HP Desktop workstations
Versatility redefined, still compact
HP Z620 Workstation
More versatile than ever before. The HP Z620 Workstation delivers four times the memory capacity of the previous generation, a larger power supply, and support for single- or dual-socket processor configurations. With up to 24 discrete processor cores, the HP Z620 packs a ton of computing and visualization power into a quiet, compact footprint.
Move data faster than ever.12
of 1866MHz DDR3 memory6
Intel® Xeon® processors
HP Z620 Workstation
Big possibilities. Compact form factor.
With its innovative design, the HP Z620 Workstation gives you a near-silent computing solution in a form factor that’s a perfect fit for space-constrained environments. And for easy servicing and upgrades, it features a completely tool-less chassis with integrated handles and a tool-free power supply.
- View full HP Z620 Workstation specs Hide full specs View full Z620 SFF Workstation specs
Form Factor Rackable minitower Available Operating Systems
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
- Windows 8.1 Pro Downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-bit*
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit*
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit*
- HP Linux Installer Kit
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (90 day license)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop/Workstation (1 year paper license; no preinstalled OS)
- Processor GHz Cache Memory Cores Hyper-Threading Intel® vPro™ Technology Intel® Turbo Boost Technology5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2643 3.3 10 MB 1600 MHz 4 Y Y 1, 2
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 2.0 15 MB 1333 MHz 6 Y Y 3, 5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2697 v2 2.7 30 MB 1866 MHz 12 Y Y 3,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2695 v2 2.4 30 MB 1866 MHz 12 Y Y 4,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690 v2 3.0 25 MB 1866 MHz 10 Y Y 3,6
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2680 v2 2.8 25 MB 1866 MHz 10 Y Y 3,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2670 v2 2.5 25 MB 1866 MHz 10 Y Y 4,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2667 v2 3.3 25 MB 1866 MHz 8 Y Y 3,7
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2660 v2 2.2 25 MB 1866 MHz 10 Y Y 4,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2650 v2 2.6 20 MB 1866 MHz 8 Y Y 4,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2643 v2 3.5 25 MB 1866 MHz 6 Y Y 1,3
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2640 v2 2.0 20 MB 1600 MHz 8 Y Y 3,5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2637 v2 3.5 15 MB 1866 MHz 4 Y Y 1,3
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630 v2 2.6 15 MB 1600 MHz 6 Y Y 3,5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 v2 2.1 15 MB 1600 MHz 6 Y Y 3,5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609 v2 2.5 10 MB 1333 MHz 4 N Y N/A
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2603 v2 1.8 10 MB 1333 MHz 4 N Y N/A
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1620 3.6 10 MB 1600 MHz 4 Y Y 2, 3
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1680 v2 3.0 25 MB 1866 MHz 8 Y Y 4, 9
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1660 v2 3.7 15 MB 1866 MHz 6 Y Y 2,3
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1650 v2 3.5 12 MB 1866 MHz 6 Y Y 1,4
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1620 v2 3.7 10 MB 1866 MHz 4 Y Y 0,2
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1607 v2 3.0 10 MB 1600 MHz 4 N Y N/A
Chipset Intel® C602 Chipset Memory6 Up to 12 DIMM slots with 2 CPUs, up to 192 GB, 8-channel ECC DDR3 1866 MHz; 4 channels per CPU Drive Controllers Integrated 6-channel SATA controller: 2 ports 6 Gb/s + 4 ports 3 Gb/s, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 capable; Optional SAS controllers: LSI 9717-4i4e 8-port SAS; & LSI 9270-8i SAS; all with 6 Gb/s RAID 0, 1, 10 capable Storage7, 8
- Intel® Pro 1500 SSD 180 GB
- Up to (4) 3.5-inch 7200 rpm SATA drives: 500 GB, 1, 2, 3 TB, 12 TB max
- Up to (4) 2.5-inch 10K rpm SATA drives: 250, 500 GB, 1 TB, 4 TB max
- Up to (4) 2.5-inch 10K rpm SAS drives: 300, 600, 900 GB, 1.2 TB, 4.8 TB max
- Up to (4) 3.5-inch 15K rpm SAS drives: 300, 450, 600 GB, 2.4 TB max
- Up to (4) 2.5-inch SATA solid state drives: 128, 180, 240, 256, 480, 512 GB, 1 TB (4 TB max)
- Up to (1) 2.5-inch SATA self-encrypting solid state boot drive (SED SSD): 256 GB, 256 GB max
- Up to (1) 2.5-inch SATA self-encrypting hard drive (SED HDD): 500 GB, 500 GB max
- Up to (1) PCIe SSD: HP Z Turbo Drive 256 GB, HP Z Turbo Drive 512 GB, Fusion ioFX 410GB PCIe Accelerator**
- Note: Fourth drive occupies one external 5.25-inch bay
Optical Storage9, 10 DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW, Blu-ray Writer, 15-in-1 Media Card Reader Drive Bays 2 external 5.25-inch bays, 3 internal 3.5-inch bays, Note: Fourth HDD occupies one external bay Expansion Slots 2 PCI Express Gen3 x16; 1 PCI Express Gen3 x8, 1 PCI Express Gen2 x8 mechanical/x4 electrical; 1 PCI Express Gen2 x4 mechanical/x1 electrical; 1 Legacy PCI Available Graphics
- Professional 2D: NVIDIA® NVS 310, NVIDIA® NVS 315, NVIDIA® NVS 510
