HP Expands All-in-One PC Portfolio, Offering Businesses and Consumers Performance, Reliability and Security
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today expanded its all-in-one desktop PC portfolio with business and consumer designs that deliver multimedia-rich performance, trusted reliability and enhanced security in a small footprint.
The new all-in-ones are designed as cost-, space- and energy-efficient alternatives to a traditional desktop and monitor combination for consumers and businesses, including government, healthcare, education and retail customers. The new lineup also includes touch-enabled solutions for businesses, building on 30 years of touch-technology innovation for convenient and intuitive computing.
“Customers have been asking for all-in-one PC designs that do not compromise on performance, reliability or security,” said Emilio Ghilardi, vice president, PC Division, Americas, HP. “With these sleek, elegant designs and powerful options, HP continues to innovate to meet the needs of a growing marketplace.”
Products announced today are:
- HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One, HP’s highest-quality all-in-one business PC, featuring security and management features with optional touch capability
- HP Compaq Pro 6300 All-in-One, offering the optimal combination of productivity, performance and serviceability needed to satisfy most everyday business and public sector computing requirements
- HP ENVY 23 All-in-One, an ideal PC for consumers who demand a sleek design and enhanced performance
- HP Pavilion 23 All-in-One, offering essential features and processing power for everyday computing tasks
“All-in-one PCs are expected to grow in popularity, accounting for 27 percent(1) of worldwide desktop PC sales by 2016,” said Danielle Levitas, group vice president, IDC. “In a recent commercial PC buyer study in the United States, IDC found that the purchase intent for all-in-ones was up across the range of small to large businesses. This trend puts vendors with a broad offering of all-in-one products and options—like HP—in a very good position to meet that growing commercial demand.”
Smart designs for accelerated business efficiency
The HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One Business PC, HP’s most powerful and multimedia-rich all-in-one PC, provides demanding enterprise users with proven performance and the option for intuitive touch experiences. An attractive, space-efficient solution ideal for customer-facing work areas, kiosks and more, the PC features a 23-inch diagonal, full high-definition (HD)(2) display with an optional built-in 2-megapixel (MP) webcam and dual microphone array. SRS Premium Sound PRO™ also comes standard for high-frequency definition in a variety of listening environments.
Powered by third- and second-generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors(3,4) that provide outstanding performance, the HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One offers Intel HD Graphics or a choice of discrete graphics to enhance imagery and multimedia capabilities. Intel Smart Response Technology disk cache solution(5) also delivers a level of performance normally associated with solid state drives, while retaining the data-storage capacity of today’s large hard disk drives.
With its added touch functionality, the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Touch All-in-One employs multitouch, optical technology for interactive healthcare, retail and other applications. The multitouch technology recognizes simultaneous input from two fingers to enable the use of gestures, and the onboard suite of HP touch-enabled software provides interaction with files, media and productivity applications.
The HP Compaq Elite 8300 Touch All-in-One provides a solution for healthcare patients to conveniently enter personal data and for students to stay engaged. Both of the space-saving HP Compaq Elite 8300 models also feature VESA-compatible mounting,(6) which allows retail business to save valuable floor space and lets manufacturing facilities deploy systems in easily accessible areas without cluttering work space.
The HP Compaq Pro 6300 All-in-One Business PC is a mainstream business-class all-in-one designed for reliable and consistent computing. The non-touch PC sports third- and second-generation Intel Core processors(3) with optional discrete graphics for solid performance and simple manageability for growing business environments, including government organizations. It offers a 21.5-inch diagonal, full HD,(2) LED-backlit display, internal stereo speakers and optional 2MP webcam.
The new business all-in-ones include multilayered client security features that safeguard data, devices and user identities. Simple, centralized deployment through HP ProtectTools(7) delivers defense features, such as hard-drive encryption, HP Face Recognition, HP Disk Sanitizer and HP File Sanitizer.(8) HP BIOS Protection(9) offers hardware-level defense against virus attacks and other security threats.
