Wireless printing center
Installing Printer Software
To ensure you have the latest software, we recommend that you download software for your printer and computer from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?cc=us&lc=en. Make sure you select the software that is intended for both your computer operating system and your printer model.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you are prompted for Connection Type.
- Select either Through the Network, Network, or Wireless when prompted.
- The wording will depend on the version of software you are installing.
- In some cases the software may automatically find your wireless settings for you.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish installing the software for your printer.
If you have used either WPS or the control panel Wireless Setup Wizard methods to establish a wireless connection between the printer and your wireless network, or if you have already connected the printer to your network and are now installing the software onto another computer which will share the printer, the software should find the printer over the network during the installation process.
Sometimes the software has difficulty finding the printer over the network. If this happens, you will have a chance to do an "advanced search" for the printer using the printer's assigned IP address. You can find the IP address by printing either the Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
If this is a first time installation and you are using the USB setup of the wireless method, the software will not find the printer on the network and you will be guided though creating a wireless connection for the printer.