HP Mobile Workstations
Designed to perform
HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation
Unleash your creativity. Break free from your desktop with a sleek HP ZBook 15 mobile workstation that keeps you productive in the field. Take advantage of powerful processing and graphics, consistent color throughout your workflow, simple scalability, and the blazing-fast connectivity your team needs to perform and collaborate at the speed of creativity. HP Workstations are powered by Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® processors.
Move data faster than ever.2
of 1600 MHz DDR3L memory3
Innovative sleek design
The stylish new HP ZBook 15 displays a professional image at the office, client meetings, and on the road without sacrificing the durability of a lightweight chassis.
- View full ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation specifications Hide full specs View full ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation specifications
- Windows 8 Pro 648
- Windows 8 648
- Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro)9
- Windows 7 Professional 6410
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
- Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.8 GHz, 1600MHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.7 GHz, 1600MHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.4 GHz, 1600MHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4330M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.8 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Chipset Mobile Intel® QM87 Memory3
- DDR3L SDRAM, 1600 MHz, 4 SODIMMs. Up to 32 GB
- Two SODIMM slots (dual-core processor) or four SODIMM slots (quad-core processor) supporting dual-channel memory.
Internal storage6 SATA (7200 rpm), 320 GB, 750 GB, SATA (5400 rpm), 1 TB, SATA SED,11 500 GB, SATA FIPS 140-2 SED11 (5400 rpm), 500 GB, SATA SSD, 128GB, 500 GB, SATA SE SSD, 256 GB, mSATA SSD, 128 GB Optical storage Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; DVD-ROM Display12 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD SVA eDP anti-glare (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD UWVA eDP anti-glare + PSR (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal RGB LED-backlit FHD DreamColor UWVA eDP anti-glare (1920 x 1080) Graphics13
- Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Discrete: NVIDIA Quadro K610M (1 GB dedicated GDDR5); NVIDIA Quadro K1100M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5); NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5)
- NVIDIA Optimus Technology supported
Audio DTS Studio Sound HD audio (Windows operating systems only); Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated microphone (dual-microphone array when quipped with optional webcam); Button for volume mute, functions keys for volume up and down; Combo microphone-in/stereo headphone-out jack Wireless support4,14,15,16
- WLAN: Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 802.11 a/b/g/n (2x2); Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 802.11 a/b/g/n (2x2) + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Combo; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo
- WWAN: HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Module; HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Gobi4G Module; HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+Gobi4G Module (EMEA)
Communications Integrated Intel I217-LM Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000) Ports and connectors (2) USB 3.0; (1) USB 2.0; (1) USB 3.0 charging port; 1 Thunderbolt2; 1 DisplayPort; 1 stereo microphone-in/headphone-out combo; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-45; 1 docking connector; 1 secondary battery connector; 1 VGA Expansion slots 1 ExpressCard/54; 1 Secure Digital; 1 Smart Card Reader Input devices Spill-resistant keyboard and drain, Touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons; Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons; Image sensor touchpad, 720p HD webcam (on select models) Software HP Recovery Manager; HP Performance Advisor;7 HP Remote Graphics Software1 (pre-load); HP Support Assistant; HP Client Security;17 HP Hotkey Support; HP Wireless Hotspot18 (Windows 8 only); HP Connection Manager (Windows 7 only); HP GPS and Location19 (Select Models - Windows 7 only); Adobe® Flash Player (Windows 7 only); Buy Office; Microsoft Security Essentials;20 Cyberlink Power DVD; Cyberlink Media Suite; Cyberlink Photo Director; Cyberlink Power Director; Cyberlink Power2Go; Cyberlink YouCam BE; Cyberlink Webcam Sharing Manager (web download); PDF Complete Corporate Edition; Skype Security Standard: HP Client Security (Windows 8 only); HP Fingerprint Sensor; Integrated Smart Card Reader; Enhanced Pre-Boot Security (multiuser/ multifactor); HP Spare Key (requires initial user setup); One-Step Logon; Common Criteria EAL4+ Augmented Certified Discrete TPM 1.2 Embedded Security Chip; Security lock slot; Support for Intel AT;21 Optional: Computrace with GPS Tracking22 (sold separately and requires the purchase of subscription) Dimensions
(w x d x h)
- 15 x 10.1 x 1.2 in
- 38.15 x 25.7 x 3.05 cm
Weight 6.2 lb, 2.82 kg Power
