HP Updates Mini Notebooks with New Colors, Stylish Designs
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today enhanced its award-winning portfolio of mini notebook PCs with new products that span consumer, business and education markets.
With thin, striking designs, the new models are engineered to provide an unsurpassed customer experience:
- The redesigned HP Mini 210, an affordable companion PC, gives consumers all-day computing, optional high-definition (HD) video playback(1,2) and a broad range of color options in a new slim and stylish design.
- The HP Mini 5103, HP’s latest touch-enabled mini notebook,(2,3) is designed for students and mobile professionals alike. It incorporates the latest dual-core Intel® Atom processor and features an all-metal case in a new espresso color.
“HP Minis have no equal when it comes to industrial design, use of innovative materials and overall feature sets,” said Ted Clark, senior vice president and general manager, Notebook Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group, HP. “With these additions to the HP Mini portfolio, customers have a broad choice of sleek companion PCs that allow them to stay more easily connected to the people and digital content that is important to them.”
HP Mini 210
The HP Mini 210 is the ideal companion PC for the mobile consumer, providing all-day computing(4) in an ultra-portable and stylish design.
Created for consumers who surf the web, check email, listen to music, and need access to friends, family or information while on the go, the Mini 210 includes built-in WLAN,(5) webcam, microphone and a nearly full-sized, island-style keyboard. It also is offered with the optional new dual-core Intel Atom processor N550, in addition to the Intel Atom N455 and N475 processors,(6) all of which support DDR3 memory.
Less than 1-inch thin and weighing 3.1 pounds,(7) the Mini 210 comes standard with an inline six-cell battery(2) that provides up to 10.75 hours of battery life(4) and fits flush, complementing the overall design.
The Mini 210 is available in a choice of five HP Imprint finishes: charcoal, crimson red, lavender frost, luminous rose and ocean drive.
An optional 10.1-inch diagonal HD display and optional Broadcom Crystal HD Enhanced Video Accelerator enables smooth 720p and 1080p HD content(1,2) playback and video streaming from popular websites, allowing users to experience their own personal multiplex. Dolby Advanced Audio delivers optimal playback for movies, music and gaming.
New software enhances the HP Mini 210’s multimedia experience:
- HP Media Suite provides one location to easily organize, store and play multimedia content such as music, photos and videos.
- Evernote note-taking software allows users to quickly capture and search for notes.
Additionally, HP QuickSync(8) makes it easy to automatically synchronize files with a home PC over a wireless connection. HP QuickWeb(9) allows users to access the web in seconds without booting up the notebook.
HP Navigator, included with the optional global positioning system (GPS),(10) provides general mapping, route planning, points of interest and voice-guided navigation.(11)
HP Mini 5103
With a starting weight of only 2.64 pounds,(7) the HP Mini 5103 is a full-performance companion PC designed for mobile professionals as well as K-12 and higher-education students. The HP Mini 5103 supports the Atom N550, Intel’s latest dual-core processor, in addition to the new Atom N455 and N475 processors,(6) all of which support DDR3 memory.
Available in standard or touch-enabled versions,(3) the HP Mini 5103 features a sturdy, lightweight, anodized-aluminum display enclosure with a brushed, espresso-colored finish. It also includes an optional handle for easy transport.(2)
The HP Mini 5103 features a spacious, functional, 95 percent of full size QWERTY keyboard plus a touchpad, providing an optimal experience for email, instant messaging and other text-driven applications.(12) The optional touchscreen allows users to work intuitively and quickly, through multitouch gestures, finger taps and swipes across the screen, providing easier navigation of applications, information and websites.(2,3)
The HP Mini 5103 features a large, 10.1-inch diagonal LED display, available in either WSVGA or HD resolutions.(1,2) When equipped with the Broadcom HD video decoder card, the HP Mini 5103 can play back high-resolution 720p and 1080p HD video content from the most advanced video websites.(1,2)
Customers can choose either a four-cell battery for lighter weight or optional six-cell battery for longer battery life.(2) When configured with the optional six-cell battery, the HP Mini 5103 delivers up to 10 hours and 15 minutes of battery runtime.(4)
The HP Mini 5103 also includes HP DayStarter,(13) a software program that allows users to get a head start on the day’s activities through a customized 12-hour calendar display that offers quick access to appointments and battery status, all while Windows® boots.
Accessories, pricing and availability(14)
Matching accessories are available for HP Minis such as durable, neoprene mini sleeves, which include a plush interior lining and help safeguard against everyday use. Matching mice include advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology(5) for less interference and a longer range of operation. Prices for the accessories start at $19.99.
For the HP Mini 5103, the HP USB 2.0 Docking Station uses universal USB technology to pass through critical signals such as video and LAN and connect with peripherals such as a keyboard, mouse or printer. Since USB is a widely adopted industry standard, the HP USB Docking Station 2.0 is ideal for mini or notebook computers that don’t have an integrated docking connector. Users can simply plug the dock into the USB port and extend their mini or notebook capabilities for a true desktop experience.
The HP LAN and USB Travel Hub is an affordable, compact hub designed to go anywhere. Measuring only 2.36 inches x 2.36 inches, it fits easily into a carrying case, backpack or even a pocket. It also can be plugged directly into a notebook with the built-in USB 2.0 cable, enabling users to access up to four USB 2.0 ports and a RJ-45 LAN port.
The HP Mini 210 is currently available in the United States with a starting price of $329.
The HP Mini 5103 is currently available in the United States with a starting price of $399.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) HD content required to view HD images.
(2) Sold separately or purchased as an optional feature.
(3) Level of touch support varies by operating system.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality (including the wireless functionality) and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007 for additional details.
(5) Wireless access point and internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(6) Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(7) Weight will vary by configuration.
(8) Requires Microsoft Windows.
(9) HP QuickWeb is accessible when the notebook is off in Windows XP, Windows Vista® or Windows 7-based systems; not supported from hibernation. Internet access required. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. To enable the feature following the removal of the battery, reboot the notebook prior to subsequent use.
(10) GPS access requires an unobstructed path to multiple satellites. Performance may be affected if/when used inside of buildings, bridges or heavily congested metropolitan areas.
(11) Voice-guided route navigation is available for a 30-day trial at no additional cost and must be purchased at the conclusion of the trial to continue use of the feature.
(12) Mobile Broadband requires separately purchased wireless service contract. Check with provider for local availability and coverage.
(13) Requires Microsoft Outlook; HP QuickLook must be installed. User must opt in to activate feature.
(14) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Vista are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2010 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2017 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.