- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- Enterprise Store login
- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- Enterprise Store login
HP Global Human Rights Policy
Respect for human rights is so directly related to integrity and performance that they are inextricably linked. Respecting human rights is a core value at HP and is embedded in the way we do business. Investing in ethical practices while delivering financial results is a responsibility HP takes seriously.
Human rights are the fundamental rights, freedoms and standards of treatment to which all people are entitled. HP upholds and respects human rights as reflected in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the UN Global Compact, and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, which further clarify government responsibility to protect human rights against third party abuses, business responsibility to respect human rights, and a joint responsibility to remedy if rights are not upheld.
This Policy focuses on the areas that have been identified as priorities for our industry and broadly defines how HP will respect human rights in our operations.
Through HP's commitment to leadership in integrating respect for human rights worldwide into our operations and value chain, HP will in practice:
- Comply with laws and regulations where HP does business and adopt and apply international standards where laws are less stringent
- Complete due diligence to avoid complicity in human rights violations
- Regularly assess human rights risks, policies, and impacts and provide visibility of the results to senior executives
- Provide access to independent grievance mechanisms immediately to raise concerns or identify adverse human rights impacts
- Promptly investigate allegations and pursue action to mitigate any adverse human rights impacts
- Promote continual improvement through capability building for our business partners, terminating relationships only as a last resort
- Advance our human rights practices through a journey of cumulative progress
- Report transparently on our efforts
HP has more than 70 policies that guide action in more specific areas. However HP's key policies are:
HP Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) sets non-negotiable global expectations for our behaviors, decisions, and actions and defines how we embed integrity, respect, and fairness into business operations. It represents the highest level of guidance for our employees. The SBC promotes respect for human rights through guidance on a wide range of subjects, including a safe and respectful working environment, anti-bribery requirements, privacy, responsible marketing, environmental stewardship, and community involvement.
As part of our implementation, HP supplements the SBC with the following more specific policies: HP Nondiscrimination Policy; HP Harassment-free Work Environment Policy; HP Best Work Environment Policy; and HP Open Door Policy.
Policies supplementing the SBC for Suppliers, Partners and Contingent Workers include:
- HP Supplier Code of Conduct (Electronic Industry Code of Conduct) establishes standards for HP and our supply chain to ensure that working conditions are safe, that workers are treated with respect and dignity, and that business operations are environmentally responsible and conducted ethically. The Code outlines standards for labor, including: freely chosen employment, child-labor prohibition, working hours limitations, humane treatment, appropriate wages and benefits, non-discrimination, and freedom of association.
The Code also outlines standards for health and safety, business ethics, and the environment. Finally, the Code outlines the elements of an acceptable system to manage conformity to its requirements and includes guidance for grievance mechanisms and corrective action. We respect employees' rights to organize in labor unions and engage in collective bargaining in accordance with local laws and established practice.
- HP Partner Code of Conduct requires Partners to maintain high standards of business ethics; become familiar with and comply with all laws that are relevant to their HP Partner status, including the extraterritorial laws of all countries that govern the conduct of HP, such as the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA") and similar anti-corruption laws in other countries; and stay abreast of all legal and regulatory changes that are relevant to their HP Partner status.
- Contingent Worker Code of Conduct ensures all suppliers, consultants, and contractors doing business with HP agree to deliver their services in a manner consistent with HP's code of ethics (Standards of Business Conduct).
HP Global Citizenship Policy reflects our long-standing commitment to making a positive contribution to the global community. We are guided by our company values of trust and respect for the individual and conducting our business with uncompromising integrity. Our Global Social Innovation partnerships develop solutions that strengthen the right to health and the right to education. We also engage globally with various stakeholder communities to address issues related to the responsibility of business to respect human rights, the environment, economic development, privacy, labor and other relevant human rights topics.
How to Report a concern
HP encourages anyone with a concern to speak up and report things that don't seem right. We provide multiple channels, making it easy to ask questions or report a concern.
- Contingent Worker Code of Conduct
- HP Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Policy
- HP Global Citizenship Policy
- HP Harassment-free Work Environment Policy
- HP Nondiscrimination Policy
- HP Open Door Policy.
- HP Standards of Business Conduct
- HP Supplier Code of Conduct (Electronic Industry Code of Conduct)
- HP Supply Chain Social and Environmental Responsibility Policy
- Partner Code of Conduct