access to local network required.1
HP LaserJet Pro 200
Printer MFP M267nw
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint and “Now with AirPrint™” - print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®.10
- Connect to your printer with wireless networking and wireless direct.
- Boost productivity with versatile scan, fax, and copy options.
Get more from mobile printing
HP Mobile Printing for large-format printers
With HP Mobile Printing, you can easily print and scan to your HP DesignJet printer or MFP from your smartphone or tablet via wireless printing or Wi-Fi Direct. Plus print remotely by emailing files directly to ePrint-enabled printers.11Learn more
One app, all the features
The HP All-in-One Printer Remote app puts the control in your hands, helping you remotely monitor and order supplies, transform your single-function printer into an MFP that scans and copies, and easily capture and upload documents to the cloud.
* Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
1. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details.
2. Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. Availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and may require a firmware upgrade. HP Printables may not be available on all printer models, and not all apps can be set up for automatic delivery. For details, see hpconnected.com.
3. In comparison to the majority of inkjet all-in-one printers <$399 USD targeted to consumer/home office/small and medium business as of Q2'15 based on market share as reported by IDC. App download required for printer setup, HP ePrint account registration may be required. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only.
4. Compatible with Android 2.0 and later operating systems, and iOS 4.3 and later operating systems. Mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network to access approximate cartridge levels. iOS devices must have app open to receive alerts. Retailer availability and participation may vary by country.
5. Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
6. Requires HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app download and is compatible with iPhone® 4 and later, iPad® 4th generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air™, iPod®, and mobile devices using Android™ 4.0.3 or later. Printer and mobile device must be on the same local wireless network with Internet access. For a full list of supported operating systems, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
7. Requires Neat® account setup, printer registration, hpconnected.com account, Internet connection, and Neat® Mobile app download. Three-year cloud service subscription included with up to 45 pages of OCR searchable scans per month. Service fees with Neat® may apply after expiration. Compatible with Apple® iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod®, and most Android™ OS-based mobile devices. For details, see http://www.hp.com/go/officejet8040.
8. Check your compatible device's official app store for download availability. Requires an Internet connection to an HP ePrint-enabled printer. Printer requires ePrint account registration. App or software may be required. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Learn more at http://www.hpconnected.com.
9. Touch-to-print capability is standard on the HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One and HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One only. Mobile device must support near field communications–enabled printing. For more information, see hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
10. Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP AirPrint-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint, the AirPrint logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
11. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network (usually Wi-Fi access points bridge wireless to wired connections) or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See www.hp.com/go/designjetmobility for more details.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Follow the steps below to determine if you can connect to the same wireless network as your printer
Find out the name of the network your printer is on
From the front display of your printer, select the wireless button to show the name of the network, aka SSID that the printer is connected to.
Connect your mobile device to the same network as your printer
From your mobile device, go to your Wi-Fi settings, find and connect to the same network and you are ready to print.
Unable to connect to the printer's network?
If your printer is not network connected or you cannot access the printer's network, you may still be able to connect directly to your printer via HP wirless direct with your mobile device.
Need more help? Check out the FAQs for mobile printing on devices