HP Mobile Workstations
Perform on the go
HP ZBook 15 and HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstations
Be productive in the office or in the field. Take advantage of the power processing and graphics, simple scalability, and blazing-fast connectivity of the HP ZBook 15 and ZBook 15 G2 to perform and collaborate at the speed of creativity. Work anywhere and be confident the power you need is at your fingertips. The HP ZBook 15 and ZBook 15 G2 are our most versatile mobile workstations with a choice of Windows 8.11 or Linux, Intel® Core™ processors,3 professional graphics, and lasting battery life.
HP Z Turbo Drive
4x the performance of USB 3.0 with Thunderbolt™ 2
HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation
Work smarter. Be confident.
Feel the power. Take performance to a new level on HP ZBook 15 G2 with Thunderbolt™2,5 and optional Quad Core CPUs,4 HP Z Turbo Drive storage,4 and optional QHD+ display options.4 Look stylish and confident carrying the HP ZBook 15 G2. Project a professional image at the office, client meetings, and on the road without sacrificing durability in a lightweight chassis. Be confident that your ZBook 15 G2 can withstand the rigors of business with workstation ISV application certifications and 115,000 hours of testing through the HP Total Test Process.
- View full ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation specifications Hide full specs View full ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation specifications
Available Operating Systems1
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Ubuntu Linux
- FreeDOS 2.0
- Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4610M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3 GHz, up to 3.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4340M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4210M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Chipset Mobile Intel® QM87 Maximum Memory23
- 32 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
- 32 GB maximum memory with quad-core processor. 16 GB maximum memory with dual-core processor.
Memory Slots 2 SODIMM (for dual-core processor) or 4 SODIMM (for quad-core processor) Internal storage2
- 500 GB up to 1 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
- 1 TB SATA (5400 rpm)
- 500 GB SATA SED (7200 rpm)
- 500 GB SATA FIPS 140-2 SED (5400 rpm)
- 128 GB up to 512 GB SATA SSD
- 256 GB SATA SE SSD
- 256 GB HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe SSD)
Optical drive8,19 Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Display21 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD SVA eDP anti-glare (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD UWVA IPS eDP anti-glare + PSR (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit QHD+ UWVA IPS eDP anti-glare (3200 x 1800) Available Graphics9
- Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Discrete: NVIDIA Quadro K610M (1 GB GDDR5 dedicated); NVIDIA Quadro K1100M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated); NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated); AMD FirePro 5100M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5)
Audio DTS Studio Sound HD audio (Windows operating systems only); Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated microphone (dual-microphone array when equipped with optional webcam); Button for volume mute, function keys for volume up and down; Combo microphone in/stereo headphone out jack Wireless Technologies17,20
- HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband; HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Qualcomm® Gobi™ 4G Module; HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Qualcomm® Gobi™ 4G Module; Intel Dual Band Wireless-NB 7260 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AN 7260 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo
Communications Integrated Intel I217-LM Gigabit Network Connection Expansion slots
- 1 ExpressCard/54; 1 SD; 1 smart card reader
- (SD supports next generation security digital and is backward compatible to SDHC, SDXC)
Ports and connectors5 3 USB 3.0 (1 charging); 1 USB 2.0; 1 Thunderbolt™ 2; 1 DisplayPort 1.2; 1 stereo microphone-in/headphone-out combo; 1 power connector; 1 RJ-45; 1 docking connector; 1 secondary battery connector; 1 VGA Input device Backlit keyboard with function key control (optional); HP Spill Resistant Keyboard; Touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons; Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons Camera21 720p HD webcam (select models) Available Software6,7,10,11,12,13,18,20,27 HP Mobile Workstations are shipped with a variety of software titles including: HP Performance Advisor, HP Remote Graphics Software, HP Client Security, HP Drive Encryption (FIPS 140-2), Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Defender, CyberLink Power DVD BD, HP ePrint Driver, HP PageLift. Please refer to this product's quick spec document for a full list of preinstalled software. Security Management14 Integrated Smart Card Reader; HP Spare Key; One-step logon; Common Criteria EAL4+ Augmented Certified Discrete TPM 1.2 Embedded Security Chip; Security lock slot; Support for Intel AT; HP FingerPrint Sensor (optional); Computrace with GPS Tracking agent Power
- 150 W Slim Smart AC adapter (external); 200 W Slim Smart AC adapter (external) 8-cell, 83 WHr Li-ion; HP Long Life 8-cell, 75 WHr Li-ion
(w x d x h)
- 15 x 10.1 x 1.2 in
- 38.15 x 25.7 x 3.05 cm
- (Height measurement taken at front of notebook.)
