HP Delivers Increased Mobility, Simplified Printing to SMBs
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced new mobile print capabilities designed to help small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) increase productivity so they can better focus on their business needs.
The newest addition to the world’s best-selling multifunction laser printer (MFP) family,(1) the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 comes equipped with simple, secured mobile print solutions that give SMB users an intuitive way to print or access content—virtually anytime, anywhere and from almost any device.
The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 meets Mopria global certification standards for delivering simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. The MFP also offers productivity and workflow solutions—like access to cloud business applications such as HP Flow CM Professional,(2) Box and Google Drive. These embedded applications, along with single-pass, two-sided scanning, enable users to accelerate efficiency in a hybrid paper-and-digital world.
As IT administrators look to increase office productivity while keeping costs at a reasonable level, the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) feature acts as an access control for guests, so that IT can set up user restrictions for scan, fax or copy functions.
Current research indicates that by 2015, 41 percent of business smartphone users and 43 percent of business tablet users will print from their mobile devices.(3) HP’s lineup of devices for SMBs and enterprises simplifies the way customers can print through near-field communications (NFC) touch-to-print capabilities,(4) wireless direct printing, HP ePrint(5) and HP AirPrint.(6)
“The expectation of today’s business customer is to print securely from any location or device,” said George Brasher, vice president and general manager, Worldwide Laser Printer Business, HP. “HP remains committed to delivering simple, secured mobile print solutions aimed to help customers solve the mobility challenge of working while in the office or on the go. With the addition of these new enterprise-grade mobility offerings, HP is helping SMBs increase productivity and workflow solutions, allowing them to be more productive in their businesses.”
Celebrating a legacy of firsts in mobile print innovation
HP created the mobile print category with HP ePrint, the industry’s first mobile print enablement working with any email capable device. Later, HP launched the first AirPrint-supported printers, enabling the first embedded print solution for iOS devices. HP also was the first to offer mobile printing accessories that enabled mobile printing for older printers.
Today’s launch continues the tradition of firsts, as the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 is the industry’s first Mopria-certified printer, supporting embedded print for Android-based devices.
Additional information about new HP imaging and printing devices and software solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/mfp.
(1) Based on internal HP data with MFP defined as a speed range of 21 ppm and greater.
(2) HP Flow CM Professional is available in US and Canada only and through select HP partners.
(3) “Multi-Client Study, Mobile Device Users vs. Non-Users: Print, Scan, Document Management,” IDC, February 2013.
(4) NFC technology is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity. Touch-to-print technology requires an optional accessory in order to enable NFC functionality on HP devices.
(5) Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection to printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
(6) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. A list of supported documents and image types is available at http://www.hpconnected.com/. A list of additional solutions is available at http://www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.