Wireless printing center
Printing from multiple computers
You can use your wireless printer with more than one computer over your wireless network.
If you already have a wireless printer connected to your wireless network and want to use it with Windows computers connected to the network, follow these steps:
- If you have the software CD that came with your printer, simply install the printer software on each of the network computers you want to use the printer. Make sure the CD is compatible with your computer's operating system. If you've lost the printer CD or it is not compatible with your computer's operating system, you can download the latest software from here. Make sure you download the software for your particular printer model. We recommend downloading a Full Feature version, but a Drivers-Only version is also usually available.
- During the printer software installation, select either Through the Network, Network, or Wireless when it asks. The wording will depend on the version of software you are installing. The software should automatically detect your printer over the network. Sometimes the software has difficulty finding the printer over the network. If this happens, you will have a chance to do an "advanced search" for the printer using the printer's assigned IP address. You can find the IP address by printing either the Wireless Network Test Report or a Network Configuration Page.
Follow the on-screen directions to finish installing the software for your printer.
If you want to use your wireless printer with Mac computers on your network, follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple menu in the upper left of your screen and choose System Preferences. From there, choose Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners, depending on the version of OS X on your Mac.
- Click on the + sign at the bottom of the list of printers and choose “Add printer or Scanner…”
- Choose your printer in the Default tab of the resulting window. In the Use pulldown, select either AirPrint or the name of your printer.
- Click Add.