- Starting 6.2 lb
- Starting at 2.82 kg
- (Weight varies by configuration and components)
Environmental16 Low halogen Energy Efficiency Compliance15 ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® registered configurations available Warranty32 3-year limited parts, labor and onsite service (3/3/3) warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation
Power to perform in a sleek innovative design.
Unleash your creativity. The stylish HP ZBook 15 displays a professional image without sacrificing the durability of a lightweight chassis. Break free from your desktop with a sleek HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation that keeps you productive in the field. Take advantage of powerful processing and graphics, consistent color throughout your workflow,** simple scalability, and the blazing-fast connectivity your team needs to perform and collaborate at the speed of creativity.
- View full ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation specifications Hide full specs View full ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation specifications
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro)
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
- Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.8 GHz, 1600MHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.7 GHz, 1600MHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.4 GHz, 1600MHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4330M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.8 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Chipset Mobile Intel® QM87 Memory23
- DDR3L SDRAM, 1600 MHz, 4 SODIMMs. Up to 32 GB
- Two SODIMM slots (dual-core processor) or four SODIMM slots (quad-core processor) supporting dual-channel memory.
Internal storage2 SATA (7200 rpm): 320 GB, 750 GB; SATA (5400 rpm): 1 TB; SATA SED: 500 GB; SATA FIPS 140-2 SED (5400 rpm): 500 GB; SATA SSD: 128GB, 500 GB; SATA SE SSD: 256 GB; mSATA SSD: 128 GB Optical drive8,19 Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; DVD-ROM Display21 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD SVA eDP anti-glare (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD UWVA eDP anti-glare + PSR (1920 x 1080); 15.6" diagonal RGB LED-backlit FHD DreamColor UWVA eDP anti-glare (1920 x 1080) Graphics9,24,25
- Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4600; Intel WiDi
- Discrete: NVIDIA Quadro K610M (1 GB dedicated GDDR5); NVIDIA Quadro K1100M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5); NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5)
- NVIDIA Optimus Technology supported
Audio DTS Studio Sound HD audio (Windows operating systems only); Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated microphone (dual-microphone array when quipped with optional webcam); Button for volume mute, functions keys for volume up and down; Combo microphone-in/stereo headphone-out jack Wireless support17,20,26
- WLAN: Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 802.11 a/b/g/n (2x2); Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 802.11 a/b/g/n (2x2) + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Combo; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo
- WWAN: HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Module; HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Gobi4G Module; HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+Gobi4G Module (EMEA)
Communications Integrated Intel I217-LM Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000) Ports and connectors5 (2) USB 3.0; (1) USB 2.0; (1) USB 3.0 charging port; 1 Thunderbolt; 1 DisplayPort; 1 stereo microphone-in/headphone-out combo; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-45; 1 docking connector; 1 secondary battery connector; 1 VGA Expansion slots 1 ExpressCard/54; 1 Secure Digital; 1 Smart Card Reader Input devices Spill-resistant keyboard and drain, Touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons; Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons; Image sensor touchpad, 720p HD webcam (on select models) Software6,7,10,12,27,28,29 HP Recovery Manager; HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software (pre-load); HP Support Assistant; HP Client Security; HP Hotkey Support; HP Wireless Hotspot(Windows 8 only); HP Connection Manager (Windows 7 only); HP GPS and Location (Select Models - Windows 7 only); Adobe® Flash Player (Windows 7 only); Buy Office; Microsoft Security Essentials; Cyberlink Power DVD; Cyberlink Media Suite; Cyberlink Photo Director; Cyberlink Power Director; Cyberlink Power2Go; Cyberlink YouCam BE; Cyberlink Webcam Sharing Manager (web download); PDF Complete Corporate Edition; Skype Security14,30 Standard: HP Client Security (Windows 8 only); HP Fingerprint Sensor; Integrated Smart Card Reader; Enhanced Pre-Boot Security (multiuser/ multifactor); HP Spare Key (requires initial user setup); One-Step Logon; Common Criteria EAL4+ Augmented Certified Discrete TPM 1.2 Embedded Security Chip; Security lock slot; Support for Intel AT; Optional: Computrace with GPS Tracking (sold separately and requires the purchase of subscription) Dimensions
(w x d x h)
- 15 x 10.1 x 1.2 in
- 38.15 x 25.7 x 3.05 cm
Weight 6.2 lb, 2.82 kg Power31
- Primary batteries: 8-cell (83 WHr) Li-Ion battery;
- HP Long Life 8-cell (75 WHr) Li-Ion battery
- Secondary batteries: HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (9-cell/100 WHr); HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (9-cell/73 WHr)
- External: External 150W Slim Smart AC adapter; External 200W Slim Smart AC adapter; HP Fast Charge (not supported on 9-cell primary battery)
- HP Adjustable Dual Monitor Stand
- HP Adjustable Display Stand
- HP 230W Docking Station
- HP 120W Advanced Docking Station
- HP 230W Advanced Docking Station
Certification16 ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available, Low halogen Warranty32 Limited 3-year and 1-year warranty options available, depending on country, 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. Optional HP Care Pack Services are extended service contracts which go beyond your standard warranties. For more details, visit hp.com/go/cpc.
