HP Expands Thin and Light Collection with New Ultrabook Systems and Sleekbooks
SHANGHAI -- HP todayexpanded its award-winning notebook portfolio with thin and lightUltrabook™ systems and Sleekbooks packed with the latesttechnologies for both consumer and business demands.
New additions to the HPcollection include:
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT is an ultramobile premiumUltrabook that delivers an overall premium experience withextraordinary design and performance.
- Offering both style and substance, HP ENVY Sleekbooks and HPENVY Ultrabook systems provide the ultimate entertainmentexperience in 14-inch and 15.6-inch diagonal display options.
- The enterprise-ready HP EliteBook Folio 9470m was built fromthe ground up to be everything a business Ultrabook should be, withthe security, manageability and reliability features ITdemands.
“Building on the success ofthe HP Folio13 and HP ENVY14 Spectre, we arenow offering the most comprehensive Ultrabook portfolio in theindustry,” said James Mouton, senior vice president and generalmanager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. “Our expandedportfolio of HP Ultrabook systems and HP Sleekbooks for bothconsumers and businesses delivers uncompromised performance,quality and entertainment experiences within distinctivedesigns.”
“The Ultrabook is quickly becoming the must-have solution foranyone who wants performance, responsiveness and a secure computingexperience in a thin, elegant form factor,” said Kirk Skaugen, vicepresident and general manager, PC Client Group, Intel. “HP’simpressive line-up of consumer and business Ultrabooks deliveracross the board.”
The HP ENVY SpectreXT, HPENVY Sleekbooks , HP ENVY Ultrabook systems and the HPEliteBook Folio join the HP thin and light portfolio, which alsoincludes the recently introduced and award-winning HPFolio13 and HP ENVY14 Spectre.
The new HP ENVY notebooksalso boast exclusive HP Innovations for an enhanced userexperience:
- Beats Audio™—a high-performance technology developed by HP andBeats by Dr. Dre—delivers big sound in a small package, while HPCoolSense technology automatically adjusts performance and internalfan settings for a noticeably cooler PC.
- HP Imagepad provides precise multifinger touch and gesturenavigation, and the HP TrueVision HD Webcam produces bright, cleanhigh-definition (HD) images.(1)
- Optional backlit keyboards are ideal for computing in low-lightconditions.
Thinner design. Smarter than ever.
Built with a mix of premiummaterials, the HP ENVY SpectreXT boasts an all-metaldesign with stark lines that contrast with a soft texture. Craftedfor mobility, the HP SpectreXT measures 14.5 millimeters (mm) thin,weighs 3.07 pounds(2) and includes a 13.3-inchHD(1) diagonal display with a slim bezel line. It alsoincludes 128 gigabytes (GB) of solid state storage(3))and up to eight hours of battery life.(4)) A full arrayof ports, including Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and HDMI, providemore ways to network without compromising size.
The HP SpectreXT supplies the speed users need, with support of anultrafast mSATA solid state drive(3) and Intel® RapidStart Technology(5)) allowing for quick boot and resumetimes.
Powered by the latest Intel Core™ processors,(6) the HPSpectreXT also includes Intel Smart ConnectTechnology,(7) which automatically updates email whilethe notebook is in sleep mode.
The HP SpectreXT offers a performance-tuned softwareimage, full versions of Adobe Photoshop® Elements 10 and AdobePremiere Elements 10. A concierge phone line for technical supportis dedicated exclusively to HP ENVY Spectre users.
To safeguard confidential data and thwart cyber threats, the HPSpectreXT is preloaded with one year of Absolute DataProtect; two years of Norton Internet Security;(8) andIntel Identity Protection,(9) which provides advancedsecurity.
Designed for rich audio quality, the HP SpectreXTfeatures Beats Audio over quad speakers and via the headphonejack.
HP ENVY. Up for anything.
As thin as 19.8 mm and starting at less than 4pounds,(2) the new HP ENVY notebooks feature asoft-touch, slip-resistant base in black or red, making them easyto grab and go.
The HP ENVY Ultrabook, available in 14- and 15.6-inch diagonaldisplay sizes,(10) includes the latest Intel Coreprocessors(6) and offers up to eight or nine hours ofbattery life,(4) respectively. The Ultrabook systemsinclude an mSATA solid state drive(3) along with IntelRapid Start,(5) Intel Identity ProtectionTechnology,(9) Intel Smart Response(11) andIntel Smart Connect technologies.(7)
The HP ENVY Sleekbook—available with either a 14-inch diagonaldisplay and the latest Intel Core processors,(6) or a15.6-inch diagonal display and the latest AMD AcceleratedProcessing Units (APU)—boasts up to eight or nine hours of batterylife,(4) respectively. With optional discrete graphicson Intel platforms and discrete-class graphics from AMD on AMDplatforms, users can create and edit videos quickly and experienceincredible gaming and multimedia.
