HP Desktop workstations
Expand your power
HP Z440 Workstation
Take your business to the next level of performance, expandability, and no compromise reliability in one complete package. The HP Z440 features a perfect mix of HP Z DNA in a performance workstation with up to 8 discrete processor cores, up to 128 GB of RAM, and multiple storage and PCIe configuration options. Here’s to more power to you with the HP Z440 Workstation.
Windows 8.1 Pro
to your needs with
2 power supply
of SATA SSD with
HP Z Turbo Drive
Move data faster than ever.1
HP Z440 Workstation
Get the job done fast.
Cross items off your to-do list fast. Achieve massive computational performance with a single processor personal workstation delivering support for up to 8 cores of processing power with Intel® Xeon® processors. Add in powerful graphics from NVIDIA® or AMD, support for up to 8 displays, lightning-fast data transfers using Thunderbolt™ 22 technology, game changing speed with the HP Z Turbo Drive2, and HP Remote Graphics Software9 and you get a world-class workstation experience that never slows you down.
- View full HP Z440 Workstation specs Hide full specs View full Z440 SFF Workstation specs
Form Factor Minitower Available Operating Systems 3
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Standard 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (National Academic)
- Ubuntu 14.04
- HP Installer Kit for Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (Paper license with 1 year support; no preinstalled OS)
Processor Family Intel® Xeon® E5 v3 processor Processors 4
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1680 v3 (3.2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1660 v3 (3.0 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v3 (2.4 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1650 v3 (3.5 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1630 v3 (3.7 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1620 v3 (3.5 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1607 v3 (3.1 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores, Intel® vPro™)
- Intel® Xeon® E5-1603 v3 (2.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores, Intel® vPro™)
Chipset Intel® C612 Memory
- 128 GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered SDRAM
- Actual memory speed dependent on processor. Only registered memory is supported.
Internal Storage 5
- 300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (15000 rpm)
- 300 GB up to 1.2 TB SAS (10000 rpm)
- 500 GB up to 3 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
- 500 GB SATA SED (7200 rpm)
- 128 GB up to 1 TB SATA SSD
- 256 GB SATA SE SSD
- 256 GB up to 512 GB HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe SSD)
Optical Storage 6, 7 Slim SATA DVD-ROM; Slim SATA SuperMulti DVD writer; Slim SATA Blu-ray writer Additional Storage 1 15-in-1 media card reader (optional) Available Graphics
- Professional 2D: NVIDIA NVS 310 (512 MB); NVIDIA NVS 315 (1 GB); NVIDIA NVS 510 (2 GB)
- Entry 3D: NVIDIA Quadro K420 (1 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K620 (2 GB)
- Mid-range 3D: NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (4 GB); AMD FirePro W2100 (2 GB); AMD FirePro W5100 (4 GB)
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (4 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K5200 (8 GB); NVIDIA Quadro K6000 (12 GB); AMD FirePro W7100 (8 GB)
Audio Integrated Realtek HD ALC221 Communications 8 Integrated Intel I218LM PCIe GbE; Intel I210AT PCIe GbE (optional); HP X540 10 GbE Dual Port Adapter (optional); HP X520 10 GbE Dual Port Adapter (optional); HP 10 GbE SFP+SR Transceiver (optional); HP 361T PCIe dual-port gigabit (optional); Intel 7260 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe WLAN (optional) Expansion Slots 2 PCIe Gen3 x16; 1 PCIe Gen3 x8 (open-ended); 1 PCIe Gen2 x4 (open-ended); 1 PCIe Gen2 x1 (open-ended); 1 PCI Open-ended connector allows a greater bandwidth card to be installed physically into a lower bandwidth connector/slot. Ports and Connectors
- Front: 4 USB 3.0; 1 microphone; 1 headset
- Rear: 4 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 2 PS/2; 1 RJ-45; 1 audio line in; 1 audio line out
- Internal: 1 USB 2.0; 1 USB 3.0
- Internal: USB 2.0 available by the 2x5 header. Internal USB 3.0 available by the 2x10 header.
Drive Bays (Internal) Two 3.5" Drive Bays (External) Two 5.25"; One slim ODD Input Devices 2 HP PS/2 Keyboard; HP USB Keyboard; HP USB SmartCard Keyboard; HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse; HP PS/2 Mouse; HP USB Optical Mouse; HP USB 1000 dpi Laser Mouse; HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse; HP SpaceMouse Pro USB 3D Controller; HP SpacePilot Pro 3D USB Intelligent Controller Software HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS); Cyberlink Power2Go & PowerDVD; Foxit PhantomPDF Express; Buy Office Security 2 HP Solenoid Hood Lock & Hood Sensor; HP Business PC Security Lock Kit; TPM 1.2 certified Power 525 W 85% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC; 700 W 90% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 6.65 x 17.5 x 17 in
- 16.9 x 44.5 x 43.2 cm
- 24.3 lb
- 11 kg
- (Exact weight depends upon configuration.)
Environmental Certification 10 Low halogen Energy Efficiency Compliance 11 ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® registered configurations available Compatible Displays (screen size diagonally measured) HP Z Display Z30i 30-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor; HP Z Display Z27i 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor; HP Z Display Z24i 24-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor; HP Z Display Z23i 23-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor; HP Z Display Z22i 21.5-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor; HP DreamColor Z27x Professional Display; HP DreamColor Z24x Professional Display Warranty Protected by HP Services, including a limited 3 years parts, 3 years labor, and 3 years onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
Customize it to grow with you.
When your job requires more, HP makes it easy. The HP Z440 Workstation, with its sleek 4U form factor, tool-less design, and built in handles makes it simple to expand even in a racked data center environment. Easily configure memory, storage, graphics, and more to suit your needs today and in the future. And you’ll never run out of juice with a choice of two power supply options including a 525W option and a 700W option with two power cables for high-power professional graphics.
A chassis that meets any challenge.
The tool-free chassis of the HP Z440 boasts low acoustics, single integrated Gb Ethernet, a front handle, rear ledge, storage bays, and is 4U rack mountable. And with HP’s no compromise reliability featuring a standard 3/3/3 limited warranty as well as a long life cycle you can protect your investment and make downtime a thing of the past.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Thunderbolt is an optional or after-market feature. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products .
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 20 GB of system disk is reserved for Windows 7 and higher system recovery software.
- Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
- With Blu-ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
- Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.
- External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
- EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.