HP Drives Style, Innovation with HP Elite Portfolio
BARCELONA, Spain — HP today announced new HP Elite products that further extend the design and durability leadership of the company’s premium line of PC products.
Today’s announcement includes the world’s thinnest, most durable HP EliteBook, as well as a full-powered desktop that takes up less workspace than most office phones.
Today’s employees demand technology that fits their personal style, while still allowing them to stay productive wherever the job takes them. Meanwhile, IT managers must support this New Style of IT with a common set of devices and interfaces, all while exceeding expectations for the security and reliability that business demands.
Understanding the complexities of satisfying these changing work styles, HP offers not only the hardware needed to address business challenges, but also the configuration and deployment services needed to save IT time and money, including:
- The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 notebook is 16.1 percent thinner and 7.3 percent lighter than the previous generation, while still passing a dozen military-grade tests for reliability and durability, making this Ultrabook™(1)-qualified HP EliteBook one of the sturdiest, thinnest and lightest available.
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Business Desktop Mini, one of the industry’s smallest business desktop PCs, is fully integrated with the latest in power efficiency, security and manageability solutions. It’s introduced alongside the HP ProDesk 600 G1 Business Desktop Mini, which is designed to keep users productive and IT operating costs down.
- The HP EliteDisplay S230tm is HP’s first Windows 8®-certified touch monitor for business, featuring a 23-inch diagonal multitouch monitor with antiglare glass for viewing in high ambient light conditions.
- The HP Classmate Notebook PC leverages the latest technology to offer students around the world the most immersive and rewarding educational experience.
- HP Education Services combines vision consulting, leadership development and teacher training to ensure that technology is leveraged from day one—and beyond.
- HP Configuration and Deployment Services help businesses cut costs, preserve precious time, and stay focused on core competencies with expert device configuration direct from the factory and secure implementation that brings fast, accurate and standardized IT solutions to customers worldwide.
“Today’s business lifestyles continue to evolve at an incredible rate, resulting in a New Style of IT that requires stylish, easy-to-use devices coupled with expanding device security and manageability that can be used in a range of settings,” said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. “HP addresses this new reality with a portfolio of high-impact business PCs and services that offer the ultimate in security and manageability, while still providing the style, lightness and ease of use needed for all types of working environments.”
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1: Carry less, do more
The elegantly designed HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 notebook is the thinnest Ultrabook(1) in the HP Elite portfolio. This incredibly durable device features a CNC aluminum unibody design that’s only 15.9mm thin and weighs just 3.3 lbs, while passing 12 MIL-STD 810G(2) reliability tests—from extreme temperatures, vibration and shock, to drop and explosive atmosphere testing—providing dependable, all-day productivity.
HP ForcePad, a new pressure-sensitive touchpad that helps users speed through the familiar touch gestures used with smartphones and tablets to improve productivity, efficiency and ergonomic comfort. Users also will enjoy a choice between a high-definition (HD) or Full High Definition(3) (FHD) 1,080p 14-inch diagonal display with optional touch capability,(4) as well as the optional HP Ultraslim Side Docking Station to quickly connect to accessories and printers in the office without having to connect individual components.
The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 has optional 4G LTE wireless(5) and the latest powerful 4th generation Intel® Dual-Core™ i5 or i7 processors(6) to provide employees with full office capabilities wherever work takes them. Both data and device will be secure regardless of where work takes place with HP Sure Start,(7) a true self-healing security protocol that automatically restores a corrupted or attacked BIOS, and HP Trust Circles,(8) which protects data by ensuring that only approved contacts can access critical files.
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 and HP ProDesk 600 G1: HP’s smallest desktops yet
The EliteDesk 800 G1 Business Desktop Mini (DM) is HP’s smallest desktop form factor, a one-liter chassis that’s smaller than most office phones. This full-performance PC is designed for customers who need to fit in any type of workspace, from tight cubicles to reception desks. It also features an integrated wireless antenna and VESA mounting for flexible deployment options, such as the integrated work center stand, making it ideal for call centers, hospitals, retail and healthcare.
