A complete solution for auto sales and service management
The HP Dealer Management System for European auto dealers provides a complete software solution to manage and account for vehicle sales and service across the customer lifecycle. It lets sales personnel search for vehicles matching the customer’s needs and configure new cars according to the options offered by the manufacturer. It produces quotations for new and used cars. And it captures customer and vehicle data to streamline follow-on sales of parts and service.
Dealer Management System is adapted to and integrated with the systems of each major auto manufacturer. It enables auto dealers to improve the efficiency of their internal operations to drive down costs. It lets them improve sales success by tracking interactions with prospective customers throughout the sales cycle and responding quickly to their needs. And it enhances customer retention and return business by improving their entire auto purchase and service experience.
Coordinate auto sales, service, parts and financial management.
HP Dealer Management System provides a comprehensive solution using HP CARLO software. The solution includes consulting, best practices, CARLO software, implementation, training and support.
CARLO is adapted to the specific requirements of each auto manufacturer and integrates directly with their systems. It captures customer, vehicle, parts and service data in a central database. So all dealer business functions are integrated and access a single view of customers and vehicles. It provides functions for vehicle sales, financial management, parts sales and vehicle service.
CARLO enables a customer relationship management (CRM) approach to auto sales. It tracks each customer interaction, so sales personnel can move customers forward in the sales process. CARLO provides functions for:
- Vehicle sales—Helps sales personnel identify prospects’ needs, research vehicle stock at dealer and manufacturer, configure new vehicles and produce quotes and contracts showing options and pricing.
- Campaign Management—Enables the marketing and sales team to develop and follow up on manufacturer and the dealer’s own sales campaigns. Uses multiple communication channels like mail, e-mail, text messages and telephone. Includes own call center functionality.
Accounting and financial management
CARLO provides financial accounting, reporting and management. Functions include:
- Accounting—Captures all dealer transactions in vehicle, parts and service including purchases, demos and test drives, sales, repairs, warranty claims, warranty acknowledgements and other activities. Provides complete accounting and reporting.
- Business intelligence software suite—Allows managers to analyze each part of dealer operations for efficiency and profitability.
Vehicle service and parts
CARLO helps parts and service managers operate efficient, profitable departments. And it improves services to customers. Functions provided include:
- Parts sales—An electronic parts catalog interface provides easy parts ordering based on vehicle information maintained for each customer. Maintains parts inventory and alerts parts managers when stocks are low, or automatically reorders to stock. Keeps records of parts sold and tracks sales rates. Identifies alternative parts sources and prices. Notifies customers when ordered parts arrive.
- Service—Keeps track of scheduled service needs for each customer and vehicle. Enables service managers to schedule appointments and loaner vehicles. Estimates parts and labor required. Captures labor hours expended in service and allocates to warranty or customer billing. Tracks labor efficiency for each employee. Submits claims to auto manufacturer for warranty parts and labor.