Extensive changes were announced over the last 2 years for a number of popular software products and associated vendor workloads, including:
- Microsoft SQL 2012
- Microsoft System Center
- Citrix Mobility Services
- Oracle changes in per-processor licensing
Further changes to product licensing are expected as publishers align to the New Style of IT. Clients tell us they do not fully understand the licensing changes that impact IT planning activities. This complexity is driving cost increases and compliance issues. Keeping up to date with the licensing implications of the changing style of IT is not a trivial task. Clients are struggling to understand and plan for the extensive changes regularly announced for popular software products and vendor workloads. The financial implications of these changes to Enterprise clients is significant.
Software Licensing Advisory Services for Vendor Workloads can help you understand software licensing for specific key workloads and develop migration strategies and plans for the future. Our service provides the client with data, documents and workshops that facilitate optimum decision making.Opportunity
HP can help you tackle the licensing issues related to the changing style of IT. The adoption of virtualization in your IT strategies can have major licensing implications. The complex configurations of processors and cores found in current Datacenters can be challenging to license correctly for many popular vendor workloads e.g. Microsoft SQL. Incorrect licensing is costly when audited and non-compliance is expensive to fix.
Volume licensing complexity is accelerating. You have to keep up with numerous subscription-based licensing options, a growing family of volume licensing programs, changes to product license rules for core products and an ever-changing IT landscape.
HP’s team of experts can help you understand software licensing for specific key software products or workload. We can help you formulate your IT strategy and migration plans for the future. HP provides impartial licensing expertise built on more than 20 years’ of experience as a multivendor software licensing reseller and Software Asset Management advisor.Problem Solving
SLAS4 VW is the initial step for evaluating your technology adoption strategy. Avail of our licensing experts and get a transparent view of vendor technologies. Use our industry expertise to identify the right product licensing options for your target IT environment, and map potential benefits to your business and IT objectives.
Here are some typical use cases where clients need SLAS4VW:
- Migration of specific products to Cloud or using Cloud environments – public/private but especially hybrid
- Server Rationalization/Consolidation or Virtualization projects being planned or in progress
- Application Transformation and Modernization
- Volume installations of specific products or workloads
- Need to review product licensing profile and options
Why not also gain these benefits?
- During the commercial negotiation phase - you can negotiate with a real knowledge of the optimum licensing model for your infrastructure
- Throughout the term of your volume licensing agreements – avail of GAP analysis of your current licensing solution, recommendations on the best licensing model for your infrastructure and specific products/vendor workloads – using HPs extensive knowledge of vendor license use rights
- Analysis of the application/platform requirements of your cloud environment and guidance on the preferential licensing solution
- Full use of your existing software licensing entitlements from your current licensing agreements
- Identification of additional licensing requirements and guidance on acquisition options
- Calibration of your vendors' technology roadmap with your deployment strategy
- Consolidated software purchases by standardizing vendor workloads/applications
- Appropriate and actionable license management policies
- Best practices for license compliance strategy
HP SLMS Advisory Services offer:
- Impartial and trusted advice for licensing and SAM
- Objectivity to help you understand your requirements, appropriate licensing/SAM solutions and vendor contracting options
- Best advice for your business case and migration plans for licensing emerging models while considering/using existing software investment
- Help on building a licensing road map to get you from where you are to where you want to be. We work to attain the optimum agreement and costs, based on your identified requirements.
- Transformation guidance, by managing implementation and rollout of vendor agreements across global sites and providing structured support for the software agreement lifecycle. Visibility and control, which establishes the foundation for effective Software Asset Management.
SLAS4VW is available today to clients in all regions.