of 1600 MHz DDR3 memory4
Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel® Core™ i7 processors
HP Z1 Workstation
Experience the simplicity of all-in-one design with the HP Z1 Workstation. Easily add a hard drive, upgrade memory, or access the graphics card by snapping it open. And enjoy the control of easily swapping out parts on your own. Enhance your work with the HD Webcam, SRS Premium Sound processing, and whisper-quiet acoustics. Unleash your creativity on a workstation that’s worthy of it.
- View full HP Z1 Workstation specsHide full specsView full HP Z1 Workstation specs
Form Factor All-in-one Available Operating Systems
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit**
- HP Linux Installer Kit
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (90 day license)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop/Workstation (1 year paper license; no software preload)
- ProcessorGHzCacheNumber of CoresWattsIntegrated Graphics
- Intel® Core™ i3-32203.33 MB255WIntel® HD Graphics 2500
- Intel® Core™ i5-34703.26 MB477WIntel® HD Graphics 2500
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1225v23.28 MB477WIntel® HD Graphics P4000
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1245v23.48 MB477WIntel® HD Graphics P4000
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1280v23.68 MB469WN/A
Chipset Intel® C206 Chipset Memory7, 8 Four Memory slots. Up to 32 GB, DDR3 ECC, 1600MHz9; Up to 8 GB, DDR3 nECC, 1600MHz Drive Controllers Integrated Serial ATA interfaces (2x 6Gb/s SATA, 1x 3Gb/s SATA) Storage10, 11 SATA 7200 3.5-in. drives: 250, 500 GB, 1, 2, 3 TB; SATA 10K 2.5-in. drives: 300, 500, 600 GB, 1 TB;
SATA Solid State Drives: 256, 512 GB
Optical Storage DVD +/- RW Super-Multi12 Slot-Load or Blu-ray3 Writer Slot-Load Drive Bays Up to 2 internal 2.5-in. HDDs, Up to 1 internal 3.5-in. HDD Slots 4 slots: 1 MXM (PCIe x16), 3 miniPCIe (PCIe2 x1) Available Graphics
- Integrated:(see Available Processors): Intel® HD Graphics 2500, Intel® HD Graphics P4000
- Entry 3D:NVIDIA Q500M Graphics
- Midrange 3D:NVIDIA Q1000M Graphics, NVIDIA K3000M Graphics
- High-end 3D:NVIDIA K4000M Graphics
Webcam HD 1080p 2.0 megapixel webcam Audio SRS Premium Sound, Dual-cone front-facing stereo speakers Network13, 14 Intel® Gb LAN, 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth15 2.1, 2.1+EDR, 3.0 and 3.0+HS Ports
- Side:2 USB 3.0, 1 IEEE 1394a, 1 microphone in, 1 headphone out, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Rear:4 USB 2.0, 1 RJ-45 Gb-LAN, 1 Audio line-in, 1 Audio line-out, 1 DisplayPort v1.1, 1 Optical S/PDIF Output, 1 Subwoofer Output
- Internal:1 USB 2.0 Type A, 2 x USB 2.0 on header
Input Devices HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse; HP USB Optical Mouse; HP USB 1000dpi Laser Mouse; HP USB Keyboard; HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse (AMO) Dimensions with Stand
- Height:23.0 inches (58.42 cm)
- Width:26.0 inches (66.04 cm)
- Depth:26.0 inches (66.04 cm)
Power Supply 400W, 90% Efficient Display (screen size diagonally measured) 27-inch, 2560x1440 pixel, diagonal LED-backlit IPS2 display (support for up to 1.07 billion colors)1 Display Support Supports up to one external display via DisplayPort Compatible Displays (screen size diagonally measured) HP DreamColor LP2480zx Professional Display, HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor, HP ZR2740w 27-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR2440w 24-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor, HP ZR2240w 21.5-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor, HP ZR2040w 20-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor Warranty16 Limited one-, three-, four- and five-year options. Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary.
Workstation performance without compromise
Bring your ideas to life faster with the accelerated performance of the HP Z1 Workstation. The only all-in-one workstation with quad-core Intel® Xeon® processors.4,5,6 Make renders faster and crashes a thing of the past with professional graphics and ECC memory. Experience the HP Z1 Workstation and stay one step ahead of your imagination.
High-performance graphics incredible from every angle
See your work more clearly on a 27" (diagonal) LED-backlit display that supports over a billion colors.1 With a wide, 178 degree viewing angle and an IPS panel, the HP Z1 Workstation display is professional any way you look at it. With equally professional NVIDIA® Quadro® graphics for blazing fast renders and performance, the HP Z1 gives you the time to be your creative best.
Offering true workstation-class application performance with fully accelerated OpenGL support, NVIDIA® graphics are 100% certified and optimized with a wide spectrum of industry-leading applications, including Autodesk® software, SolidWorks® software, and Adobe® software. Compared to non-professional graphics solutions, the new NVIDIA® Quadro® cards deliver exponentially faster performance across a broad range of design, animation, and video applications. The NVIDIA® Quadro® lineup also offers the ability to take advantage of NVIDIA® CUDA™ accelerated applications like Adobe® Premiere® Pro software, Sony Vegas® software, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® animation software.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk, Local Motors, Inc and Spracher Engineering.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
NVIDIA is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Adobe Premiere Pro, are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Autodesk logo is a registered trademark or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
SolidWorks® is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.
Sony Vegas is a trademark or registered trademarks of Sony Creative Software, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and other countries.
* The Power Supply, Graphics Card, Hard Drives, Optical Drive, System Cooling Blower and Memory can all be accessed, and removed without tools. Tools may be required for all other components.
** This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- 1.07 billion viewable colors through A-FRC technology. All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- In-plane switching
- As Blu-ray contains new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- Multi-Core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Each processor supports up to 2 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance, at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- Intel® Xeon® E3, Intel® Core™ i3 can support either ECC or non-ECC memory.
- The CPU determines the speed at which the memory is clocked. If a 1333MHz capable CPU is used, the maximum speed the memory will run at is 1333MHz regardless of the specified speed of the memory.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license.
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at hp.com/go/carepack. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.