Media versatility. Workflow flexibility.
Optimize your return-on-investment with a latex printer that delivers both indoor quality and outdoor durability. The HP Latex 850 Printer increases productivity with multiple workflow features and dual-roll, roll-to-free fall, and roll-to-collector capabilities. Water-based HP Latex Ink offers stunning results on a range of applications: double-sided banners, vehicle wraps, temporary textiles, and more.
(126 in) roll width
Roll-to-roll, roll-to-free-fall, dual-roll printing
(286 lb) roll weight
True production speeds
The HP Latex 850 Printer provides versatile and flexible high-quality latex printing at professional speeds, so you are ready to tackle any job that comes your way.
HP Latex 850 Printer specifications
- Print Speed
- 290 ft²/hr (Production Plus 10-pass bidirectional for highly-saturated fabrics and backlits), 484 ft²/hr (Production Plus 6-pass bidirectional for fabrics and backlits), 947 ft²/hr (Billboard 2-pass unidirectional for outdoor billboards), 1905 ft²/hr (Draft 1-pass unidirectional for drafts)
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print technology:
- HP Wide Scan Printing Technology
- Compatible ink types:
- HP Latex Inks
- Number of print cartridges:
- 6 (black, cyan, light cyan, light magenta, magenta, yellow)
- Print heads:
- 3 (cyan/black, magenta/yellow, light cyan/light magenta)
- Print head nozzles:
- Finished output handling:
- dual-roll capability
- ink collector for porous substrates
- guided double-sided process
- Media types:
- fabric (including flags without liner)
- Roll maximum input:
- Media width, maximum:
- 126 in (single roll); 2 x 60 in (dual roll)
- Roll maximum weight:
- 286 lb (single roll); 2 x 132 lb (dual roll)
- Roll external diameter:
- 9.84 in
- Media thickness:
- Up to 31.5 mil
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 226 x 65 x 65 in
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 231 x 68 x 85 in
- 2464 lb
- Acoustic pressure emissions:
- 68 dB(A)
- Acoustic pressure emissions (standby):
- 44 dB(A)
- Acoustic power emissions:
- 8.6 B(A)
- Acoustic power emissions (standby):
- 6.6 B(A)
- Power consumption
Three phase: 15 kW (max); single phase: 1 kW (max)
(Two separate supplies: three phase (3L+PE), single phase (for Japan only, bi-phase connection 200 V required))
- ENERGY STAR® qualified:
- Environmental certification:
- RoHS, WEEE, REACH
- What's in the box:
- HP Latex 850 Printer; printheads; 126-in spindles (x2); dual-roll spindles; HP Internal Print Server; HP webcam; USB cable; Ethernet cable; HP Scitex LX Printer Cleaning Kit; HP LX600 Scitex Maintenance Kit; maintenance & troubleshooting guide; ink collector kit; spare ink collector foams (x16); media edge holders (x4); documentation software; Original HP sample roll media; Media Loading tool; electrical configuration kit with fuses; Spindles supports (x2); pneumatic gun
- One-year limited hardware warranty
View applications gallery
Wallcoverings & canvas
Discover new profit potential in stunning, high margin wallcoverings.
Outdoor & event banners
Create unforgettable building covers and banners that stay crisp in outdoor conditions.
Grow your audience with durable vehicle wraps and fleet graphics that can be printed in no time.
Point of purchase posters
Create eye-catching promotional displays on all types of paper.
Deliver vibrant backlit applications that print fast and leave a lasting impression.
Expand your offerings with printed canvas, polyester, and natural fiber textiles.
Discover more about HP Latex printing
Print service providers everywhere are taking advantage of HP Latex technology to gain new capabilities, new flexibility, and reach new heights of creativity and success.Read their stories