HP Mobile Workstations
Expand your creative capabilities
HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation
On the go creativity knows no limits with a vivid 17.3” diagonal HP ZBook 17. Showcase your best work in the office or in the field with scalable workstation computing solutions that remain easy enough to take wherever work sends you. Take advantage of HP’s most powerful processing, graphics, simple scalability, and blazing-fast connectivity to perform and collaborate at the speed of creativity. HP Mobile Workstations are powered by Intel® Core™ processors.
HP Z Turbo Drive
4x the performance of USB 3.0 with Thunderbolt™ 5
Refuse to limit your potential
Break down performance barriers with the HP ZBook 17 with Windows 8.11 or Linux offering our highest available Intel processors with quad-core options.3 Get our greatest range of professional graphics and performance features including Thunderbolt™25 and HP ZTurbo Drive PCIe SSD storage. And customize the HP ZBook 17 to meet your demands. Keep large files at your fingertips without sacrificing performance with four internal storage devices with up to 3.2 TB storage2 and 32 GB memory.
- View full ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation specifications Hide full specs View full ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation specifications
Available Operating Systems1,8
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
- Ubuntu Linux
- FreeDOS 2.0
- Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3.1 GHz, up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4610M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (3 GHz, up to 3.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4340M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.9 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4210M with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Chipset Mobile Intel® QM87 Maximum Memory
- 32 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
- 32 GB maximum memory with quad-core processor. 16 GB maximum memory with dual-core processor.
Memory Slots 2 SODIMM (for dual-core processor) or 4 SODIMM (for quad-core processor) Internal storage2
- 500 GB up to 1 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
- 1 TB SATA (5400 rpm)
- 500 GB SATA SED (7200 rpm)
- 500 GB SATA FIPS 140-2 SED (5400 rpm)
- 128 GB up to 512 GB SATA SSD
- 256 GB SATA SE SSD
- 256 GB HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe SSD)
Optical storage9,10 Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL; DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Display 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit HD+SVA anti-glare (1600 x 900); 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit FHD WVA anti-glare (1920 x 1080); 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit FHD DreamColor UWVA IPS anti-glare (1920 x 1080) Available Graphics19
- Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Discrete: NVIDIA Quadro K5100M (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated); NVIDIA Quadro K4100M (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated); NVIDIA Quadro K3100M (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated); NVIDIA Quadro K2200M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5); NVIDIA Quadro K1100M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated); AMD FirePro 6100M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5)
Audio DTS Studio Sound HD audio (Windows operating systems only); Integrated stereo speakers; Integrated microphone (dual-microphone array when equipped with optional webcam); Button for volume mute, function keys for volume up and down; Combo microphone in/stereo headphone out jack Wireless Technologies11,12
- HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband; HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Qualcomm® Gobi™ 4G; HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Qualcomm® Gobi™ 4G; Intel Dual Band Wireless-NB 7260 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AN 7260 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo
Communications Integrated Intel I217-LM Gigabit Network Connection Expansion slots
- 1 ExpressCard/54; 1 SD; 1 smart card reader
- (SD supports next generation security digital and is backward compatible to SDHC, SDXC)
Ports and connectors5 3 USB 3.0 (1 charging); 1 USB 2.0; 1 Thunderbolt™ 2; 1 DisplayPort 1.2; 1 stereo microphone-in/headphone-out combo; 1 power connector; 1 RJ-45; 1 docking connector; 1 secondary battery connector; 1 VGA Input device Backlit keyboard with function key control (optional); HP Spill Resistant Keyboard; Touchpad with on/off button, two-way scroll, gestures, three pick buttons; Pointstick with three additional pointstick buttons; Image sensor touchpad Camera13 720p HD webcam (select models) Available Software6,7,14,15,16,17,18 HP Mobile Workstations are shipped with a variety of software titles including: HP Performance Advisor, HP Remote Graphics Software, HP Client Security, HP Drive Encryption (FIPS 140-2), Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Defender, CyberLink Power DVD BD, HP ePrint Driver, HP PageLift. Please refer to this product's quick spec document for a full list of preinstalled software. Security Management20 Integrated Smart Card Reader; HP Spare Key; One-Step Logon; Common Criteria EAL4+ Augmented Certified Discrete TPM 1.2 Embedded Security Chip; Security lock slot; Support for Intel AT; HP FingerPrint Sensor (optional); Computrace with GPS Tracking agent Power
- 200 W Slim Smart AC adapter (external); 230 W Slim Smart AC adapter (external) 8-cell, 83 WHr Li-ion; HP Long Life 8-cell, 75 WHr Li-ion
(w x d x h)
- 16.37 x 10.7 x 1.33 in
- 41.6 x 27.2 x 3.4 cm
- (Height measurement taken at front of notebook.)
- Starting 7.42 lb
- Starting at 3.36 kg
- (Weight varies by configuration and components)
Environmental21 Low halogen Energy Efficiency Compliance22 ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® registered configurations available Warranty 3-year limited parts, labor and onsite service (3/3/3) warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
Optimized workstation-class graphics and certified applications
Take advantage of the rich features of ISV Certified NVIDIA® Quadro and AMD FirePro™ professional graphics designed to work with the most applications on the HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation. Run the same demanding professional applications as a desktop workstation without dropping performance.
Professional grade graphics and unparalleled color confidence
Experience color consistency across your entire digital workflow with the optional HP DreamColor display4 available on the HP ZBook 17. And work virtually anywhere by accessing your workstation or server-based graphic-rich applications and collaborate remotely in real time from your HP ZBook or any PC, thin client or Windows® tablet with HP Remote Graphics Software.6
Optimize your HP ZBook 17 for peak performance with HP Performance Advisor7 by automatically configuring your system with the most current settings and drivers. Be confident that your ZBook can withstand the rigors of business with workstation ISV application certifications and 115,000 hours of testing through the HP Total Test Process. And take advantage of HP Sure Start to help ensure a proper boot-up thanks to corruption detection, a self-healing BIOS, and recovery that restarts where it left off if the update stalls, fails, or is corrupted.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting and additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk and Murtaza Ahmed.
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com .
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16GB (for Windows 7) and up to 30GB (for Windows 8.1) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see thunderbolttechnology.net/products .
- HP RGS requires a Windows or Linux operating system and Internet access.
- HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and Internet access.
- This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8.1 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
- Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
- With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
- 802.11 wireless is an optional add- on feature and requires wireless access point and Internet service is required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- 4G module is optional, must be configured at the factory and requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G not available on all products, in all regions.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- HP Client Security requires Windows.
- HP Drive Encryption requires Windows. Data is protected prior to Drive Encryption login. Turning the PC off or into hibernate logs out of Drive Encryption and prevents data access.
- Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsoft Defender require internet access.
- HP PageLift requires Windows 8.
- ePrint requires an Internet connection to a HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see http://www.hp.com/eprint .
- NVIDIA Optimus and AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics is enabled by default. If you choose to disable this functionality, Intel® integrated graphics will not be used.
- The Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
- EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.