HP Unveils Print Solutions, Including 10 Industry-first Innovations, that Transform Print Features into Digital Content Solutions
NEW YORK --HP todayannounced multiple innovations across its printing portfolio,including 10 industry-first technologies that significantly improve howcustomers interact with their digital content.
The new solutions aredesigned to help enable all customers – from consumers to small andmidsize businesses (SMBs) to enterprise organizations – to bettermanage and access digital content, convert information from paperto digital with one touch, and quickly unlock content repositoriesin the enterprise.
HP made the announcementsfrom the stage of a global news conference, joined by prominentpartners and customers, including Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo!;Ivanka Trump, renowned entrepreneur, co-founderof the Trump Hotel Collection and founder of the Ivanka TrumpCollection; Rob Lips, vice president of QuickBooks ProductMarketing at Intuit; Ed Febinger, vice president of Inventory andManufacturing Strategy at Pearson PLC; and Matias del Campo,founder and principal at SPAN Architecture & Design.
“HP is unleashinginnovation and has once again made the future a reality,” said VyomeshJoshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group,HP. “We have transformed the flow of content for all customersletting them access, share, print and manage content virtuallyanytime or anywhere in the world.”
- Disruptive new category of printers powered by the web andempowered by the cloud spanning the HP Photosmart, Officejet,LaserJet and Designjet lines starting at $99 for consumer modelsand $149 for the office(1);
- Unlocking billions of pages by giving people the freedom toprint photos, documents and more from mobile devices;
- Breakthrough technology with HP FutureSmart Firmware and HPOpen Extensibility Platform that enables SMB and enterprisecustomers to use current and future third-party and workflowsolutions on hardware that dates back to 2005.(2)
Offerings for thedigitally connected consumer
HP introduced two contentdevices designed to serve the access and print needs of digitallyconnected consumers. In addition, the company has simplified theprint experience from mobile devices by offering HPePrint(3) on all new HP Photosmart devices as well asdirect printing from Apple iPad, iPod touch and iPhone devices withiOS 4.2.(4)
- The HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One combines the full features ofan HP All-in-One with web browsing and access to HP print apps andwidgets – plus a detachable, 7-inch, full-color touchscreen formobile freedom in the home.(5,6) Additional featuresinclude access to Barnes & Noble’s expansive eBookstore withmore than 1 million digital titles as well as one-touch access tocustomized content from Yahoo!, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Messenger,Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Weather direct from the display. Customersalso can fax without the need of a phone line.(5) TheENERGY STAR® qualified HP Photosmart eStation is currentlyavailable in select countries for$399.(1)
- The HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One is a sleek, slim-line printer designedto complement modern home décor and features a high-resolutiontouchscreen display, whisper-quiet operation and a retractablepaper tray. The ENERGY STAR qualified HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One isthe planet’s first PVC-free printer(7) and is expectedto be available worldwide next month for$249.(1)
- New printapps(8) available this fall on HP eAll-in-OnePhotosmart Printers include: Delta Air Lines to quickly printboarding passes; NBA.com for access to game schedules andinformation; Sesame Street eBookstore for stories and learningactivities; Bing Maps for maps and driving directions; Martha’sEveryday Food™ from Martha Stewart for quick and easy dinnerrecipes; LeapFrog for kids’ educational activities; Photobucket,SmugMug and Facebook® for easy access to personal photo albums;Howcast for how-to content for daily life and enjoyment;MyRecipes.com for recipes from magazines such as Cooking Light,Southern Living and Real Simple; and DailyCandy for daily lifestylenews and offers.
- Snapfish by HP, the No. 1 online personalpublishing service, is building a rich assortment of unique carddesigns after adding 130 new designers and more than 3,000 newdesigns to its recently launched SnapfishPublisher platform. Snapfish also is working with a selectionof developers who will introduce their own range of merchandise forthis holiday season, including custom lunchboxes and puzzles.
More information about theHP Photosmart e-All-in-One portfolio is available at http://h30406.www3.hp.com/campaigns/2009/hho/photosmart/en_us/index.html?#/products.HP printers are backed by HP Total Care, the company’s award-winningservice, solutions and support, both in and out of warranty.
HP Wall Art: Fun,affordable wall designs for the family
Later this fall, HP plansto launch Wall Art – personalized wall decor that is fun and easyto mount. The first Wall Art available will feature images frompopular Nickelodeon shows, including “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “Dorathe Explorer,” “Go Diego Go!” and “iCarly.” Parents and their kidswill be able to go online, choose the images and customize the WallArt to fit their chosen room. More partners and options will beadded in 2011, including television characters, movie heroes, musicstars and even personal photos.
Empowering SMBs todo business anytime, anywhere
HP’s new portfolio ofweb-connected printers for SMB customers makes it easy to access HPprint apps,(8) share information and ePrint(3) wherever business happens. HP also isworking with Intuit’s Partner Platform to deliver an app that willallow small businesses to easily scan, store and manage financialmaterials via Intuit’s QuickBooks.
