- For Home
- For Work
Environmental, health, and
safety management system
HP's environmental, health, and safety (EHS) policy expresses our longstanding commitment to environmental management and employee safety. The policy states that our goal is to '...conduct our operations in an environmentally responsible manner, and create health and safety practices and work environments that enable HP employees to work injury-free'. To accomplish this, the policy specifies that we will:
- meet or exceed all applicable legal requirements;
- proactively reduce occupational injury and illness risks, and promote employee health and well-being (for more information, see Health and safety and Wellness)
- aggressively pursue pollution prevention, resource conservation and waste reduction in our operations;
- design and manufacture our products to be safe to use and to minimize their environmental impact;
- offer our customers environmentally responsible end-of-life management services for HP products; and
- require our suppliers to conduct their operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
HP's risk-based emergency preparedness and response programs are designed to protect people, property, the environment, and continuity of operations. These programs cover planning, prevention, response, and recovery. Response plans exist for chemical releases, evacuations, fires, natural disasters, security threats, and other emergencies. Response teams are trained and tested in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, spill response, and facility control operations, as appropriate to local working environments. Employees are trained on emergency response procedures and regularly participate in emergency evacuation and other drills.