HP Delivers Dynamic Holiday Portfolio with Industry-first Innovations
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today unveiled a suite of stylish consumer PCs, tablets and services including the world’s first notebook PC with integrated Leap Motion™ technology, the first fanless 2-in-1 detachable Ultrabook PC based on the 4th generation Intel®Core™ processor, and new services and solutions designed to help customers better manage their personal information.
Today’s announcement illustrates how HP is reinventing the consumer PC category in time for the holidays, offering four industry-first innovations, next-generation form factors, choice of operating systems, and new services and software that ease the customer experience.
“Our customers need solutions that work and play the way they do,” said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president, Consumer PC and Solutions Group, HP. “Today’s announcement— which includes four world-first introductions—illustrates how HP is innovating and defining the next-generation computing experience, delivering the productivity customers need and the entertainment they want.”
- The HP Spectre13x2 is a notebook and tablet in one, and the first fanless, detachable(1)Ultrabook based on Intel’s 4th generation processor. With the quiet experience of a tablet, Beats AudioTM, a full Radiance 1,080 high-definition (HD)(1)display, and sleek design, this 2-in-1 Ultrabook is flexible without compromising productivity or portability.
- HP Control Zone track pad, available for the first time in the new HP Spectre13Ultrabook, enables an enhanced Windows®8 experience by adding an extended area to the left and right of the touch pad. Using HP Control Zone, customers can easily access the Windows 8 modern user interface features such as Charms, flip and snap, along with a set of custom gestures right from the palm rest.(2)
- The HP ENVY17Leap Motion Special Edition (SE) is the world’s first notebook with integrated Leap Motion technology. HP is shaping the way people engage with technology with this innovative PC that senses natural hand and finger movements in the air for easy navigation and control, offering pinpoint accuracy to make games, modeling and presentations come to life. With a vivid 17.3-inch diagonal optional full HD display, movies and videos are sharp and clear. The latest Intel processors and NVIDIA graphics provide a faster and more responsive experience.
- The HP Chromebook14, announced last week, is the world’s first Chromebook based on the Haswell microarchitecture and comes in a variety of stylish color options.
Next-generation form factors
Delivering functional form factors that fit a variety of needs, HP’s latest detachable devices transform from a PC to a tablet—and back. With durable, magnetically assisted hinges, dual batteries in the base and tablet, powerful processors and colorful exterior choices, these new detachable devices deliver a breakthrough computing experience.
Featuring a slim profile combined with breathtaking performance, the HP Spectre13 Ultrabook weighs just 3.25 pounds, and offers a 13.3-inch full HD(1) touchscreen display and Intel 4th generation Core i5 performance, while boasting up to nine hours of battery life.(3)
For customers that want to switch easily from a notebook PC to a tablet without sacrificing personal style, the HP Pavilion11x2 is available in Pearl White, Flyer Red and Sparkling Black. The HP Pavilion11x2 features dual 1,080p HD webcams that allow users to create and enjoy video on the 11.6-inch diagonal display.
Delivering flexibility at an affordable price, the HP Pavilion13x2 offers powerful performance whether at home, at work or on the go. Customers can enjoy vibrant color on the full-size HD(1)touchscreen display with in-plane switching technology or use built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)(4)in select models to easily connect to a WiDi-enabled TV or monitor to share images and videos. Equipped with either the latest-generation accelerated AMD A6 processor or new Intel Core processors, and featuring Windows 8,(2)the HP Pavilion13x2 is HP’s most affordable detachable PC.
Choice of operating system
By offering multiple operating systems and form factors, HP is rounding out its tablet portfolio with offerings that allow customers to choose the tablet experience that right for them.
The 7-inch HP Slate7Extreme combines the power, speed and graphics capabilities of the NVIDIA®Tegra®4 Processor. NVIDIA PureAudio technology provides true surround sound through front-facing speakers and a dedicated bass-reflex port speaker. The HP Slate7Extreme also delivers intuitive navigation and pinpoint accuracy, and features an integrated stylus pen for composing and creating notes and illustrations while on the go.
The HP Slate8Pro offers razor-sharp resolution with fast, immersive web browsing, superb graphics for gaming and smooth HD video playback. Featuring a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor and 4:3 aspect ratio, this high-performance 7.98-inch diagonal display tablet delivers vibrant color and sparkling picture quality. This high-performance tablet includes Kingsoft Office, HP File Manager, HP ePrint,(5)and HP Connected Photo(6)for producing and managing content.
