HP Helps Verizon Business Build Best-in-class Cloud Computing Solution for Medium- to- Large-sized Companies
HP today announced its collaboration with Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications, to bring to market the company’s new Computing as a Service (CaaS) solution, offering enterprises a flexible, secure and cost-effective way to manage IT resources.
HP is providing Verizon Business with a combination of professional services expertise, enterprise server hardware and automation software. HP’s integrated support provides Verizon Business the foundation to deliver one of the industry’s most comprehensive cloud computing solutions.
“Our new CaaS solution offers enterprises an unbeatable combination of flexibility, security and control,” said Nancy Gofus, senior vice president, Global Product Development, Verizon. “HP’s industry leadership and strategy around ‘everything-as-a-service’ is enabling us to deliver what we believe is truly a best-in-class cloud solution.”
HP Software & Solutions (HPSS) Professional Services provided the expert domain knowledge to support Verizon Business’ vision of the CaaS architecture. HPSS Professional Services assisted with the design and implementation of Verizon's CaaS.
Based on Verizon Business’ requirements, HP’s offering included HP Business Service Automation software and HP enterprise servers and network infrastructure products. The complete solution delivers a highly resilient, on-demand computing infrastructure that enables Verizon Business’ large and midsize customers to obtain flexible computing resources required to meet the changing needs of their businesses.
The Verizon CaaS solution offers customers:
- speedier deployment to accelerate revenue generation;
- built-in redundancy and security for a highly reliable it environment;
- a ‘pay-as-you-go’ model that allows customers to pay for what they use, when they use it;
- fast access to efficiently and securely manage IT resources.
The HP products within the CaaS solution
- HP Operations Orchestration software – automates IT processes to help customers reduce the time, costs and risk associated with managing IT operations. Automated processes include incident resolution, change orchestration and routine maintenance tasks standardized in a manner that enforces compliance processes.
- HP Server Automation software – reduces operating costs and increases productivity by automating common operational tasks. Provides automated, physical and virtual server management.
- HP Network Automation software – allows customers to realize measurable cost savings, improve security and help achieve network compliance. Delivers real-time visibility, automation and control of dynamic networks. The software immediately addresses critical IT issues by simplifying the management of complex, distributed, multiple-vendor networks.
- HP Service Automation Reporter software – helps customers quickly audit and report on the configuration and compliance data gathered throughout IT enterprise. Offers a flexible reporting engine for data centers and records all operational data associated with change information. It also offers open interfaces to extract and integrate HP Service Automation Reporter data with other Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs).
- HP BladeSystem – helps customers to save on energy consumption, space and time. Provides compute, storage, networking, power, cooling and management infrastructure elements.
- HP Virtual Connect – customers gain increased productivity, and can respond faster to changing workload demands which ultimately reduce operating costs. Simplifies connections to local area networks (LANs) and storage area networks (SANs), consolidates and precisely controls their network connections. Administrators can easily move and add applications, and replace or recover server resources on the fly.
- HP System Insight Manager – maximizes uptime by offering inventory reporting and provides continuous infrastructure monitoring.
“Verizon Business is able to deliver a truly unique cloud computing infrastructure that businesses can leverage to more effectively and efficiently manage IT computing resources,” said Andy Isherwood, general manager and vice president, Software Services, HP. “Using HP expertise, software and hardware, HP delivered the innovation and excellence that Verizon Business required.”
About Verizon Business
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine professional expertise with the world’s most connected IP network to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today’s extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees – enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world’s largest businesses and governments – including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions – rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business. Find out more at www.verizonbusiness.com.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2009 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Scott Pace, HP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Hendrick, Burson-Marsteller for HP: email@example.com
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com