HP Helps Businesses Maximize Productivity with Powerful New AMD-based PCs
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today added four new business desktop and notebook PCs powered by the latest AMD processors to its industry-leading computing portfolio.
AMD’s new A-series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) deliver a significant leap in PC graphics performance,(1) offer exceptional manageability and provide an affordable total cost of ownership.
“Our customers stress the importance of varied computing options that fit their diverse workforce needs—from choices in processors and graphics solutions to a wide selection of PC form factors,” said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Client Segment, HP. “Today’s introduction of HP PCs, the first to bring the latest AMD processors to the business computing market, continues our decade-long tradition of collaborating with AMD to deliver computing solutions that balance performance and value for maximum investment protection.”
The new desktop and notebook PCs equipped with AMD APUs are:
- HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC, offering enterprise-grade security and manageability with affordable life cycle planning and a business-class warranty in either microtower or small-form-factor chassis options
- HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs, ideal for small and medium businesses that need a sleek, yet durable, notebook with advanced multimedia support, easy-to-use security and 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal display sizes
Budget-friendly, long-lasting business performance
The HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC provides outstanding performance and value to maximize productivity for businesses and governments of all sizes with long, predictable life cycles of up to 15 months. The improved x86 architecture enables speedy and efficient computing, such as smoother internet browsing and accelerated file conversion rates.
Powered by AMD’s latest APU A10, A8, A6 and A4 processors, the HP Compaq Pro 6305 delivers up to 21 percent better performance than previous generations, including significant graphics improvement for intensive business applications.(1) AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology automatically boosts system performance when running multiple applications, and the HP Compaq Pro 6305 offers an AMD Accelerated File Converter that enables more efficient web browsing for smooth webcast videos, trainings and videoconferencing.(2)
The HP Compaq Pro 6305 desktop PC also helps keep businesses protected at every level with HP Client Security, including HP BIOS Protection with enhanced defense against virus attacks and other threats, and offers out-of-band manageability, embedded trusted platform module (TPM), HP ProtectTools,(3) self-encrypting hard drives and more. A choice of HP Client Management solutions, including LANDesk Manageability, helps simplify system deployment and maintenance. For larger enterprises, available HP Custom Integration Services can prepare desktop PCs with an image and other configurations specific to a company to further ease the deployment process.
The HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs are equipped with all-new 2012 AMD A-Series accelerated processors and VISION Pro Technology to provide the right performance to tackle intensive work assignments. AMD Enduro Technology—formerly known as AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics—uses discrete graphics to create brilliant visuals when plugged in and allows the PC to automatically switch to battery-saving mode by powering down the discrete GPU when unplugged, all while still delivering great performance on every day business applications.(4) These HP ProBook s-series notebook PCs also provide the option of AMD Radeon Dual Graphics for high-end 3-D rendering processing performance.
Pricing and availabilityPricing and availability(5)
- The HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC starts at $539 and is expected to be available worldwide on Oct. 8 with Windows 7. Windows 8 configurations will be available at a later date.
- The HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs start at $499. The HP ProBook 4545s is currently available worldwide. The HP ProBook 4445s and 4446s will be available only in the Asia-Pacific and Japan regions.
(1) Based on the SYSMark 2007 test comparing the AMD A-series processor (A10-5800B) performance to the B99 processor on the predecessor HP 6005 Pro.
(2) Internet service required and not included.
(3) Requires Microsoft® Windows®.
(4) AMD Enduro™ technology requires either an AMD “A” series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics configuration – and is available on Windows® 7 Professional, Windows® 7 Ultimate, Windows® 7 Home Premium, and/or Windows® 7 Home Basic OS, Windows® 8 Standard and Professional editions. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to switch between graphics solutions. With AMD Enduro™ technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g. OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be). Always check with your system manufacturer for specific mode capabilities and supported technologies.
(5) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.