HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
Preinstalled on all HP laptops since 2009 and all HP desktops using a UEFI BIOS manufactured since June 2012, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics enables you to test the main components on your computer using quick tests or longer, more comprehensive tests. You can use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows.
- Available by selecting F2 from the BIOS system startup menu.
- System Information Display – Provides information about the system such as Model, Serial Number, Warranty Start Date, and hardware configuration .
- System Tests - Check the PC’s hardware to assure everything is functioning properly. If your system won’t boot into Windows, try the Quick System Test. For more comprehensive testing, use the Extensive System Test option.
- Component Tests – Select individual tests focused on selected hardware components in your PC.
- Firmware Management – Update your computer’s BIOS to the latest version (available separately) or roll back to a previous version.
Get the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics:
HP Vision Diagnostics
HP Vision Diagnostics is supported by HP and Compaq desktop computers that were manufactured between September 2010 and June 2012, and all Commercial desktop products that were manufactured between September 2009 and June 2012.
Executable from either a bootable CD or USB key, HP Vision Diagnostics will perform tests on the computer hardware and memory. Since these tests run outside the Windows operating system, use them when you need to isolate whether the issue is caused by the computer hardware or the operating system, or when Windows will not start.
Get the latest version of HP Vision Diagnostics:
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key
For HP authorized service partners and IT professionals who need to support a mixed environment of older and newer HP/Compaq PCs, the HP PC Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key is a diagnostic tool that supports a wide range of HP Desktop and Notebook PCs.
The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key includes the latest UEFI based diagnostics as well as the older HP Vision Diagnostics. In addition to diagnostics, it now supports the recovery of a corrupted BIOS on supported systems.
- This tool is intended for use by HP Authorized Service Personnel and Self Maintainers only. All other customers should please download either HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) or legacy HP Vision Diagnostics via the links above.
- With the release of version 22.214.171.124, a feature has been added that can be used to recover many systems that have failed due to a corrupted BIOS.
- A blank USB key of 2GB capacity or larger is required.
- Updated HP PC Diagnostics will be released at various times throughout the year, and technicians should ensure they are using the latest version available.
Get the latest version of the 3-in-1 Diagnostics USB key: