HP Gives SMBs Increased Mobility and Performance with New PC and Print Solutions
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced new products, technology and tools designed to help small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) improve productivity and increase their connectivity.
When it comes to IT purchasing decisions, many SMBs struggle to meet all of their needs in balancing performance, quality and design. HP understands this and is helping SMBs achieve this balance with high-performance notebook PCs that offer cutting-edge design and features, and reliable print solutions that are easily integrated into business environments. Furthermore, HP’s offerings are designed to meet the budgets of SMBs while providing an increased focus on productivity and manageability.
HP’s new SMB offerings include:
- HP ProBook 400 Series business notebooks deliver sleek design, great battery life,(1) solid durability and essential security features to meet everyday work demands.
- HP 200 Series business notebooks deliver essential multimedia tools and connectivity for home and office.(2)
- HP Scanjet Sheet-feed Scanner and HP LaserJet and HP Officejet printers help businesses proactively manage their printing and imaging ecosystems to save time and money.
“Our SMB customers often play multiple roles within their organization—from managers to accounting to IT—and they require flexible, high-performance tools to complete their varied business tasks,” said Chris Ogburn, director, Americas Small and Medium-sized Business and Channel Marketing, HP. “HP is focused on providing user-friendly technologies that improve performance and empower our customers, tearing down productivity barriers with ultra mobile and powerful solutions.”
HP ProBook 400 Series: Proven quality and durability meets stylish design
The HP ProBook 400 Series notebook PCs are a complete portfolio of five reliable SMB notebooks designed for cost-conscious customers who want to work smarter without compromising design. Offered in 17.3-, 15.6-, 14- and 13.3-inch flat-panel screen sizes, and featuring a range of powerful processors from Intel and AMD, the new HP ProBook 400 series is up to 36 percent thinner and 18 percent lighter than previous-generation notebooks. It also features a stylish Meteorite Grey casing with aluminum accents that aligns with HP’s new design DNA to create a unified identity, brand alignment and common user experience across HP PC and printing solutions.
The HP ProBook 400 series notebooks will positively impact SMBs with quick, long-lasting productivity through a new hybrid hard drive option that offers the responsiveness of an SSD(3) with the capacity of a traditional hard drive, connectivity options that include 4G WWAN(4,5) and the peace of mind of HP Client Security. Additionally, the notebooks are Skype-ready and feature rich DTS Sound+ for premium-quality audio and video conferencing.(6,7)
HP 200 Series: Essential mobility, fully loaded and value priced for SMBs
Tailored for SMBs, the HP 200 Series business notebook PCs are offered in 15.6- and 14-inch screen sizes and with a range of wireless capabilities(2) and powerful processors from Intel and AMD. They feature a user-friendly design for easy content creation and consumption at work or home, while a durable casing and HP 3D DriveGuard(8) help protect the notebooks regardless of location.
From trainings to sales presentations, the HP 200 Series delivers high-quality multimedia right out of the box with preinstalled software and features. Users can connect to larger HD(9) displays through the HDMI port,(10) while the Altec Lansing speaker provides an extraordinary listening experience.
HP printing and imaging solutions to increase productivity and reduce costs
HP’s new printing and imaging solutions combine efficiency and easy manageability with value to help business customers produce, store and access high-quality content quickly.
The new additions include:
- HP LaserJet Pro multifunction printer (MFP) M521 series offers fast and reliable printing and imaging capabilities to help businesses nimbly meet customer and market demands. In addition, customers can easily print while on the go to these MFPs from their smartphone or tablet via HP ePrint,(11) AirPrint(12) and DirectPrint.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M725, a new enterprise-class device, offers safeguarded, large-volume printing and imaging capabilities at a low acquisition price.
- HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2 Sheet-feed Scanner offers a small footprint and scan-to-cloud support for applications like HP Flow CM Professional.(13)
- HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP provide professional printing for up to 50 percent lower cost per page than laser printers(14) and can be easily integrated into existing IT infrastructures through enhanced manageability and workflow solutions.
- HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One helps business customers cost-effectively bring these print shop jobs in-house.
The HP ProBook 400 series and HP 200 series business notebooks are expected to be available in the United States this month. Pricing for the HP ProBook 400 series starts at $499. Pricing for the HP 200 starts at $249.
The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521 series, HP LaserJet Enterprise M725 and HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2 Sheet-feed Scanner are available now worldwide.
The HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP are available now in the United States. The HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One is expected to be available beginning in July.
(1) Varies by use; up to eight hours of battery life.
(2) Wireless access point and internet service is required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(3) The 500GB capacity Hybrid HDD will be on the HP ProBook 440, 450 and 470, while only an SSD is available on the HP ProBook 430.
(4) WWAN requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in area. 4G available in the United States only.
(5) Optional features sold separately or as add-on features.
(6) Internet access required.
(7) Optional webcam required.
(8) Requires Microsoft® Windows®.
(9) HD content required to view HD images.
(10) The HDMI cable is sold separately.
(11) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require firmware upgrades.
(12) Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP’s AirPrint-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point.
(13) The HP Flow CM mobile features may require an app or software to enable functionality, available for download at www.hpflowcm.com. Mobile devices require internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and Connection speeds may vary.
(14) Cost per page (CPP) claim is based on the majority of color laser MFPs <$1,000 USD MSRP and color laser printers <$800 USD MSRP as of March 2012, ISO yield based on continuous printing in default mode based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q1 2012. CPP comparisons for laser supplies are based on published specifications of the manufacturers’ highest capacity cartridges. CPP based on HP 970XL/971XL ink cartridges estimated street price. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(15) Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. AirPrint, the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com