Windows 8.1 Pro
Up to 32 GB
of DDR3-1600 memory3,8,9,10
Move data faster than ever.4
HP Z1 G2 Workstation
Powerful and refined
Experience the simplicity of all-in-one design with the HP Z1 Workstation. Easily add a hard drive, a Thunderbolt™ 4 2 module, upgrade memory, or access the graphics card by snapping it open. Enjoy the control of easily swapping out parts on your own. And enhance your work with 10 finger multi-touch, HD Webcam, and whisper-quiet acoustics. Unleash your creativity on a workstation that’s worthy of it.
- View full HP Z1 G2 Workstation specsHide full specsView full HP Z1 G2 Workstation specs
Form Factor All-in-one Available Operating Systems5,6
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Standard 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64 (National Academic only))
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- HP Linux Installer Kit
- ProcessorGHzCacheNumber of CoresHyper-threadingIntegrated Graphics
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1281v33.78 MB4YN/A
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1246v33.58 MB4YP4600
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1226v33.38 MB4YP4600
- Intel® Core™ i7-47903.68 MB4Y4600
- Intel® Core™ i5-45903.36 MB4N/A4600
- Intel® Core™ i5-45703.26 MB4N/A4600
- Intel® Core™ i3-41503.53 MB2Y4400
Chipset Intel® C226 Chipset Memory8, 9, 10 Up to 32 GB ECC non-ECC unbuffered DDR3L-1600 (Transfer rates up to 1600 MT/s) DIMMS; 4 DIMM slots Drive Controllers Integrated Serial ATA controller Storage11, 12
- SATA 7200 3.5-in. drives: 500 GB, 1, 2, 3 TB
- SATA Solid State Drives: 180, 240, 256, 480, 512 GB, 1TB 256GB SED
- mSATA Solid State Drive: 256 GB
Optical Storage13, 14 1 Optical drive: Slim tray-load Blu-ray writer; Slim tray-load DVD-ROM; Slim tray-load DVD RW SuperMulti writer Drive Bays (1) 3.5" or (2) 2.5" bays Available Graphics
- Integrated:Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (Core™ i3); Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (Core™ i5); Intel® HD Graphics P4600 (Xeon E3-12x5v3)
- Entry 3D:NVIDIA® Quadro K610M (1 GB)
- Midrange 3D:NVIDIA® Quadro K2100M (2 GB)
- High-end 3D:NVIDIA® Quadro K3100M (4 GB); NVIDIA® Quadro K4100M (4 GB)
Note: If a discrete graphics card is installed, Intel integrated graphics is disabled. All discrete graphics cards are PCIe. Network15, 16 Integrated Intel® I217LM PCIe Gigabit controller; Integrated Intel dual-band AC 7260 802.11 ac wireless LAN & Bluetooth combo card Ports4
- Side:2x USB 3.0 port (1 charging data port), 2x Thunderbolt ™2 (optional), 1 Microphone in, 1 Headset out, 1 SD 4.0 media card reader
- Rear:4x USB 2.0 ports, 1x DisplayPort 1.1, 1 audio line in, 1 audio line out, 1 RJ-45, 1 Subwoofer Output, 1 optical S/PDIF Output
- Internal:USB 2.0 Type A and 2 USB 2.0 on 9-pin header (used for touch controller)
Dimensions with Stand 20.8 in x 26 in x 16.5 in (HxWxD) (52.83 X 66.04 X 41.91cm) 47 lb (21.32 kg)
Note: Maximum system weight with stand. Exact weight depends upon configuration
Power Supply 400 Watt 90% Display (screen size diagonally measured) 27” diagonal IPS 2 LED backlit widescreen LCD (2560 x 1440) with 2 MP 1080p webcam and optional touch Software17 HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software 6.0; PDF Complete - Corporate Edition; MS Office Home & Business 201318 Security HP Chassis Intrusion Sensor; HP Keyed Cable Lock Kit (optional) Certifications19 ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available, Low Halogen, EPEAT Gold Warranty20 On-site Warranty and Service; Limited one-, three-, four- and five-year options available. Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary.
Bring your ideas to life quickly with the accelerated performance of the HP Z1 Workstation, an all-in-one workstation with quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors.7 Make renders quicker and crashes a thing of the past with professional graphics and ECC memory. Experience the HP Z1 Workstation and stay one step ahead of your imagination. And thanks to Thunderbolt™2 technology, you'll transfer data at lightning-fast speeds with the ability to connect to high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices over a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
See your work more clearly on an 27” diagonal LED-backlit display. Choose either edge-to-edge glass with 10 finger multi-touch or anti-glare screen options. And with a wide, 178 degree viewing angle and IPS panel, the HP Z1 Workstation display is professional any way you look at it. With equally professional NVIDIA® Quadro® graphics for blazing fast renders and performance, the HP Z1 gives you the time to be your creative best.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, CUDA and Quadro are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Adobe Premiere Pro, are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Autodesk logo is a registered trademark or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
SolidWorks® is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.
Sony Vegas is a trademark or registered trademarks of Sony Creative Software, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and other countries.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk and Sage Cheshire Aerospace.
- The power supply, graphics card, hard drives, optical drive, system cooling blower, and memory can be accessed, and removed without tools. Tools may be required for all other components.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Transfer rates up to 1600 MT/s
- Thunderbolt is an optional or after-market feature. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see thunderbolttechnology.net/products .
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See microsoft.com .
- This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8.1 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Each processor supports up to 2 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel. Actual memory speeds dependent onprocessor capability.
- Intel® Xeon® E3 and Intel® Core™ i3 processors can support either ECC or non-ECC memory. Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors only support non-ECC memory.
- The CPU determines the speed at which the memory is clocked. If a 1600 MHz capable CPU is used in the system, the maximum speed the memory will run at is 1600 MHz regardless of the specified speed of the memory.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful use. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs. However, double-layer discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players. As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- With Blu-ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software require internet access.
- Buy Office.
- This product is low halogen except for power cords, cables and peripherals. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your product, see http://h20560.www2.hp.com/portal/site/cpc?ac.admitted=1392943831663.2043657423.1959898185.