Each of the announced desktops is preinstalled with Microsoft® Windows®. Microsoft also recognized HP as the 2012 Communications Market Acceleration Partner of the Year, in celebration of the company’s advanced sales and deployment of Microsoft Lync, which provides instant access to applications for collaboration.(10)
The business desktops also offer a choice of available tools with HP Client Management and include the new HP Premier Image,(11) which features a full suite of business software and antivirus protection, while eliminating trial-ware and other distractions. Globally consistent SKUs further simplify enterprise deployment and management, while a multitiered testing process of more than 115,000 hours helps ensure a lasting investment.
Stylish, affordable all-in-one PCs for every consumer
The HP ENVY 23 and HP Pavilion 23 All-in-One PCs combine elegant design with robust performance. Both offer full 1080p HD(2) 23-inch diagonal displays, multicore processors, advanced graphics and up to 2 terabytes (TB) of storage to accommodate the demands of any user.
The HP ENVY 23 All-in-One PC offers an elegant, free-standing display with edge-to-edge glass that can be wall-mounted.(6) Engineered for an enriched entertainment experience, the HP ENVY 23 comes standard with Beats Audio™ and offers optional HDMI-in port, Blu-ray disc drive and TV tuner.(12, 13)
The HP Pavilion 23 All-in-One PC features a slim and elegant easel design and provides a choice of Intel or AMD processors that deliver exceptional performance at an affordable price.
Both PCs offer wireless capabilities and exclusive features such as the HP TrueVision HD Webcam, HP Magic Canvas and HP LinkUp for the latest in connected entertainment and convenience. HP Magic Canvas software enables users to expand the desktop horizontally to accommodate photos, videos and applications. Microsoft Windows desktop shortcuts, task bar and start menu can all be accessed through the HP Magic Canvas, so users can use entertainment and work applications in the same place.
Pricing and availability(14)
- The HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One Business PC starts at $879 and is expected to be available on Sept. 10. The HP Compaq Elite 8300 Touch All-in-One starts at $929 and is expected to be available on Sept. 10.
- The HP Compaq Pro 6300 All-in-One Business PC starts at $799 and is expected to be available on Sept. 3.
- The HP ENVY 23 All-in-One starts at $949.99 and is expected to be available at HP Home & Home Office on Aug. 2 and select retailers nationwide on Aug. 5.
- The HP Pavilion 23 All-in-One starts at $649.99 and is expected to be available at HP Home & Home Office on Aug. 2 and select retailers nationwide on Aug. 5.
(1) “IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker 2012 Q1 – Sub Form Factor Forecast,” IDC, June 2012.
(2) HD content required for HD playback.
(3) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(4) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(5) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel Rapid Storage technology software and non-SED HDD + optional mSATA SSD flash cache module. Intel Smart Response Technology is only available on select 2012 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(6) Mounting hardware sold separately.
(7) HP ProtectTools requires Microsoft Windows.
(8) HP File Sanitizer and HP Disk Sanitizer are suitable for the use cases outlined in the DOD 5220.22-M Supplement. Does not support Solid State Drives. Requires Disk Sanitizer, External Edition for Business Desktops from hp.com. Initial setup required. Web history deleted only in Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers and must be user-enabled.
(9) Requires an HP Tools partition for automatic recovery.
(10) Microsoft Lync software is sold separately. Requires optional webcam and internet access.
(11) Use of the HP image required. Internet access required. HP ProtectTools, HP Connection Manager and HP Power Assistant also deliver the optimal tools for productivity across HP’s entire business notebook and desktop lineup.
(12) As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and the display may require HDCP support. This Blu-ray drive does not support writing to ultrahigh-speed CDRW media (16X to 32X advertised performance). HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this PC.
(13) Availability of signals limited by the strength and accessibility of the originating TV signal, location and other factors. Performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product.
(14) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.