HP Helps Customers Speed Design, Deployment of Applications and Services
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced new offerings that accelerate the design and deployment of a customer’s applications, infrastructure and cloud-based services, improving time to value and quality of service delivery, while decreasing costs.
The adoption of mobility and cloud computing is accelerating the application life cycle and increasing pressure to take a user-centric approach to design and delivery. The challenge is to increase the speed of application delivery across both traditional data centers and cloud environments, while ensuring regulatory and operational compliance.
To address this challenge, HP is introducing the Orchestrated Datacenter, an automation and cloud-management solution that helps businesses optimize the operations in the datacenter to meet their infrastructure and application delivery requirements. This includes orchestrating the full stack—from physical, virtual servers, networks, storage and databases to the middleware and the application layer—and automating end-to-end IT workflows across the service desk, monitoring and security operations. The HP Orchestrated Datacenter lets IT teams design, customize and deploy these services securely in test and production, as well as across traditional, private and public cloud environments.
“IDC's research shows that data center automation and orchestration software is currently one of the IT industry's fastest growing management software categories. IT decision makers recognize there are significant business agility improvements as well as cost savings to be had by automating and orchestrating a wide range of infrastructure, middleware and application provisioning and configuration activities,” said Mary Johnston Turner, research vice president, Enterprise Systems Management Software, IDC. “IT architects and CIOs want simpler, more integrated and effective orchestration solutions that deliver value right out of the box. HP's Orchestrated Datacenter Solution addresses these priorities by combining important open source technologies such as OpenStack and Chef with HP's full stack automation technologies and operational best practices.”
Design once, deploy everywhere
HP’s solution for The Orchestrated Datacenter enables customers to consistently manage their applications and embed configuration, operational and regulatory compliance policies.
As a part of the Orchestrated Datacenter, HP is introducing a new offering, HP Enterprise Maps, an Archimate 2 certified enterprise architecture solution. Also part of the new solution, the company announced HP Cloud Service Automation (CSA) 4.1, HP Operations Orchestration (OO)10.1 and HP Server Automation (SA) 10.1, designed to let customers:
- Easily manage virtual machine deployments in OpenStack and public cloud environments including operating system provisioning, patching, software deployment and compliance management using the HP SA policy models.
- Speed time to innovation by creating an actionable roadmap of services and applications to be migrated to private or public cloud environments.
- Improve satisfaction of the application-development and IT teams by automatically importing Chef™ Recipes at the time of service definition using flexible service modeling and design. Chef is emerging as an open-source standard to define application and system configurations and has growing appeal in modern application development communities worldwide.
- Rapidly deploy, debug and manage application Chef Recipes and Chef Cookbooks without the added footprint of using Chef Infrastructure.
- Leverage a rich out-of-the-box support of Chef Recipes, providing the most comprehensive content library in the industry with more than 300 application patterns across every component of IT service (traditional, private and public) across legacy and distributed applications. This includes out-of-the-box support for Big Data platforms like Hadoop® and no-SQL databases like MongoDB®, CouchDB™ and Hbase™.
- Deliver an IT shopping cart experience that allows end users to select and order multiple service offerings at one time from the HP CSA catalog. This also supports aggregated pricing and individual subscription service management.
- Allow admins to troubleshoot issues without introducing risk to production environments and simplify the coordination of automated tasks and activities across teams, tools and environments using the remote debugging feature of HP Operations Orchestration.
- Enable IT to measure and report the value delivered to the lines of business customers from within the new Automation Insight capability in SA. Built on the HP HAVEn big data platform, HP Automation Insight unifies reporting across products and data sources to measure the status of IT automation, as well as the state of compliance, server operations and frequency of updates across the data center.
Additionally, HP Software Professional Services helps customers make The Orchestrated Datacenter a reality with its “Automate, Orchestrate, Transform” set of services, expert advice, intellectual property and proven experience. HP Education Services provides innovative product training and education services.
“IT organizations must sharpen their focus from just managing servers and infrastructure to orchestrating the delivery of end to end services and applications that help differentiate businesses in the market,” said Ajay Singh, senior vice president and general manager, IT Operations Management, Software, HP. “The Orchestrated Datacenter empowers customers to orchestrate across the entire operations cycle ensuring timely delivery of infrastructure and application services with consistency, compliance and reliability.”
“Since automating our installation processes, we have gone from around six days for installing a server cluster to one day and, instead of more than 24 hours, it now takes less than 15 minutes to install one virtual machine,” said Patrick Bourel, head of Open Systems at Air France, which significantly reduced the time it takes to bring environments into service while improving quality, reliability and reducing the cost of infrastructure provisioning by 85 percent. “This scalable platform will allow Air France to put in place, monitoring and audit tools in order to achieve better quality of service.”
- HP Enterprise Maps 1.0, HP Cloud Service Automation 4.1 and HP Server Automation 10.1 and HP Operations Orchestration 10.1will be available worldwide from HP and its ecosystem of worldwide channel partners in June.
- HP Operations Orchestration Community Edition is available for download immediately.
- HP will offer updated versions of both, HP Cloud and Automation – Premium Edition and HP Cloud and Automation – Ultimate Edition. The enhanced premium edition includes HP Executive ScoreCard in addition to CSA, SA, and OO. The enhanced ultimate edition also includes HP Executive Scorecard in addition to CSA, SA, OO and HP Database and Middleware Automation (DMA).
- Businesses can start managing the complete life cycle for up to 3,000 servers within two hours by downloading the 30 day trial of the HP Server Automation virtual appliance.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2017 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.