- For Home
- For Work
- The Civic 50. HP was among the top U.S. community-minded companies named to this annual list that ranks S&P 500 companies based on their contributions to communities in which they do business. HP achieved top 50 status and was honored with first place in the Technology Industry and Measuring Impact awards categories. Surveys are conducted by The National Conference on Citizenship and Points of Light, and results are announced in partnership with Bloomberg News.
- Guia Exame de Sustentabilidade . HP was recognized as the one of the most sustainable companies in Brazil when it was named a winner in the Electronics segment. One of the most prestigious sustainability honors in Brazil, this award rewards companies that perform the best in sustainability categories such as strategy, economy, social, environmental, governance, and recycling.
- CDP Global 500 Climate Change Report. HP was named one of the top 12 companies in the CDP Global 500 Climate Change Report. HP received an “A” rating on the Climate Performance Leadership Index, which grades companies on their actual performance in implementing their climate strategies and reducing emissions. HP also scored 99 out of 100 points to make the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index, which identifies companies that are the most transparent in telling their climate stories.
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index . HP was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and was also included in the North American Index, which measures the sustainability efforts of companies based on a number of metrics.
- Ethical Corporation Responsible Business Award. HP received top honors in the Best Business/NGO Partnership category of these awards for its collaboration with the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). HP and CHAI have worked with the Ministry of Health and Strathmore University in Kenya to create a technology-based Early Infant Diagnosis solution that saves lives by achieving efficient HIV-positive infant diagnosis and reducing test result turnaround times.
- Points of Light. HP was awarded the 2013 Corporate Engagement Award of Excellence by Points of Light. The award recognizes outstanding employee volunteer programs that engage and inspire volunteers and improve communities.
- GBCHealth Business Action on Health Awards . HP’s Winning with Wellness employee program was named the winner of the award in the Workplace/Workforce Engagement: General category. HP was also commended for its cloud-enabled eHealth Center project in the Technology for Health category.
- Greenpeace Cool IT Leaderboard . HP tied for the fourth position on this year’s Cool IT Leaderboard, which recognizes organizations that are leading efforts to drive change in the energy sector. HP’s scores rose nine points over the previous year.
- CR Magazine . HP was named to CR Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens. The publication ranks companies based on several data categories: climate change, employee relations, environmental, financial, governance, human rights, and philanthropy.
- Mediacorp Canada . For the sixth year in a row, HP was recognized by Mediacorp Canada as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. This honor highlights those employers that lead Canada in creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organizations.
- World CSR Congress award. HP received the Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices award for its cloud-enabled eHealth Center launched in India. The same initiative also was named the winner of India’s National Awards in Excellence for Best Use of IT in Healthcare for business innovation.
- Connected World Forum. HP's hugely successful Early Infant Diagnosis project gained yet another honor as the winning submission in the category "Best mHealth Partnership" at the 2012 Connected World Forum Awards.
- Bloomberg Businessweek's "The Civic 50". HP ranked No. 28 on the list of S&P 500 companies in the first scientific evaluation of companies that best use their time, talent and resources to improve the quality of life in the communities where they do business, as surveyed by the National Conference on Citizenship and Points of Light.
- NEWSWEEK 2012 Green Rankings. For the third year in a row, HP ranked 2nd on Newsweek's listing of the top 500 U.S. companies, in recognition of our commitment to environmental sustainability. In addition, HP placed 22nd on the Global 500 list.
- Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics. HP earned a top spot on the 2012 Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, placing second on the list and ranking as the top U.S. company.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. EPA awarded HP a SmartWay Excellence Award for outstanding environmental performance and energy efficiency in our freight supply chain. HP was named a winner in the "Shipper" category in recognition of our efforts to reduce the environmental impact of our supply chain.
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine . HP was ranked one of the 10 Best Corporate Citizens in the IT sector.
- Carbon Disclosure Project . HP placed in the top 10 percent of companies on this year's Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index, which ranks companies on the transparency and progress they have made on their carbon emissions and climate change goals. HP scored 92 out of 100—which represents an eight point improvement over our 2011 score.
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index . HP was among the top ten percent of the companies named to the 2012 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and was also named to the North American Index, which measured a company's economic, environmental, and social performance.
- Interbrand. For the second consecutive year, HP ranked the highest among electronics companies and again placed fifth overall on the 50 Best Global Green Brands 2012 list from Interbrand, a leading brand consultancy.
- Computerworld. HP placed first in the prestigious Computerworld Honors Program, Health category, which honors those who use IT to benefit society. HP's successful Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) program uses technology to improve diagnosis and treatment of HIV-positive infants, which speeds up the delivery of test results from months to just days.
- Justmeans . HP won the Social Innovation 2012 Award for Most Strategic Use of Philanthropic Funds, recognizing its Early Infant Diagnosis program in Kenya.
- GBCHealth . HP won the GBCHealth 2012 Business Action for Partnership/Collective Action, recognizing the Disease Surveillance and Mapping project, a public-private partnership between HP, Positive Innovation for the Next Generation, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Mascom and the Botswana Ministry of Health (MoH). The project uses smartphones to collect data on malaria activity to streamline data collection and analysis to improve the quality of disease surveillance.
- FTSE4Good . For the ninth year in a row, HP has been named to this list compiled by FTSE Group that scores companies on their environmental, social, and governance programs.
- Economic Observer. China HP has been awarded the "The Most Respected Company in China—10 Years Contributions Award" by Peking University's Research Center of Management Case and The Economic Observer, China's leading business publication.
- Climate Counts Company Scorecard . HP has been ranked #1 in the electronics sector of the 2011 Climate Counts Company Scorecard, which scores the world's largest companies on their climate impact. HP was also placed in the new top-tier "striding" category, which highlights companies that are "striding towards a low-carbon future."
- Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics . HP has claimed the top spot in the Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, scoring 5.9 points out of a possible 10.
- Top Green-IT Vendors 2011 . HP was ranked #2 on Computerworld's 2011 list of the Top Green-IT Vendors, moving up four positions from its 2010 ranking.
- NEWSWEEK 2011 Green Rankings. HP was rated again among the top environmental leaders on the U.S. 500 and Global 500 Greenest Companies lists.
- Interbrand . HP has been named to the inaugural listing of the 50 Best Global Green Brands. HP ranked first among technology companies and placed fifth overall.
- Mediacorp Canada . HP was recognized by Mediacorp Canada as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for the fourth year in a row. In addition, HP Advanced Solutions, HP's subsidiary for services delivery, was also named to the list.
- GREENBEST 2011. The MFP HP F4480 printer was named the winner of a GREENBEST award in Brazil. The printer was chosen based on its environmentally sound design, use of recycled plastics in both the printer and HP cartridges, and its ENERGY STAR® certification.
- Greenpeace Green Electronics Survey. HP products were featured in five categories in the annual survey, including the HP Compaq 6005 Pro Ultra-slim Desktop PC, which ranked first in the desktop category.