HP Introduces Intelligent Security Solutions to Drive Innovation, Reduce Risk
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced additions to its security solutions portfolio that enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimize and manage their security environments to proactively protect what matters.
Cloud, mobility and big data initiatives are helping organizations solve pressing challenges, while driving accelerated innovation, enhanced agility and improved financial management. However, these initiatives also can introduce big security concerns.
According to new research conducted on behalf of HP, concerns around understanding security requirements for cloud services as well as how to secure and consume big data are top of mind for nearly two-thirds of business and technology executives. Half of those surveyed are concerned about mobile data loss or theft. In addition, more than half of respondents admitted that their organizations spend more time and money on reactive measures than on proactive risk management.(1)
A reactive, perimeter-based approach to security is no longer sufficient. Enterprises need proactive, intelligent security solutions that span traditional and hybrid delivery models, and address the challenges brought on by these new shifts in IT.
“Cybersecurity threats are growing exponentially, and without a proactive information risk management strategy, enterprise growth, innovation and efficiencies are hindered,” said George Kadifa, executive vice president, Software, HP.
“HP helps clients protect what matters most to their organizations by delivering intelligent security solutions that prioritize security resources to help identify threats earlier and enable a faster response time,” said Mike Nefkens, acting executive vice president, Enterprise Services, HP.
Intelligent security for the public sector
For public sector organizations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organizations worldwide. New additions to this portfolio include:
- New features added to HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers simplified identity, credential and access management. It enables tighter controls against insider threats, robust identity proofing and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organizations.
- Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development life cycle.
- HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services, designed for public sector clients outside the United States, enable clients to establish an on-site intelligent cybersecurity operations center. Clients also can acquire HP Services to assist in managing the center. This service complements HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations center service.
Proactively manage risk with intelligent security solutions
HP also unveiled new products and services to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organization. New offerings include:
- HP Data Center Protection Services evaluate organizations’ existing security practices and provide actionable recommendations to help them optimize infrastructure and improve program management across the data center.
- HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c is a powerful, scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats faster than ever before. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organization’s infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organizations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that utilizes data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats. HP Information Security Pulse, available at no additional cost, enables security professionals to rapidly determine and address risks that may affect their environment. The application is currently available for webOS, Apple iOS ®, Android™ and web browser platforms.
Protecting against printer-based intrusions
HP’s intelligent security solutions also extend to print environments. Offerings include:
- HP Access Control (HP AC) Printing Solutions, expanded for the healthcare industry, enhance device security and improve companywide printing policies with secure authentication, secure pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting.
- HP Imaging and Printing Security Assessment reviews the print environment from a security and compliance perspective, minimizing the risks of unattended documents, sensitive data processing from a computer to a printer, and confidential information on device hard drives.
- Enhanced HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC), a policy-based solution, increases security automation while reducing risk through broader device and operating-system compatibility, expanded HP Instant-on Security device support and powerful password management capabilities.
HP also announced an industry first by surpassing 2.5 billion lines of code under subscription as part of its HP Fortify on Demand (FoD) application security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. HP Fortify leads the industry with the capability to harden the attack surface of applications with both static and dynamic application testing for 21 languages, more than any other vendor. In addition, for mobile computing security, HP Fortify offers SaaS testing services for both the iOS and Android operating systems.
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/EnterpriseSecurity2012.
HP’s premier Europe, Middle East and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
(1) “HP Research: Security and Risk Management,” Coleman Parkes Research, Ltd., July 2012.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2012 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.