- Entry 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® 410, NVIDIA® Quadro® K600, AMD FirePro™ V3900
- Mid-range 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K2000
- High-end 3D:
NVIDIA® Quadro® K4000, AMD FirePro™ W7000, NVIDIA® Quadro® K5000, NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU):
NVIDIA® Tesla K20c, NVIDIA® Tesla K40, NVIDIA® Quadro Sync
Audio Creative Recon3D PCIe Audio Card, Integrated Intel/Realtek HD ALC262 Audio, optional HP Thin USB Powered Speakers Network Dual integrated Intel GbE LAN; Infineon TPM 1.2 Controller; Optional Broadcom GbE NIC; Optional Intel GbE NIC; Optional HP X520 10GbE Dual Port NIC Ports
- Front: 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 1 IEEE 1394a standard, 1 microphone in, 1 headphone out, HP 15-in-1 Media Card Reader (optional)
- Rear: 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, 1 audio in, 1 audio out, 1 microphone in, 2 PS/2, 2 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN, 1 serial via optional adapter, Rear power button with LED
- Internal: 6 USB 2.0
- Optional: 1 Thunderbolt™ 2 port via optional add-in PCIe card12
Input Devices HP PS/2 keyboard, HP USB keyboard, HP USB Smart Card Keyboard, HP PS/2 mouse, HP USB optical mouse, USB 1000dpi laser mouse, HP USB optical 3-button mouse, USB SpaceMouse Pro, USB SpacePilot Pro Dimensions (H x W x D) 17.5 x 6.75 x 18.3 in (44.45 x 17.15 x 46.48 cm) Power Supply 800 Watt 90% efficient tool-free power supply Compatible Displays (screen size diagonally measured) HP DreamColor Z24x, HP DreamColor Z27x, HP DreamColor LP2480zx Professional Display, HP Z Display Z30i 30-inch IPS Display, HP Z Display Z27i 27-inch IPS Display, HP Z Display Z24i 24-inch IPS Display, HP Z Display Z23i 23-inch IPS Display, HP Z Display Z22i 21.5-inch IPS Display Warranty11 Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary. Extendable up to five years.
The performance you demand.
Get massive system performance with a small footprint. The HP Z620 features the next evolution in processor technology and system architecture, setting the standard for versatility with support for a single Intel® E5-1600 v2 Series Xeon® processor or dual Intel® E5-2600 v2 Series Xeon® processors. Now with up to 24 cores, the HP Z620 powerhouse supports a full range of processors to help you get more done every minute. And thanks to optional Thunderbolt™ technology, you'll transfer data at lightning-fast speeds with the ability to connect to high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices over a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
Brings your ideas to life faster.
The HP Z620 is designed to support next-generation PCI express Gen3 graphics technology that doubles the bandwidth in and out of the card. The HP Z620 offers a huge variety of professional graphics from NVIDIA® and AMD—from Pro 2D to Extreme 3D. With an 800W 90% efficient power supply and support for up to eight displays, the HP Z620 gives you the freedom of doing and seeing more.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
NVIDIA, NIVDIA QUADRO and NVIDIA Kepler are trademarks or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. or other countries.
*This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
**Each drive requires a PCIe x4 (minimum) slot to be available. Full performance is obtained only when using PCIe slots connected to the CPU. Non-CPU PCIe slots may see a decrease of up to 10%. Please see slot configuration recommendations at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/z-turbo-drive.html. Note that graphics cards, Thunderbolt™, and other devices will require PCIe slots.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance. Z620 systems configured with E5-1600 series processors may not add a 2nd processor. To support two processors, E5-2600 series processor must be chosen. Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information. NOTE: Z620 systems configured with E5-1600 series or E5-1600 v2 series processors may not add a 2nd processor. To support two processors, E5-2600 series or E5-2600 v2 series must be chosen.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Z620 systems configured with E5-1600 series processors may not add a 2nd processor. To support two processors, E5-2600 series processor must be chosen.
- The specifications shown in this in this column represent the following: (all core maximum turbo steps, one core maximum turbo steps). Turbo boost stepping occurs in 100MHz increments. Processors that do not have turbo functionality are denoted as N/A. Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel® Turbo Boost capability. Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Please visit intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- As Blu-ray contains new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at http://h20560.www2.hp.com/portal/site/cpc?ac.admitted=1392942166445.2043657423.1959898185. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/business-services/it-services.html?compURI=1077422. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- Thunderbolt is an optional feature available as an add-in card. Install all the latest drivers for your Thunderbolt device before connecting to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products .