HP Mobile Workstations
HP EliteBook 8570w Mobile Workstation
HP's most versatile mobile workstation offers high-end professional graphics, robust processing power, a 15.6" diagonal display and a chiseled design that radiates performance.
passes 7 military tests for durability11
of 1600 MHz DDR3 memory3
Intel® Core™ i5 processors and Intel® Core™ i7 processors
Designed to get things done
Boasting chiseled good looks and precision design, the HP EliteBook 8570w Mobile Workstation makes no compromises on manageability, performance and durability. Featuring workstation power and optional backlit keyboard, the EliteBook 8570w offers the performance and mobility you need to get your most demanding work done outside the office, even in low-light environments. And in fact, it passes 7 military tests for durability11.
- View full HP 8570w Mobile Workstation specs Hide full specs View full HP 8570w Mobile Workstation specs
Form Factor Mobile Operating System
- Windows 8 Pro 6412
- Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro)13
- Windows 7 Professional 3214
- Windows 7 Professional 6414,15
- Windows 7 Home Premium 3214 (select countries)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 6414,15 (select countries)
- Windows 8 Pro 3212
- Windows 8 3212
- Windows 8 Enterprise 3212
- Windows 8 Enterprise 6412
- Windows 7 Enterprise 3214
- Windows 7 Enterprise 6414,15
- Windows 7 Ultimate 3214
- Windows 7 Ultimate 6414,15
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Processor 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core1 with Turbo Boost Technology;16 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 and i5 Dual-Core1 with Turbo Boost Technology16 Chipset Mobile Intel® QM77 Express Chipset(vPro™ support17) Memory16 DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800, 1600 MHz, dual-core processors support 2 memory slots, 2/4/8 GB18 SODIMMs, up to 16 GB total, quad-core processors support 4 memory slots, 2/4/8 GB18 SODIMMs, up to 32 GB total3 Internal Storage19 320/500/750 GB 7200 rpm HDD, 500 GB 7200 rpm SED (Self Encrypting Drive), SATA 6 Gb/s, 128/180 GB SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 GB SED SSD Flash Cache Intel® 24 GB SLC mSATA cache module; Support Intel Smart Response Technology (available with non-SED HDD only) Upgrade Bay 12.7 mm SATA optical drive or secondary hard drive: DVD-ROM Drive,2 DVD+/-RW Drive,2 Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW Drive,2,20 Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW Drive,2,20 500 GB 7200 rpm HDD,2,19 256 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SED SSD,2,19 or weight saver Display 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit WVA anti-glare, HD+21 (1600 x 900); 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit WVA anti-glare, FHD21 (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit UWVA anti-glare, FHD21 DreamColor2 (1920 x 1080) Graphics AMD FirePro™ M4000 with 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory; (AMD Eyefinity Technology for advanced multi-monitor support),4 NVIDIA Quadro K1000M, with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory, NVIDIA Quadro K2000M, with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory Audio/Visual High Definition Audio (SRS Premier Sound PRO), stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated dual-microphone array, optional 720p HD21 Webcam2 Wireless Support2,8,9,10 Optional HP lt2522 LTE/EV-DO Mobile Broadband Module – U.S. only10 (no Win 8 support), Optional HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband;2 Optional HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband;2 Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2;9 Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2;9 Intel® Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 802.11a/b/g/n 3x39 Communications Integrated Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (vPro™ support16), 56K v.92 modem2 Ports and Connectors 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports (1 charging), 1 eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port, 1 VGA, 1 DisplayPort, 1 stereo microphone in, 1 stereo headphone/line out, 1 1394a, 1 RJ-11(optional modem), 1 RJ-45(Ethernet), 1 docking connector, 1 secondary battery connector, power connector Expansion Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 slot, 1 SD slot supports SD (Secure Digital), SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity) Input Devices Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard with numeric keypad, bottom case drain, backlit keyboard2, touchpad with scroll zone and gestures support, point stick, discrete launch buttons (Web browser, WLAN on/off, mute, calculator) Software (Windows OS only) HP Remote Graphics Software (pre-load), HP Power Assistant,22 HP Recovery Manager, HP Support Assistant, Microsoft Office 2010 60 days trial (Windows 8); Microsoft Office Starter (Windows 7 only).23 Corel Win DVD (select models), Roxio Secure Burn24 (select models), Roxio MyDVD Business 2010 (select models), HP Performance Advisor. Custom Integration Services provides tailor-made, turnkey solutions for Business Ready PCs Security Standard: Microsoft Security Essentials, HP ProtectTools,25 TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2, HP Fingerprint Sensor, Pre-Boot Security, HP SpareKey (requires initial user setup), HP Disk Sanitizer,26 Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools,27 File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools,26 Smart Card Reader, security lock slot. Optional: HP Privacy Filter,2 HP Notebook Combo Lock,2 HP Keyed Lock,2 Central Management for HP ProtectTools,28 Computrace2,29 Dimensions (w x d x h) Standard panel: 15.0 x 10.1 x 1.36 in (at front)/38.2 x 25.8 x 3.5 cm (at front); DreamColor panel: 15.0 x 10.1 x 1.44 in (at front)/38.2 x 25.8 x 3.7 cm (at front) Weight Starting at 6.69 lb (3.0 kg) with weight saver (weight will vary by configuration) Power 8-cell (83 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery,30 8-cell (75 WHr) HP Long Life Battery,30 optional HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (73 WHr),2,30 optional HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (100 WHr),2,30 120W HP Smart AC Adapter, 150W HP Smart AC Adapter, 200W HP Smart AC Adapter, HP Fast Charge31 Expansion Solutions2 HP 230W Docking Station, HP 90W Docking Station, HP 230W Advanced Docking Station, HP 120W Advanced Docking Station, HP Dual Hinge Notebook Stand, HP Display & Notebook Stand, HP Adjustable Display Stand Warranty Limited 3-year and 1-year warranty options available, depending on country, 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. Optional HP Care Pack Services2,32 are extended service contracts which go beyond your standard warranties. For more details, visit hp.com/go/lookuptool.