Optimized workstation-class graphics for the HP ZBook 15 and HP ZBook 15 G2
Run the same demanding professional applications as a desktop workstation on your HP ZBook 15 or ZBook 15 G2 without dropping performance. ISV certified NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™* graphics options offer large GPU memory with fast bandwidth. And work virtually anywhere by accessing your workstation or server-based graphic-rich applications and collaborate remotely in real time from your HP ZBook 15, ZBook 15 G2, or any PC, thin client, or Windows® tablet with HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS).6
Set new performance curve with the HP ZBook 15 and HP ZBook 15 G2.
Reduce boot up, calculation, and graphics response and revolutionize how your HP ZBook 15 G2 handles large files with the HP Z Turbo Drive, a remarkably fast and innovative storage solution.* Connect in a flash from your HP ZBook 15 or HP ZBook 15 G2 with 4X USB 3.0 speeds and enhance productivity with a high-performance Thunderbolt™ 2 port.5 And optimize your mobile workstation for peak performance with HP Performance Advisor7 that configures your system with updated settings and drivers to help maximize performance. Now it’s easier than ever to work smarter.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting and additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Screen image courtesy of Autodesk, Motus Motorcycles, and Intergraph™ Corporation. Hexagon Geospatial is a part of Intergraph Corporation.
* HP Z Turbo Drive is available on the HP ZBook 15 G2 only.
** HP DreamColor is available on the HP ZBook 15 only.
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16GB (for Windows 7) and up to 30GB (for Windows 8.1) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see thunderbolttechnology.net/products .
- HP RGS requires a Windows or Linux operating system and Internet access.
- HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and Internet access.
- Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
- NVIDIA Optimus and AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics is enabled by default. If you choose to disable this functionality, Intel® integrated graphics will not be used.
- HP Client Security requires Windows.
- HP Drive Encryption requires Windows. Data is protected prior to Drive Encryption login. Turning the PC off or into hibernate logs out of Drive Encryption and prevents data access.
- Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsoft Defender require internet access.
- HP PageLift requires Windows 8.
- The Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
- External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
- 802.11 wireless is an optional add- on feature and requires wireless access point and Internet service is required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- ePrint requires an Internet connection to a HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see http://www.hp.com/eprint .
- With Blu-ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
- 4G module is optional, must be configured at the factory and requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G not available on all products, in all regions.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
- If configured with the HP DreamColor display, NVIDIA Optimus graphics will not be enabled.
- Intel Widi not supported when using Dreamcolor displays where Optimus is disabled.
- WWAN connection requires wireless data service contract, network support, and is not available in all areas. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- MSE requires Windows 7 and internet access for updates.
- The Wireless Hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP Wireless Hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless Hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with your provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.
- GPS access requires an unobstructed path to multiple satellites. Performance may be affected if/when used inside of buildings, bridges or heavily congested metropolitan areas. Requires separately purchased GPS navigation software available from multiple GPS applications.
- Intel AT security requires a separately purchased Absolute Computrace service subscription and must be activated and configured. Check with Absolute for availability in your country. Intel and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom. See intel.com/technology/anti-theft/ .
- Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark for additional details.
- Lookup Tool at hp.com/go/lookuptool . Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at hp.com/go/carepack . Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.