HP to Deliver Keynote Address at RSA 2014 Security Conference
Organizations worldwide spent approximately $46 billion on cybersecurity in 2013, but successful breaches increased 20 percent, and the cost of an individual breach increased by 30 percent.(1) While the security industry looks for silver bullets, criminals are investing more, sharing more and working harder.
During a keynote address at RSA Conference 2014, Art Gilliland, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Security Products, HP, will discuss how organizations can change the way they invest in and think about security—from the perspective of the adversary.
Gilliland’s presentation, “Stop Looking for the Silver Bullet: Start Thinking Like a Bad Guy,” will highlight the urgency for organizations to understand how to combat the full life cycle of an attack, rather than focusing solely on breach prevention. Furthermore, Gilliland will discuss the importance of collaboration within the security industry, and how sharing security intelligence will strengthen organizations’ security postures.
Art Gilliland, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Security Products, HP
Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2:50 p.m. PT
RSA Conference 2014
Moscone Convention Center
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at HP booth No. 3401 and at www.hpenterprisesecurity.com. Follow us on Twitter @HPsecurity.
Additional HP speaking engagements
In addition to Gilliland’s keynote address, several HP security executives will present during the conference on topics ranging from hybrid cloud technology to security education:
- Implementing Privacy Compliant Hybrid Cloud Solutions—Peter Reid, privacy officer, Enterprise Business, HP, will explain how enterprises can leverage hybrid cloud solutions to optimize IT costs, while complying with privacy and other regulatory requirements.
– Tuesday, Feb. 25, 1:20 p.m. PT
– West, Room: 2006
- Succeeding with Enterprise Software Security Key Performance Indicators—Rafal Los, principal, Strategic Security Services, Enterprise Security Services, HP, will discuss how to effectively measure software security efforts.
– Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2:40 p.m. PT
– West, Room: 2014
- Security Metrics: Can They Be Effectively Measured Across the Enterprise?—Andrew McCullough, expert consultant, Enterprise Security Services, HP, will address what metrics matter to both security operations and the boardroom.
– Wednesday, Feb. 26, 9 a.m. PT
– West, Room: 3009
- Security Education for the New Generation—Jacob West, chief technology officer, Enterprise Security Products, HP, will discuss best practices for educating a new generation of computer scientists on security topics. Matt Bishop, professor, UC Davis, also will contribute to this session.
– Wednesday, Feb. 26, 9:20 a.m. PT
– West, Room: 3018
- Handling Zero Day Disclosures: You’re Doing it Wrong—Brian Gorenc, manager, Vulnerability Research, Security Research, HP, and Jewel Timpe, manager, Malware Research, Security Research, HP, will share HP Zero Day Initiative’s most challenging cases and highlight the universal benefits of responsible vulnerability disclosure.
– Wednesday, Feb. 26, 9:20 a.m. PT
– North, Room: 133
(1) “2013 Cost of Cyber Crime Study: United States,” Ponemon Institute, October 2013.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com