- The wired and wireless HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP isthe first HP LaserJet printer that prints from the web and mobiledevices(9,10) and offers a 3.5-inch color touchscreencontrol panel that allows users to easily print, scan, copy andfax. Available now for $449.(1) HP ePrint andprint app support are expected to be available this winter.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One series allows smallbusinesses to make their best impression with professional-qualitycolor prints, marketing materials or other business documents forup to 50 percent lower cost per page and while using up 50 percentless energy than color laser printers.(11) Available nowstarting at $299.(1)
- The HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One producesprofessional-quality color documents for the lowest cost per pagecompared with in-class, wide-format inkjet all-in-ones on a rangeof paper types and sizes.(12) The 7500A includesintegrated wired and wireless networking for sharing with multiplePCs(3) and includes a 2.36-inch color touchscreendisplay. Available now for $299.(1)
- The wired and wireless(6,13) HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One series lets users produceprofessional-quality, lowest-cost-in-class colordocuments,(14) plus fax, copy and scan. The 6500A uses40 percent less energy than comparable laserprinters(15) and includes a 2.36-inch color touchscreendisplay. Available now starting at$149.(1)
Additionally, HP introducedan expanded portfolio of printers with HP ePrint technology,expected to be available this winter, and a compact scanner.
- The HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer is the world’s smallestcolor laser printer(16) and one of the world’s mostenergy-efficient color laser printers.(17) Expected tobe available in November for $229.(1)
- The HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer is expected to beavailable in November for $299.(1)
- The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is available now for$299.(1)
- The HP Scanjet Pro 3000 Sheet-feed Scanner is expected to beavailable in November for $449.(1)
Transform imagingand printing into a strategic advantage
HP FutureSmart Firmware andthe latest version of the HP Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) help extend the life of animaging and printing fleet while helping to increase officeproductivity and simplify fleet management.
These technologies enableSMB and enterprise customers to use future solutions on hardwarepurchased today as well as extend those capabilities to OXP-enableddevices dating back to 2005,(2) providing significantinvestment protection. Together, they allow HP and solutionpartners to develop advanced applications, making HP multifunctionprinters a document workflow kiosk for multiple business processesthat enhance productivity.
The new printing productsannounced today and all future networked, office-class HP LaserJetprinters are based on HP FutureSmart Firmware. The new products,services and solutions are designed to help HP Managed Print Services customers cut costs, improveproductivity, mitigate risk and drive business results.
New products include:
- The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CM4540 Multifunction Printerseries is expected to be available this winter for $3,799 to$5,549.(1)
- The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP5520 Printer series is expectedto be available this winter for $2,499 to$4,399.(1)
- The HP Scanjet 7500 Enterprise Flatbed Scanner is expected to beavailable this winter for $1,399.(1)
New solutions include:
- The HPInsurance Policy Accelerator Solution accelerates insurancepolicy document workflows from proposal to payment, helping tospeed time to revenue, reduce operating costs and improve thecustomer experience.
- HP Dynamic Marketing, based on the HP Exstream customer communications solutions platform, allowscustomers to create, manage and deliver meaningful, relevantmarketing materials and customer communications across theenterprise in a timely manner.
- The HPand TROY Secure Document Printing Solution enablesorganizations to print high-value black-and-white documents withantifraud security features using plain paper and enterprise-classHP PCL5 LaserJet printers and MFPs.
New services include:
- HP ePrint Enterprise(18) for BlackBerry® smartphonesis enhanced with pull-printing integration for greater security andmore robust search functionality.
- Enhanced HP Telecommuter bundles help ensure high productivity forenterprise telecommuters with new ePrint enabled devices andportable printers that offer excellent print quality, ITmanageability and low cost of ownership.
- The HP Security Action Plan provides a comprehensive roadmap tohelp enterprise customers identify and address common securityrisks across their imaging and printing environments for enhanceddata protection and improved compliance.
HP’s alliancewith Canon continues to yield global results. HP UPD(Postscript) currently supports the imageRUNNER ADVANCE colorproducts and will support the newer monochrome MFPs this fall. HPWeb Jetadmin and HP Remote Monitoring support even the newest Canonproducts, such as imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6000 Series and 8000 Seriesmonochrome multifunction devices. HP continues to invest intechnologies and solutions to enable a common user experienceacross HP and Canon devices.
Game-changing,web-based collaboration solutions for designprofessionals
HP has extended its ePrintplatform to the graphics market for the first time, redefining thelarge-format printing experience for design professionals. The newsolutions help design teams collaborate across multiple locations,streamline processes and reduce costs.
- The HP Designjet T2300 eMultifunction Printer (eMFP) is theindustry’s first web-ready large-format system with scan, print andcopy functionality, enabling design professionals to easily scanand upload documents to the web and print drawings whereverneeded.(19)
- HP ePrint & Share is a web-based printingsolution available through HPePrintCenter that allows design professionals to automaticallycreate, print, share and manage project files online using desktopor mobile devices.(20)
- The HP Designjet T7100 Printer is a high-speed monochrome andcolor printing system with breakthrough total cost of ownershipcompared to competitive technologies.(21)
- The HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer series is the world’s fastest,professional-quality large-format photo printer in its priceclass,(22) delivering photo-quality prints with aresolution of 2,400 dots per inch and versatility for indoorapplications from line drawings to photographic output to signage.HP Vivid Photo Inks, featured in the HP Designjet Z6200 PhotoPrinter, offer improved scratch resistance, gloss levels and glossuniformity and a wider color gamut with deeper blacks than previousHP inks.
