HP Virtual Workstations
HP DL380z Virtual Workstation
Get the job done with the HP Z Virtual Workstation. Enjoy a true workstation experience that offers end-to-end security and easily optimized IT management. Experience superior graphics and performance in a flexible 2U form factor that allows you to access certified workstation ISV applications—from virtually anywhere. Choose either the Gen8 or the Gen9 model for a virtually unstoppable workstation experience.
Secure your sensitive data and flexibly
manage your environment
Keep intellectual property out of the wrong hands by keeping sensitive data in house and only transmitting encrypted pixel data over LAN or WAN. And centrally control deployment and management for different user profiles with flexible provisioning and multiple configuration options. The HP DL380z helps meet your changing needs through flexible IT management.
- View full HP DL380z Gen9 specsHide full HP DL380z Gen9 specsView full HP DL380z Gen9 specs
- 2U Rack
- Intel® Xeon® E5 v3 processor
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2699 v3 (2.3 GHz, 45 MB cache, 18 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2698 v3 (2.3 GHz, 40 MB cache, 16 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2697 v3 (2.6 GHz, 35 MB cache, 14 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2695 v3 (2.3 GHz, 35 MB cache, 14 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 v3 (2.6 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2687W v3 (3.1 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2685 v3 (2.6 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2683 v3 (2 GHz, 35 MB cache, 14 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 v3 (2.5 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 v3 (2.3 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2667 v3 (3.2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2660 v3 (2.6 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 v3 (2.3 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2643 v3 (3.4 GHz, 20 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 v3 (2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2637 v3 (3.5 GHz, 15 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v3 (2.4 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2623 v3 (3 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v3 (2.4 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 v3 (1.9 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2603 v3 (1.6 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- 1.5 TB 2133 MHz DDR4 Registered SDRAM
- (3 TB maximum memory when 128 GB DIMMs are available. Actual memory speed is dependent on processor and number of memory channels used. 1st and 2nd CPUs must be installed for all DIMM slots to be available.)
- 24 DIMM
- Integrated HP Smart Array B140i Controller
- 146 GB up to 600 GB SAS (15000 rpm)2
- 300 GB up to 1.2 TB SAS (10000 rpm)2
- 500 GB up to 1 TB SATA (7200 rpm)2
- 100 GB up to 1.6 TB SATA SSD2
- 100 GB up to 1.6 TB SAS SSD2
- Slim SATA DVD-ROM; Slim SATA DVD-RW3
- Virtualized GPU: NVIDIA® GRID™ K2 (8 GB); NVIDIA® GRID™ K1 (16 GB)
- Ultra High-end 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000 (12 GB)
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200 (8 GB); NVIDIA® Quadro® K4200 (4 GB)
- Mid-range 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K2200 (4 GB)
- Compute: AMD FirePro™ S9150
- HP Ethernet 1 GB 4-port 366FLR adapter (optional); HP VWS Ethernet 10 GB 2-port 560FLR-SFP+ adapter (optional)
- CPU 1 Primary GPU Riser with 2 PCIe slots 1x16, 1x8 + AROC controller port (x8) + FlexibleLOM
- NIC port (x8); CPU 2 Secondary GPU Riser (optional) with 3 PCIe slots 2x16, 1x8
Ports and Connectors
- Front: 1 USB 3.0
- Back: 2 USB 2.0; 1 serial; 2 VGA
- Internal: 1 USB 3.0; 1 SD
- (Both VGA ports cannot be active simultaneously. Internal SD slot is not hot-pluggable. Optional dual SD slots available)
Drive Bays (Internal)
Drive Bays (External)
- Eight 2.5" HP SmartDrive; Two 2.5" HP SmartDrive (optional); One slimline optical
- HP USB Keyboard; 3; HP USB Mouse; 3
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support; Security bezel (optional)
- 1400 W 94% efficient FlexSlot hot-swappable (up to 2); 800 W 94% efficient FlexSlot hot-swappable (up to 2)
- 17.54 x 26.75 x 3.44 in
- 44.55 x 67.95 x 8.73 cm
- 40.88 lb
- 18.54 kg
- (Approximate minimum weight. Exact weight depends upon configuration.)
- 3-year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
- View full ZBook DL380z Gen8 specsHide full ZBook DL380z Gen8 specsView full ZBook DL380z Gen8 specs
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2695 v2 (2.4 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 v2 (2.8 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 v2 (2.5 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 v2 (2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v2 (2.6 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Intel® C600
- SAS (15000 rpm), 146 GB, 300 GB; SAS (10000 rpm), 300 GB, 900GB; SATA (7200 rpm), 500 GB, 1 TB; SATA SSD, 100 GB, 800 GB
- HP Smart Array P420i Controller
- SATA Slim DVD-ROM
- SATA Slim DVD-RW
- 8 2.5” HDD4
- 1 Slimline optical
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K4000 (3 GB), NVIDIA® Quadro® K5000 (4 GB)
- Ultra High-end 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000 (12 GB)
- High-end Virtual 3D: NVIDIA® GRID K2 (8 GB)
- 384 GB, 1866 MHz, DDR3 Registered SDRAM, 24 DIMM
- 3 PCIe Gen3 x16
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x8
- 1 FlexLOM connector
- 1 HDD writeback cache connector
External I/O Ports7
- 7 USB 2.0
- 1 serial
- 2 VGA
- 1 SD (internal)
- HP Ethernet 1 GB 4-port 366FLR adapter (optional)
- HP VWS Ethernet 10 GB 2-port 560FLR-SFP+ adapter (optional)
Power Supply Required
- 1200 W 94% efficient with HP Power Discovery Services (PDS) support
- 1200 W 94% efficient redundant power supply with HP Power Discovery Services (PDS) support (optional)
- 8.73 x 44.55 x 69.85 cm/3.44 x 17.54 x 27.50 in
- 41 lb/18.59 kg
- HP USB Keyboard
- HP USB Mouse
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support
- Security bezel (optional)
- 2U Rack
- Includes 3-Year Parts, 3-Year Labor, 3-Year Onsite support with next business day response.
Powerful images, peak innovation.
Enjoy the view with vibrant high-end 3D graphics performance, including the latest NVIDIA GRID K2 cards, via the innovative 2U rack mount HP Z Virtual Workstation. Support up to 8 mid-range or 2 ultra-high-end 3D workstation users.
Confidently run your ISV workstation applications virtually in a fully tested and qualified software ecosystem in partnerships with NVIDIA®, Citrix, and VMWare.
Industry leading HP iLO Management3 is available on all HP DL380z Virtual Workstations. Learn more http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/management/ilo/index.aspx
Sharp images, stand-out performance
View graphics with clarity and detail on your end point device thanks to unique HP Remote Graphics Software10 and speedy HP Velocity 2.1 to manage network traffic. Access your graphics-rich applications and collaborate remotely in real time from any PC, thin client, or Windows tablet.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
NVIDIA is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation.
* This offer is tied to specific configurations. See http://www.nvidia.com/object/grid-hp-program.html for exact details.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Optional or add-on feature. Sold separately.
- All 2.5” (small form factor) hard disk drive options are hot swappable.
- Actual memory speed is dependent on processor and number of memory channels used. 1st and 2nd CPUs must be installed for all DIMM slots to be available.
- For full complement of PCIe Gen3 slots, Slot 1 Riser Cage and Slot 2 Riser Cage must be installed.
- Both VGA ports cannot be active simultaneously. Internal SD slot is not hot-pluggable.
- Factory integrated only.
- Exact weight depends upon configuration.
- HP Remote Graphics requires a Windows or Linux operating system and Internet access.