HP Powers Productivity with Next-generation Personal Systems, Printing for the Enterprise
LAS VEGAS -- HP today announced an expanded portfolio of printing and personal systems products and solutions designed to help organizations save time and resources.
The new offerings integrate seamlessly into existing enterprise environments and advance the speed of the organization by increasing efficiency in creating, accessing and consuming content.
New HP Pro and HP Elite series desktop PCs, including space-saving commercial all-in-ones (AiOs) with rich multimedia and optional touch screens, act as the hub of enterprise productivity. Additionally, cloud-based printing solutions and a mobile point-of-sale solution based on the HP ElitePad, HP’s first tablet built for business, aid growth and efficiency.
“Organizations need every advantage they can get to stay competitive and continue growing and thriving,” said Todd Bradley, executive vice president, Printing and Personal Systems, HP. “By delivering technology that enables efficiency, productivity and, ultimately, cost savings, HP helps customers move to a more modern solution that addresses the changing demands of an active enterprise landscape.”
Traditional PC and print industries have to evolve as customers’ habits, business situations and lifestyles change. HP is leading the era of connections and experiences with a portfolio that reflects the evolution of how customers engage with technology, delivering mobile capabilities, touchscreen access and cloud-powered solutions.
Mobility and functionality
Enterprise customers need technology that can deliver the power of mobility while seamlessly integrating into their existing systems. New HP innovations include:
- HP Retail Jacket for ElitePad allows businesses to meet customer needs anywhere in the store with mobile point of sale and assisted selling capabilities. The new mobile solution, based on the HP ElitePad, integrates into retailers’ existing IT infrastructure, allowing them to connect to existing store systems and improve customer service.
- HP ePrint Enterprise 2.2(1) now includes integration with mobile device management (MDM) solutions from Good Technology™, a partner with more than 3,800 customers globally. The HP ePrint Enterprise for Good iOS app gives mobile users the ability to securely print from Good applications while allowing enterprise IT administrators flexible control of security policies for a variety of mobile configurations.
Effectiveness powered by the cloud
In today’s always-on digital world, organizations require greater control and real-time infrastructure access. The cloud offers new delivery models to help organizations improve marketing effectiveness, build business efficiency and expand client portfolios. HP cloud innovations include:
- HP Relate simplifies the creation of compelling, highly personalized documents from anywhere within the Salesforce environment. Available on the Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s leading business apps marketplace, HP Relate allows anyone using Salesforce to spend less time creating documents and more time engaging with current and potential customers.
- HP Flow CM Professional(2) enhancements give customers of the cloud-based, content management solution additional security and flexibility with encryption at rest and support for the Android platform. The new encryption-at-rest feature helps to ensure that sensitive business content remains secure and encrypted when access controls such as user names and passwords fail.
HP products, solutions and services enable efficient productivity for a variety of organizations, from retail storefronts to behind-the-scenes enterprise management, and specific business and government verticals.
- HP Pro and HP Elite series desktop PCs pack high-powered computing functions into a range of compact form factors that fit easily into any office environment, while offering the highest levels of security.
- HP Pro and HP Elite series AiO PCs offer additional options for office productivity, including available touchscreen capabilities and integrated near-field communications (NFC) for quick and convenient file sharing, enabling easy access to computing power in almost any spot in the office.
- Mixed Asset Recovery Services from HP Financial Services (HPFS) help qualified customers upgrading to the latest HP desktop, laptop or tablet simplify the management of replaced equipment through a single return process for both owned and HPFS leased assets.
- Microsoft will retire Windows® XP in April 2014, ending support for the longstanding operating system. HP is helping enterprises modernize their technology while increasing employee productivity and minimizing downtime by offering new AiO and desktop PCs preloaded with a choice of either Microsoft® Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows 8. HP also offers comprehensive and cost-effective migration services for enterprise and small and mid-size business (SMB) customers.
Commitment to the channel
In addition to empowering a broad range of organizations to take their business to the next level, HP also is extending its commitment to the channel with new offerings that allow channel partners to better serve their customers and deliver on their business objectives.
The HP Managed Print Specialist Resell program gives partners access to HP’s cloud-based network tools and infrastructure to manage the selling process and retain direct contract ownership with the end customer. This new HP program offers additional sales options and tools to partners who are more invested in a Managed Print Services (MPS) business and sales force without requiring them to make a substantial investment in infrastructure.
HP complements its products with solutions, services and resources to help customers take full advantage of their HP devices. In addition to extensive phone and online support offerings, HP Care Pack Services offer support packages that expand and extend standard warranties for HP hardware and software, installation services, and premium support options to meet the needs of business-critical IT environments.
HP also announced that later this summer, it will roll out a new support service for enterprise IT customers worldwide. HP Priority Services offer a suite of premium, enterprise-class PC support services to optimize help desk and IT resource performance, so organizations can get back to business faster. HP Priority Services will be available in August.
Additional information about these offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/HPDiscover2013.
(1) HP ePrint Enterprise requires HP ePrint Enterprise server software. App-based option requires internet- and email-capable BlackBerry smartphone OS 4.5 or newer; iPhone® 3G or newer, iPad® and iPod Touch® (2nd generation) devices running iOS 4.2 or later; or Android® devices running version 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, with separately purchased wireless internet service and the HP ePrint Enterprise app. Email-based option requires any email-capable device and authorized email address. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, and PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP). HP ePrint Enterprise for Good app requires internet- and email-capable iPhone® 3G or newer, iPad® and iPod Touch® (2nd generation) devices running iOS 4.2 or later. HP ePrint Enterprise integration with Good Technology requires license of Good for Enterprise and Good Dynamics.
(2) HP Flow CM Professional is available in United States only and through select HP partners.
GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY is a trademark of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com