Additional informationabout HP’s collaborative print solutions for design professionalsis available in a related news release.
More information about HP’sproduct launch is available in an online press kit at http://www.hp.com/go/InnovationSummit.
HP creates newpossibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people,businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technologycompany, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing,personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure tosolve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) isavailable at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) EstimatedU.S. street price. Actual price may vary.
(2)OXP-supported devices include: HP LaserJet M3035MFP, M4345MFP,M5035MFP, M9040/9050MFP; HP Color LaserJet CM3530MFP, CM4540MFP,CM4730MFP, CM6030MFP, CM6040MFP; HP 9250C Digital Sender; HPScanjet 7000n.
(3) Requires aninternet connection to the printer. Feature works with anyinternet- and email-capable device. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(4) AirPrintwill work with iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (thirdgeneration and later).
(5) Requires awireless access point and an internet connection to the printer.Touchscreen menus are in English or English/French only.Availability varies by region. Services may require registration.Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(6) Wirelessperformance is dependent upon physical environment and distancefrom access point.
(7) HP ENVY 100e-All-in-One is polyvinyl chloride-free (PVC free); meeting theevolving definition of PVC free as set forth in the “iNEMI PositionStatement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics(BFR-/CFR-/PVC-free).’” Plastic parts contain less than 1,000 ppm(0.1%) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and less than1,000 ppm (0.1%) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVCor PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substratelaminates contain bromine/chlorine total less than 1,500 ppm(0.15%) with a maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09%) and maximumbromine being 900 ppm (0.09%). Printers sold in Korea are not PVCfree. USB cable, required in limited geographic areas, is not PVCfree.
(8) Requires aninternet connection to the printer. Services may requireregistration. Apps availability varies by country and language.Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintcenter.
(9) May requirean internet connection to the printer. Feature works with anyinternet- and e-mail-capable device and requires a firmwareupgrade. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(10) Requires aninternet connection to the printer. Services may requireregistration. Apps availability varies by country and requires afirmware upgrade. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(11) Majority ofcolor laser all-in-ones less than $600, March 2010; details at www.hp.com/go/officejet.HP Officejet Pro ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges basedon continuous printing; details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR program’s TECtest method criteria.
(12) Letter costper page comparisons for B-size inkjet all-in-ones with fax lessthan $300 from major vendors as of March 2010. Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet.HP Officejet ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based oncontinuous printing. Details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(13) Availableonly in the HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One.
(14) Compared toinkjet all-in-ones with fax less than $200 from major vendors as ofMarch 2010. Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet.Excludes HP Officejet Pro All-in-Ones. HP Officejet CPP based onISO yield of products offered as of September 2010 withhighest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing. Detailsat www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(15) Majority ofcolor laser all-in-ones less than $600, March 2010; details at www.hp.com/go/officejet.Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR program’s TECtest method criteria.
(16) Based onpersonal color printers as defined by IDC and shipping as of June2010 as measured by volume (WXDXH) using manufacturers’specifications or as measured by operational “A4” size.
(17) Energyconsumed based on competitive TEC measurement results found atenergystar.gov and eu-energystar.org for single-function colorlaser printers as of June 2010. TEC based on mono pages in monoprint speed. Individual product configuration and usage will affectpower consumption.
(18) HP ePrintEnterprise solution requires BlackBerry Enterprise Serverdeployment, internet- and email-capable BlackBerry smartphone OS4.5 with separately purchased wireless internet service, HP ePrintapp and HP ePrint server. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, PCL3GUIprinters (HP and non-HP).
(19) Internetconnection is needed.
(20) Upgradeablefunctionality will be available in 2011. May require an internetconnection to the printer. Feature works with any internet- andemail-capable device. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(21) The HPDesignjet T7100 Printer offers up to 66 percent lower total cost ofownership over three years compared to competitive color devicesand up to 50 percent compared to competitive monochrome solutions,based on HP internal testing.
(22) Based onpublished manufacturer specifications as of June 2010.
Apple and iPod aretrademarks of Apple Computer Inc. The BlackBerry and RIM familiesof related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive propertiesand trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. ENERGY STAR is aregistered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news release containsforward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties andassumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or suchassumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidatedsubsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. Allstatements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but notlimited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives ofmanagement for future operations; any statements concerningexpected development, performance or market share relating toproducts and services; any statements regarding anticipatedoperational and financial results; any statements of expectation orbelief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of theforegoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions includemacroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution andperformance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers andpartners; the achievement of expected operational and financialresults; and other risks that are described in HP’s QuarterlyReport on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2010 andHP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission,including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K forthe fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligationand does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2010 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. HP shall not be liable fortechnical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com