The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM boasts a total of six USB ports, including a fast-charging port for tablets and smartphones, as well as the ability to connect up to three additional displays using its one VGA and two display ports. The device consumes less than eight watts of power at idle, which means it can be always on and always connected, while still saving on energy and management costs. In addition to the latest Intel 4th Generation Core processors with optional vPro(9) support, the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM also includes industry-leading security and manageability solutions such as HP BIOSphere(10) with BIOS level security protection and HP Trust Circles.(8)
Just as small as the HP EliteDesk DM, the HP ProDesk 600 G1 DM is HP’s smallest ProDesk, yet it’s packed with powerful features such as HP’s Client Security portfolio, integrated wireless and the latest M.2 solid-state storage technology for long-lasting, secure productivity. The HP ProDesk DM provides flexible custom deployment options, including integrated VESA mounting, an optional “all-in-two” convenience stand and support for up to three displays.(11)
HP EliteDisplay S230tm: Tap, slide and swipe
The HP EliteDisplay S230tm 23-inch diagonal display is a Windows 8-certified multitouch display designed with antiglare glass treatment. For collaborative work in the office or for businesses that require a customer-facing experience, it offers touchscreen interaction, wide 178-degree angle viewing, an adjustable easel design that tilts back up to 70 degrees, and VESA mounting support for optional arm or wall mounts.
The HP EliteDisplay offers full HD(3)-quality images with In-Plane Switching (IPS) for a great visual experience even in ambient light. The display also includes integrated speakers, a 720p webcam and dual microphones, bringing video-conference hosting straight to the end user’s workstation.
HP Classmate Notebook PC and HP Education Services: Total access to true learning
The HP Classmate Notebook is HP’s most advanced Classmate PC ever created, and is based on a Future Intel® classmate PC reference design. It will provide students from around the world with total access to true learning. Offered at an affordable price while packed with the latest technology, including Windows 8.1 and the new Intel Celeron N2000 Series processors, this notebook empowers schools to provide engaging educational experiences for students. The HP Classmate also helps students expand their horizons with integrated HD video conferencing for guest lectures or virtual field trips, as well as durable construction for learning outside the classroom.
HP also launched HP Education Services, which combine vision consulting, leadership development and teacher training to help teachers leverage technology in instruction and empower excellence in the classroom. These services consist of a Technology Boot Camp, a Developing Instructional Leaders program, and HP Education Consulting.
HP Configuration and Deployment Services: Streamlining IT resources
IT configuration and deployment can be a costly undertaking for a business in terms of time, money and distraction. HP helps cut costs, preserve precious time and allow businesses to stay focused on core competencies with expert HP Configuration and Deployment Services that deliver fast, accurate and globally standardized IT solutions.
HP Configuration Services include custom system settings, third-party hardware integration and asset tagging for increased manageability of new equipment. The new HP Deployment Services include HP Installation and Setup, HP Logistics Services, HP Migration Services, and HP Decommission Services for asset retirement.
HP also is launching a new HP Configuration and Deployment Portal, providing users an easy-to-navigate, step-by-step process to gather all required details and specifications for customizing and deploying personal systems.
Pricing and availability(12)
The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 is now available in the United States for a starting price of $1,299.
The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini is expected to be available in the United States by April 2014 for a starting price of $669.
The HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini is expected to be available in the United States by April 2014 for a starting price of $489.
The HP EliteDisplay S230tm is expected to be available in the United States on Jan. 6 for a starting price of $359.
(1) Not all configurations will be classified as Ultrabooks.
(2) MIL-STD testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(3) High definition (HD) content is required to view high-definition images.
(4) Touch availability expected in early 2014.
(5) WWAN is an optional, add-on feature. WWAN use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE.
(6) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(7) HP Sure Start’s self-healing capabilities are targeted at BIOS attacks; some attack may require manual recovery tasks.
(8) HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to five Trust Circles with up to five contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
(9) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future “virtual appliances” applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(10) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(11) Support for multiple monitors requires displays that support DisplayPort with multistream that can be daisy chained together. Monitors and cables sold separately.
(12) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel and Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2013 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2017 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.