HP Expands Testing for Mobile and Cloud-based Application Delivery
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced new offerings to accelerate mobile and cloud-based testing and improve user experience while increasing cost savings and quality for the delivery of business-critical applications and services.
To help organizations drive quality, performance and velocity into their mobile, cloud, hybrid and traditional applications, HP is unveiling new versions of the products within its HP Application Lifecycle Management portfolio. The new software offerings help enterprises improve planning and development, shrink testing costs and speed the delivery of applications while continuously reducing potential business disruptions.
Ease of use, quality and performance are at the forefront of today’s global enterprise applications since poor user experience can quickly and directly impact brand perception and the financial bottom line. HP’s enhanced offerings are the foundation for delivering quality digital content, innovative applications and reliable services to the “anywhere, anytime” world.
Performance testing from the cloud
To help improve continuous performance testing for capacity, scalability and reliability, HP is introducing HP LoadRunner 12 and HP Performance Center 12 with new cloud testing capabilities designed to help organizations:
- Increase cost savings with instant access to large-scale load-generation capabilities in the cloud. Enterprises can scale performance-testing resources on flexible cloud platforms based on business and geographic demands.
- Shrink overhead through an integrated management environment that automates provisioning of load generators in the cloud across geographically dispersed teams while maintaining security and control.
- Reduce business disruptions by focusing testing efforts and improving test results with enhanced DevOps capabilities for an end-to-end performance application life cycle. This is achieved through continuous integration with developer tools such as Jenkins and integration with production monitoring tools such as Google Analytics.
- Detect and remediate performance issues before they become costly to the organization by integrating load testing earlier in the Agile development life cycle.
“At British Sky Broadcasting, customer experience is fundamental to delivering the expansive entertainment and technology services we offer, making quality and performance imperative for speeding innovation and business growth,” said Colin Griffiths, Platform Performance Engineer Team, British Sky Broadcasting. “With HP Performance Center, using new enhancements including REST API support, we can now continuously integrate performance testing across development and Agile teams to deliver superior content and services that continue to excite our customers and scale based on demand.”
Expand mobile application testing
HP’s new functional and performance testing products are designed to help enterprises embrace mobile testing by enabling faster delivery of engaging applications without jeopardizing quality. The enhanced offerings let organizations:
- Run field tests on mobile devices to extend quality assurance to offline scenarios. A new suite of mobile applications built on the HP Anywhere Enterprise Mobility Platform enable access to test scripts and allow test results and defects to be easily uploaded into HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Quality Center Enterprise while the tester is on the go.
- Empower testers to manually test mobile applications faster and eliminate defects that impact mobile application functionality more efficiently with HP Sprinter for Mobile.
- Improve the accuracy and reliability of performance testing with enhancements to Shunra Network Virtualization for HP Software to emulate real-world network conditions, which is vital for enabling a quality user experiences.
- Remove delays and constraints that impede fast-moving mobile application delivery teams by identifying potential performance issues early with HP Service Virtualization 3.5. By integrating service and network virtualization on the same platform, teams can test the behavior of virtual services on realistic network conditions.
Enrich the user experience to deliver quality applications
To help organizations successfully deliver the experiences their employees, customers and partners expect, HP offers HP Application Lifecycle Management 12 and HP Quality Center Enterprise 12, which now deliver:
- A simplified and intuitive user interface (UI) design accessible across browsers and mobile devices, helping IT organizations become more effective and efficient at delivering business-critical applications.
- New requirements definition and management features provide a comprehensive Word-like authoring environment with full traceability throughout the application life cycle. Integration with HP Agile Manager enables critical alignment between business requirements definition and Agile development processes.
HP Unified Functional Testing 12 helps IT organizations adopt and apply functional test automation more efficiently to meet the quality needs of distributed and Agile teams by:
- Eliminating potential errors by integrating quality assurance earlier into application development. Extended support for technologies including Safari, and API testing enhancements enable quicker release cycles.
- Reducing costs by simplifying test automation with HP Business Process Testing 12 embedded in the UI. This enables users to create automated tests that can be instantly transformed into reusable business components directly from the same application.
- Test more efficiently and continuously with direct integrations into HP Application Lifecycle Management and HP Quality Center Enterprise for enterprise test management and continuous integration solutions.
“Ciber drives real-world results for our clients’ strategic IT initiatives by helping them get the most out of their investments,” said Brian Haskett, vice president, Ciber. “With HP ALM 12, we serve more clients, more efficiently with new features that enable traceability for complete application life cycle management and improved business requirements integration for better visibility into quality assurance and development activities.”
“Mobility and cloud challenge organizations to balance time-to-market demands while delivering engaging user experiences that separate them from the competition,” said Bernd Schlotter, senior vice president, application delivery management, Software, HP. “By integrating performance and functional testing capabilities earlier into the application life cycle, HP empowers organizations to deliver the innovative mobile, cloud and hybrid software applications that are the engines of business growth with unprecedented velocity and uncompromised quality.”
HP’s software solutions help protect IT investments in quality and testing while empowering development and testing teams to deliver applications that are intuitive and provide the experience expected by today’s modern user. To accelerate adoption of the new solutions, HP offers a full set of professional services, on-premises or Software as a Service (SaaS)–based delivery models, an extensible community with HP LiveNetwork and educational services via the HP Adoption Readiness Tool.
- HP Application Lifecycle Management 12, HP Quality Center Enterprise 12, HP Performance Center 12, HP LoadRunner 12, HP Unified Functional Testing 12, HP Sprinter for Mobile and HP Business Process Testing 12 are available worldwide from HP and its ecosystem of worldwide channel partners.
- HP Service Virtualization 3.5 is expected to be available at the end of March.
- HP Application Lifecycle Management 12, HP Quality Center Enterprise 12, HP Performance Center 12, HP Unified Functional Testing 12 and HP Business Process Testing 12 are expected to be available for SaaS environments starting in April.
Additional information about HP Application Lifecycle Management offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/ALM.
- Watch the HP webinars:
- Become an automated, agile enterprise and avoid waste and management obstacles (March 19 at 10 a.m. PT)
- Application Lifecycle Management Software Updates (April 1 at 1 p.m. PT)
- Forrester: Agile, Continuous Integration & Accelerating Business Value Delivery (April 3 at 10 a.m. PT)
- Best Practices and Proven Methodologies for Mobile Performance Testing (April 9 at 9 a.m. PT)
- Learn more at ALM Blog, The Future of Testing Blog and HP LoadRunner and HP Performance Center Blog.
- Join GooglePlus for upcoming Hangouts featuring product demos, best practices and more.
- Join HP Software on Facebook and Twitter.
HP’s premier America’s client event, HP Discover, takes place June 10-12 in Las Vegas.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2017 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.