- Primary batteries: 8-cell (83 WHr) Li-Ion battery;23
- HP Long Life 8-cell (75 WHr) Li-Ion battery23
- Secondary batteries: HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (9-cell/100 WHr); HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (9-cell/73 WHr)
- External: External 150W Slim Smart AC adapter; External 200W Slim Smart AC adapter; HP Fast Charge (not supported on 9-cell primary battery)
- HP Adjustable Dual Monitor Stand
- HP Adjustable Display Stand
- HP 230W Docking Station
- HP 120W Advanced Docking Station
- HP 230W Advanced Docking Station
Certification ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available, Low halogen24
Power to perform
With Thunderbolt™,2 professional NVIDIA Quadro 3D Graphics, optional latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors,5,13 the new HP ZBook 15 redefines mobile workstation performance. And thanks to Thunderbolt™ technology, you'll transfer data at lightning-fast speeds with the ability to connect to high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices over a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
Confidence in colors
Maintain accurate, predictable colors that are consistent across your entire digital workflow. What you see on your display is true to the finished product, thanks to the optional HP DreamColor display.4
Optimized workstation-class graphics
Enjoy exceptional mobility without compromise. Put a supercomputer in your lap with a high-performance, battery-efficient NVIDIA® Quadro®-powered mobile workstation. It’s the ideal solution for mobile professionals who need the horsepower and flexibility run the same demanding professional applications as desktop workstations, with no drop in performance.
Quadro-powered mobile workstations deliver supercomputer power—to go. So, you can create and collaborate anywhere, any time.
Offering true workstation-class application performance and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications such as AutoDesk, Solidworks and Adobe® for enhanced performance and reliability. Take advantage of large GPU memory with fast bandwidth (up to 256-bit) for display of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting and additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
- HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.
- Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for your Thunderbolt device before connecting to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see thunderbolttechnology.net/products .
- Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
- Sold as an optional or add on feature.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16 GB (for Windows 7) of system and up to 30 GB (for Windows 8) disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and an internet connection.
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See microsoft.com for details.
- This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Pro software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
- This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Planned to be available in October 2013.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- NVIDIA Optimus is enabled by default. If you choose to disable this functionality, Intel® integrated graphics will not be used.
- Wireless access point and internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points is limited.
- The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions and only available on products featuring Intel processors. WWAN is an optional feature sold separately or as an add on feature. WWAN connection requires wireless data service contract, network support, and is not available in all areas. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- HP Client Security requires Windows.
- The Wireless Hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP Wireless Hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless Hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with your plan for details. Requires Windows 8. 21 MSE requires Windows 7 and internet access for updates.
- GPS access requires an unobstructed path to multiple satellites. Performance may be affected if/when used inside of buildings, bridges or heavily congested metropolitan areas. Requires separately purchased GPS navigation software available from multiple GPS applications.
- MSE requires Windows 7 and internet access for updates.
- Intel AT security requires a separately purchased Absolute Computrace service subscription and must be activated and configured. Check with Absolute for availability in your country. Intel and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom. See intel.com/technology/anti-theft/ .
- Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging from one to multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007 for additional details.
- This product is low halogen except for power cords, cables and peripherals, as well as the following customer-configurable internal components: 3 ½" SAS HDDs, LSI 9260-8i SAS 6Gb/s ROC RAID Card, Creative Recon3D PCIe Audio Card, Liquid Cooling Solution and Broadcom 5761 Gigabit PCIe NIC are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.