As momentum leading up to VMworld 2013 in San Francisco, HP made several announcements to strengthen its offerings for virtualized environments:
- On August 12, HP announced a new client virtualization reference architecture to help healthcare providers improve the quality and efficiency of patient care while simplifying the deployment of a reliable, mobile IT infrastructure. HP Mobile Care Reference Architecture certified with VMware AlwaysOn Program provides greater infrastructure flexibility, application reliability and data security, and lowers costs.
- On August 13, HP announced enhancements to its Converged Storage portfolio, extending its software-defined storage leadership by increasing datacenter agility and capacity. New software also lowers costs and complexities of managing virtualized environments.
- On August 14, HP Autonomy announced the release of LiveVault 7.70, a new Hybrid-Cloud backup and recovery solution with integrated VMware vSphere support, which empowers organizations to manage and protect their distributed Big Data using a single, comprehensive solution.
- On August 19, HP announced its most powerful thin client solution, the HP t820 Flexible Series Thin Client, to help businesses thrive with the industry-leading performance, ultimate security, and versatility that many organizations require. HP also announced support for new graphic adapters for the HP WS460c Generation 8 (Gen8) Graphics Server Blade, enabling customers to reduce user costs and boost performance for remote virtualized environments.
- On August 26, HP announced a collaboration with VMware to deliver the industry’s first federated network virtualization solution, to provide customers unified automation of, and visibility into, their physical and virtual data center networks, enabling business agility and improving business continuity.