HP Helps Retailers Create Seamless Customer Experience
NEW YORK -- HP today unveiled new offerings designed to help retailers create an exciting, seamless customer experience across multiple store touch points.
HP is offering National Retail Federation convention attendees a firsthand look at the company’s wide range of retail-focused products and services, including point-of-sale (POS) and self-service solutions, digital signage, analytics software, managed print services and mobility solutions. These solutions are supported by more than a dozen partners that combine their solutions and expertise with HP technology.
The offerings are being showcased as part of HP’s Seamless Customer Experience demonstration in booth 431 at the convention. The demonstration is HP’s representation of an ideal store environment where every retail touch point – be it the point of sale, a digital display or a retail-ready tablet or kiosk – engages with the customer in a consistent and integrated way.
“Many retailers are working toward creating a much more interesting environment for shoppers with the goal of improving and differentiating the entire shopping experience,” said Ray Carlin, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions Global Business Unit, HP. “HP is becoming the provider of choice for retailers that want to implement this seamless customer experience with affordable, leading-edge technology backed by best-in-class software partners.”
HP at the National Retail Federation Convention and Expo
New offerings from HP include:
- The HP mobile POS solution based on the HP Slate 2 tablet running the Windows® operating environment, which combines a barcode scanner and magnetic stripe reader into a secure case to enable store associate applications such as sales and clienteling – better serving customers based on their past purchases.
- The HP CX (Customer Experience) family of self-checkout solutions and the expansion of the HP IX (Interactive Experience) family of kiosks. HP CX is a cost-effective, flexible, self-checkout solution available in small and full-size configurations. Industry-leading software from ECRS and Retalix power these offerings.
- The HP LD4730 and HP LD4730G 47-inch Micro Bezel Video Wall Displays. Both touch-enabled displays feature HP DreamColor and the LD4730G offers durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass, ideal for high traffic settings. The displays use an HP exclusive video input – simplified Video over Ethernet (VOE) – to manage and deploy network-attached digital signage.
- A touch-enabled interactive wall, built on HP VantagePoint technology, combines six HP LD4730G 47-inch Micro Bezel displays with a custom infrared-based touch overlay that provides 32 points of simultaneous touch to enable new, interactive and fully immersive digital signage experiences.
- The HP Presentation Barcode Scanner is a high-performance on-counter presentation scanner that can read most common 1-D and 2-D barcodes. The HP Linear Barcode Scanner is an entry-level linear scanner that is affordable and durable and can read normal and distressed 1-D barcodes. Both scanners can read barcodes presented on mobile devices.
Also highlighted at the show:
- HP’s full line of retail-hardened POS terminals, including the rp5800, rp3000 and the all-in-one ap5000, along with the full complement of HP peripherals.
Windows is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Corning and Gorilla are registered trademarks of Corning Incorporated.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.