Stay connected from the coffee shop to the office to the sofa, with the Android-based HP Slate7HD and the HP Slate10HD with optional 4G connectivity.(7)With Google Play, innovative sound from Beats Audio, HD display,(1)and two-camera vision, these tablets are ideal for watching videos, surfing the web,(8)and staying connected in more places. Certain models of the HP Slate7HD and HP Slate10HD include two years of free mobile internet service—up to 200 MB of 4G data per month—on the T-Mobile network, all without any annual service contract requirements or term commitments.(9)This incredible value allows customers to enjoy internet access without having to search for Wi-Fi. More information about the 4G mobile broadband service is available at www.hp.com/go/freemobility.
The HP Omni10tablet provides robust performance with an Intel Atom Z3000 processor and Windows 8(2)Equipped with Microsoft®Windows Office 2013, side-by-side app viewing and up to nine hours of battery life,(3)the HP Omni10can keep up with even the busiest work schedules.
Software and services
HP understands the challenges customers face when accessing their digital content using multiple devices including HP PCs and tablets, and mobile phones. It is even more difficult when spanning different operating systems. HP Connected apps are an example of HP’s commitment to solving this pain point through an innovative solution that simplifies the user experience by organizing digital content such as photos, music, and, beginning next year, documents.
HP Connected Photo,(6)powered by Snapfish by HP, offers seamless access to photos from a PC or mobile device or social media sites like Facebook in one location, enabling customers to make the most of the holidays by printing photos, creating cards and invitations—directly from the application. Customers also can create artistic and mobile-friendly Deco Prints, or commemorate the season with new Premier Lay-flat Photo Books on Snapfish.
Music lovers can unlock and enjoy their favorite music from a variety of music services around the house on a PC or tablet with HP Connected Music(10)powered by Meridian. Beats Audio, on select HP PCs and tablets, is designed to provide the richest sound and an expansive playlist.
HP SmartFriend gives customers friendly, reliable one-on-one phone support no matter what brand of PC or tablet they own. HP SmartFriend is available for any computer running Windows, Chrome OS and OSX, and for tablets running Android OS, Windows and Apple iOS. Knowledgeable experts are available by phone 24/7 to remotely help solve issues and teach customers how to do new things with their technology. HP SmartFriend is available today in monthly subscription-based plans that meet different budgets. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/smartfriend.
Pricing and availability(11)
- HP ENVY17Leap Motion SE notebook is expected to be available for pre-order in the United States on Oct. 16. Starting at $1,049.99.
- HP Spectre13Ultrabook is expected to be available for pre-order in the United States on Oct. 16. Starting at $999.99.
- HP Pavilion11x2 is expected to be available in the United States on Nov. 17. Starting at $599.99.
- HP Pavilion13x2 is expected to be available in the United States on Nov. 17. Starting at $599.99.
- HP Spectre13x2 is expected to be available for pre-order in the United States on Oct. 16. Starting at $1,099.99.
- HP Slate7Extreme, HP Slate7HD, HP Slate8Pro, HP Slate10HD and HP Omni10are expected to be available in the United States in November. Pricing will be announced closer to availability.
(1) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(2) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See microsoft.com.
(3) Testing conducted by HP consisting of full battery discharge while running a series of productivity scripts against the following applications (which may or may not be included with a particular product): Adobe®Acrobat®Reader 7.0, Adobe Illustrator CS2, Adobe Photoshop®CS2, Apple QuickTime 7.1, Intervideo WinDVD 8, Macromedia Flash 8, Microsoft Office 2003 Pro, Microsoft Project 2003 and Winzip 10.0. Prior to testing, the system was fully charged and set to display brightness of 60 nits, auto dim disabled, wireless off, suspend and hibernate disabled, and all other programs, utilities and services not essential to running the computer system or battery life test. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration. (A list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.) Mobile devices require internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(4) Requires a Wireless Display adapter and HD TV.
(5) Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(6) Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE in the United States only.
(7) Wireless access point and internet service required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(8) No term contract required; terms and conditions still apply. For service beyond the two-year free monthly data period, T-Mobile data rates apply. Service starts on date of hardware purchase and is not available everywhere. Data connection speed can vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. See coverage and service plan details at www.T-Mobile.com. Use or activation of service is the agreement to T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions. Available on select SKUs in the United States only.
(9) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.