Strengthening our communities and enabling
the sustainable development of society.
HP's General Specification for the Environment (GSE)
HP's General Specification for the Environment (GSE) defines HP's global product environmental requirements that include substances and materials restrictions; substance disclosures; packaging and labeling; product labeling, user documentation, declarations, registration, and product performance requirements.
Standards and specifications referenced in the GSE that are available on the HP Supplier Portal (registration required):
- HP Standard 011-01A GSE Substances and Materials Future Requirements
- HP Standard 011-01B GSE Substances and Materials Business-Specified Requirements (new in 2014)
- HP Standard 011-04 GSE Product Requirements
- HP Standard 011-05 GSE – Substance Disclosure Requirements
- HP Standard 014-02 Supplier Requirements for Safe and Legal Products
- HP Active Verification Materials Testing Specification
- 5951-1741-1, Plastic Part Marking Algorithm Standard
- EL-EN891-01, Japanese Material Content Declaration
- EL-EN891-02, Energy-using Products - Standby and Off Mode Energy Efficiency Test Report
- EL-EN891-03, Energy-using Products - Single Voltage External Power Supply Energy Efficiency Test
- EL-EN891-07, Mexico Energy Labeling Regulation Worksheet for Hewlett-Packard
- EL-MF877-00, Product End of Life Disassembly Instructions
- Label Artwork
Improving the environment performance of our customers, operations and supply chain
Acting with integrity and respect for human rights around the world
All figures contained on this page are reflective of Hewlett-Packard Company prior to the company’s November 1, 2015 separation. HP Inc. metrics will be introduced to the site on an on-going basis as they become available.
1. As of November 1, 2015.
2. Hourly rate based on type of volunteering: $150/hour for board, service corp, pro bono, and skills based; $23.07/hour for hands-on and undetermined, adjusted using World Bank data for purchasing power differences across countries.