HP Introduces Multitouch Slate Tablet PC for Business
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced the HP Slate 2 Tablet PC with expanded touch capabilities, enhanced multitasking performance and embedded security, providing added flexibility to mobile business users.
The company also announced a new notebook PC targeting business, education and government customers.
The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC provides instant deployment for business and vertical markets such as education, healthcare, government and retail, where jobs frequently take users away from a traditional desk. With a full-featured Microsoft Windows®(1) environment, the 1.5 pound(2) HP Slate 2 Tablet PC provides professionals with the flexibility to create, edit and review content on one highly mobile and lightweight device.
“HP is dedicated to the tablet PC category and continues to listen to customers and improve the product in ways that best address their business needs,” said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. “The HP Slate includes the right mix of rich features, support for custom-built applications, and the security and connectivity needed for today’s highly mobile and rigorous day-to-day professional environment.”
The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC features an 8.9-inch diagonal capacitive multitouch display for touch and pen input plus includes a new Swype keyboard. The Swype applet enhances the touch experience with comfortable and efficient data entry via one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard.
The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC comes with an Intel® Atom Z670 processor with mSATA SSM technology to deliver faster boot times, improved battery life of up to six hours(3) and increased performance for business customers.(4)
“The Slate Tablet PC’s combination of an Intel Atom processor and flash memory deliver excellent performance,” said Dr. Rick LeMoine of Sharp HealthCare in San Diego. “I don’t know how they do it, but sometimes it seems to me that the Slate runs these applications faster than my desktop PC does.”
Additional hardware and software enhancements to the HP Slate 2 Tablet PC’s security and experience include:
- A TPM Embedded Security Chip protects data – from email to information on the hard drive.
- Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools provides user control and management of the TPM chip to increase secure user authentication, improved personal secure drive integrity, secure email and support protected digital certificate applications.
- BIOS support for Computrace Pro(5) helps protect against data theft by allowing customers to remotely delete data at the file, directory or operating system level and keep confidential information more secure.
- Through a single user interface, HP Connection Manager offers easy control over wireless connections, including Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth® and optional integrated 3G Mobile Broadband(6) for convenient internet and intranet access from more places around the world.
For remote workers, a front-facing VGA webcam enables videoconferencing, and a 3-megapixel camera on the back allows for still image and video capture. SRS Premium Sound provides optimized audio settings for voice and multimedia applications and an SD card slot allows for expanded storage and sharing capabilities. The HP Slate Dock provides device connection via two USB 2.0 ports and an HDMI port.
Flexible HP Slate solutions for business
The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC comes with optional additional accessories and business solutions including the HP Retail Mobile Point of Sale (POS) Case, which features an integrated magnetic stripe reader and barcode scanner for retailers. The case attaches to the HP Slate 2 and creates a secure portable POS solution that personalizes transactions, boosts productivity and sales, and integrates into existing application and hardware infrastructure. In addition, the HP Slate 2 helps retailers combine online and enterprise access to applications and services including task management workflows, inventory data and custom orders.
The optional HP Slate Bluetooth® Keyboard and Case accessory is a new sleek, stylish executive-class carrying solution that bundles the HP Slate 2, a rechargeable Bluetooth keyboard, HP Slate Digital Pen, and ID, business, or credit cards inside a single case.
Lightweight business notebooks
Designed for mobile professionals, the HP 3115m offers up to 11.5 hours(3) of battery life, flexible wireless capabilities,(7) an 11.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD(8) display, Beats Audio™ and a high-definition (HD)(8) webcam for collaboration with peers. The new AMD E450 dual-core(9) Fusion APU with AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics provides greater performance than a netbook without weighing professionals down.
Pricing and availability(10)
- The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC starts at $699 and is expected to be available worldwide later this month.
- The HP 3115m starts at $429 and is expected to be available Nov. 11 in the Americas only.
More information about the products, including product specifications and images, is available at www.hp.com/personal.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Compatible with 32 bit software and applications only.
(2) Weight will vary by configuration.
(3) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark: www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
(4) Comparison to HP Slate 500 Tablet PC.
(5) The Computrace Agent is shipped turned off and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging from one to five years. Service is limited, check with Absolute Software for service availability outside of North America. The Absolute Recovery Guarantee is a limited warranty. Certain conditions apply. Data Delete is an optional service provided by Absolute Software. If utilized, the Recovery Guarantee is null and void. In order to use the Data Delete service, customers must first sign a Pre-Authorization agreement and then purchase one or more RSA SecurID tokens from Absolute Software. Additional information is available at www.absolute.com.
(6) WWAN use requires a separately purchased wireless service contract. Check with local vendors for coverage area and availability. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(7) Internet access required and sold separately.
(8) HD content required to view HD images.
(9) Dual Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.