In addition to Beats Audio, the ENVY Sleekbooks and Ultrabooksystems contain dual speakers and a subwoofer for movies and musicthat look and sound their best. The HP Imagepad also includes aspun finish design.
The design users crave with features IT demands. Nocompromises.
The new HPEliteBook Folio 9470m is the first HP Ultrabook to provide astylish, lightweight design without compromising its enterprisefeatures. Measuring 14 inches diagonally and weighing 3.6pounds,(2) this 19-mm-thin Ultrabook offers a full arrayof key ports and connectivity options for business users, includingoptional built-in 4G wireless WAN, full-sized Ethernet, VGA,DisplayPort and USB 3.0 connections.
Ideal for mobile professionals who spend a majority of time awayfrom a desk, the HP EliteBook Folio offers all-day battery life toget you through the business day(4) and the option for asecondary battery that provides extended freedom from the poweroutlet. It also features a user-replaceable battery. Theenterprise-class docking capability provides multidisplay support,integrated charging capability, and additional USB and legacy portsfor enhanced productivity when used at the desk.
The HP EliteBook Folio delivers a cleaner, faster user experiencewith the HP Premier Image.(12) This includes the fullset of HP EliteBook business software and antivirusprotection—without trial-ware or disruptive notifications.
It also offers enterprise-class manageability and multilevelsecurity features, including HP Bios Protection,(13)which keeps systems running with enhanced protection against virusattacks and other threats.
The HP EliteBook Folio features an optional solid statedrive(3) the Windows 7 Professional(4)operating system that enable quick boot up. The Ultrabook’sthird-generation Intel Core vPro™ processor(14) alsodelivers intelligent performance with embedded security.AdditionalIT-friendly features include an integrated Smart Card reader,fingerprint reader, embedded TPM security chip and choice ofmanagement tools.
The HP EliteBook Folio is part of the HP Global Series Program,which means it’s available in consistent global configurations thatallow for product standardization in up to 151 countriesworldwide.
The sleek HP SpectreXT and HP ENVY Ultrabook alsodeliver configurations equipped with Windows 7 Professional forbusiness productivity, providing an answer to the “consumerizationof IT” trend. The HP SpectreXT additionally offers anembedded TPM security chip that protects data in email as well asinformation on the solid state drive for security-conscious users.Both Ultrabook systems, including the small business-focused HPENVY Pro, also feature a-band wireless capabilities and optionalthree-year limited warranties.
To help ensure a safe and reliable computing experience forcustomers, all HP Ultrabook systems worldwide will ship withgenuine Windows.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT is expected to be available in the UnitedStates on June 8 with a starting price of $999.99.
- The HP ENVY Ultrabook systems with 14-inch and 15.6-inchdisplay sizes are expected to be available in the United States onMay 9 with starting prices of $749.99 and $799.99,respectively.
- The HP ENVY Sleekbook with 14-inch display size is expected tobe available in the United States on May 9 with a starting price of$699.99. The HP 15.6-inch Sleekbook is expected to be available inthe United States on June 20 with a starting price of$599.99.
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is expected to be available in theUnited States in October.
(1)HD contentrequired to view HD images.
(2) Weight will vary by configuration.
(3) For SSD drive, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Actualformatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reservedfor system-recovery software.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the productmodel, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wirelessfunctionality and power-management settings. The maximum capacityof the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.Additional details are available at MobileMark07 batterybenchmark.
(5) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intelsoftware and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) ormSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration,results may vary.
(6) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance ofcertain software products. Not all customers or softwareapplications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer systemwith a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers,and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors willnot operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending onhardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not ameasurement of higher performance.
(7) Requires Intel Core processor. Wireless accesspoint and internet are required and not included. Availability ofpublic wireless access points limited.
(8) Internet access required. Subscription required forlive updates.
(9) Intel IPT security requires a separately purchasedSymantec VIP software service subscription and must be activatedand configured. Requires a website that uses Symantec VIPAuthentication Service. Requires Microsoft® Windows® and a systemwith vPro or any Ultrabook. Intel and HP assume no liability forlost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resultingtherefrom.
(10) The commercial HP ENVY Ultrabook offers only14-inch diagonal form factor.
(11) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor,enabled chipset, Intel Rapid Storage technology software and aproperly configured hybrid drive (non-SED HDD + optional mSATA SSDflash cache). Intel Smart Response Technology is only available onselect 2012 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, resultsmay vary.
(12) Internet access required. Use of the HP imagerequired. Opt in required to receive updates from MicrosoftSecurity Essentials.
(13) Requires an HP Tools partition; must not bedeleted to use automatic recovery.
(14) Some functionality of this technology, such asIntel Active management technology and Intel Virtualizationtechnology, requires additional third-party software in order torun. Availability of future “virtual appliances” applications forIntel vPro technology is dependent on third-party softwareproviders. Microsoft Windows required.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices mayvary. Intel, Intel Core, and Ultrabook are trademarks of IntelCorporation in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe and Photoshopare trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. AMD is a trademark ofAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S.registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.