HP Boosts Business Productivity with New Secure Mobile Thin Client Solution
BARCELONA, Spain — HP today announced a new thin client solution designed to increase productivity for mobile workers with a lighter-weight device that combines high performance, reliable connectivity and secure access to data.
With the HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client, users can stay productive and protect even the most sensitive data while on the go, because nothing resides on the device itself, just like a traditional thin client. Employees simply turn on the notebook-form device and log in to the secure network at the office, at home or anywhere they have access to the cloud.(1)
“We’re seeing a growing trend in the number of workers who regularly travel and work off-campus, but still require secure access to data,” said Jeff Groudan, marketing director, Thin Clients, HP. “The HP mt41 is ideal for a mobile workforce because its lightweight, enterprise-level durable design allows employees to work both securely and efficiently, while enduring the rigors of the road.”
Reliable connectivity, maximum security, powerful performance
The HP mt41 benefits organizations in industries such as education and healthcare, and on-campus mobile workers who need to travel light and gain quick, secure access to data stored on a remote server or in the cloud.
Key features on the HP mt41 include:
- Reliable connectivity to the network. The HP mt41 has WWAN 3G/4G LTE capabilities (2), giving employees more connectivity options and quick access to important data.
- Better user experience with HP Velocity. HP Velocity network performance management software, included with the HP mt41, intelligently adapts to network conditions, improving network utilization to help ensure telecommuters as well as WiFi, 3G/4G and mobile users achieve the most optimal experience, particularly for applications such as unified communications.
- Inherently secure. The mt41 incorporates the latest dual-core AMD processor and TPM chipset to help workers stay productive and protect data with an optimized secure connection while at remote sites. (3) With Microsoft Windows® Embedded Standard (WES) 7 E operating systems, users can enjoy the Windows experience they already know and rest easy knowing that their critical data is stored on a secure remote server, whether they are in the office, at home or traveling.
- Intuitive, easy management with HP Device Manager. The latest version of HP’s powerful thin client management tool comes preinstalled on the HP mt41, allowing businesses to easily configure, deploy and reimage HP mobile thin clients—even when employees are on the road.
- Easy travel with a compact, lightweight design. With a 14-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) antiglare display and a starting weight of 4.78 lb (2.17kg), the HP mt41 is ideal for telecommuters and mobile workers who require secure and reliable access to their data while on the go.
The HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client is suited for enterprises that have deployed virtualization solutions from the major independent software vendors (ISVs)—Citrix, Microsoft and VMware—for their desktop virtualization deployments.
Pricing and availability
The HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client will be available worldwide in November. Pricing is available upon request.
The new HP mt41 will be demonstrated at VMworld in Barcelona, Oct. 15, in Booth No. D211.
(1)Wireless access point and internet access required; sold separately. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(2)WWAN is an optional feature and requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(3)Multi-core processing available with AMD technology is designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance will vary. AMD's numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Intel, Core and Pentium are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.