Born to perform
Benefit from incredible performance, responsiveness and exciting features like Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.016. The HP EliteBook 8570w with the latest 3rd Generation Intel® quad core processors15, lets you run demanding applications with up to 32GB of system memory3. And with the new Intel® Smart Response Technology6, you'll gain fast response times for things like system boot and application startup with hard drive.
Exceptional graphics for exceptional performance
Featuring the latest workstation-caliber graphics powered by AMD or NVIDIA, the HP EliteBook 8570w achieves blazing fast transfers and manipulation of 3D textures on its 15.6" diagonal HD21 display. Multi-task on multiple screens or view enlarged content on up to five total displays5, including the native display. You can also improve color matching from vision to production with HP DreamColor Technology.
Offering true workstation-class application performance and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications such as AutoDesk, Solidworks and Adobe® for enhanced performance and reliability. Take advantage of large GPU memory with fast bandwidth (up to 256-bit) for display of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics are compliant with the latest industry standards enabling you to take full advantage of their rich features. AMD professional graphics are especially tuned to enable outstanding performance for many major CAD and digital media applications. AMD Eyefinity Technology increases productivity and simplifies visualization solutions by expanding your visual real estate7.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
NVIDIA is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation.
Screen image courtesy of Autodesk
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Four SODIMMS for a total of 32 GB of memory is available on quad-core systems only.
- Support for 5 monitors requires separately purchased HP Advance Docking Station.
- HP offers discrete graphics configurations supporting up to five total displays through the advanced docking station. The advanced docking station is sold separately. AMD graphics supports five total displays, including the native notebook display. NVIDIA graphics supports up to four total displays, including the native notebook display.
- Requires a compatible Intel® Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage technology software and non-SED HDD + optional mSATA SSD flash cache module. Intel® Smart Response Technology is only available on select 2012 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
- Video conferencing is available on configurations with the optional 720p HD webcam.
- Internet access required.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE. 4G LTE is only available in the United States and requires Windows 7.
- Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for DOD contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See microsoft.com for details.
- This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Pro software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
- This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information. Quad Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 capability. Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future “virtual appliances” applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
- Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16GB (for Windows 7) of system and up to 30 GB (for Windows 8) disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Blu-ray contains new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require an HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD disks cannot be played on this drive. Note that DVDROM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media. Actual speeds may vary. Don’t copy copyright-protected materials. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs; discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Microsoft Windows required. Requires discrete graphics configuration.
- Includes reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel. Purchase of Product Key required to activate full Office 2010 suite available at participating resellers/retailers and www.office.com.
- Do not copy copyright-protected materials.
- Microsoft Windows required.
- For the use cases outlined in the DOD 5220.22-M Supplement. Does not support Solid State Drives (SSDs). Initial setup required. Web history deleted only in Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers and must be user enabled.
- Microsoft Windows and webcam required.
- In order to deploy policies the client needs to be connected to the network. Requires connectivity to the DigitalPersona server to receive updated policies. System access may not prevent users from logging into the system on the first attempt if policy updates haven’t yet been received and applied. This functionality blocks network access from the user’s PC.
- The Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007 for additional details.
- Fast Charge Technology recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off. Fast Charge Technology does not apply to the HP Ultra-Capacity or 9-cell batteries. When the PC is powered on, charge time may increase and will vary based on the workload of the notebook PC.
- Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts on date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/lookuptool.