HP Unveils Business Notebooks Designed with Precision Engineering
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today revamped its business notebook PC lineup with new technology aimed at boosting performance and productivity, while offering an enriched and sophisticated industrial design that improves notebook quality and reliability.The company’s new “FORGE” design framework ensures HP business notebooks embody a timeless construction, with precision-engineered durability features that are designed for maximum reliability and with the environment in mind. Precision aluminum-alloy hinges, cast titanium-alloy display latches and the HP DisplaySafe frame are a few of the design highlights behind the approach.
New products and services include:
HP EliteBook 8460p and 8560p notebook PCs feature an aerospace-inspired HP DuraCase that meets the MIL-STD 810G military-standard testing specifications,(1) enabling it to withstand wear and tear while still sporting an attractive, professional-looking platinum color tone finish. The EliteBook 8460p also provides industry-leading battery life of up to 32 hours.(2)
HP ProBook 6360b, 6460b and 6560b notebook PCs offer configuration flexibility in areas such as processor, graphics and battery technology. Boasting an all-new 13.3-inch diagonal display option, the ProBook b-series also features a new smudge-resistant and wear-resistant tungsten-colored design.
HP ProBook s-series 4230s, 4330s, 4430s, 4530s and 4730s notebook PCs are available in an array of sizes – from ultra-light to desktop replacement – making them an excellent, affordable choice for small and midsize businesses.
“HP is the market leader in business notebooks and we have raised the bar with a completely revamped line of business-grade notebooks,” said Dan Forlenza, vice president, Business Notebooks, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Our all-metal EliteBooks meet military standards and will surpass customer expectations in durability.”
Rugged, optimized design for premium business performance
Bold, confident and modern, the HP EliteBook 8460p and HP EliteBook 8560p are the culmination of creative design and precision engineering. Starting at only 4.56 pounds and 6.10 pounds, respectively, the HP EliteBook 8460p and 8560p offer 14- and 15.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) LED-backlit displays(3) that deliver incredible portability without sacrificing screen legibility.
The EliteBook p-series delivers optimum business performance with second-generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core processors and Core i7, i5 and i3 dual-core processors,(4) while offering flexible choices of UMA or high-performance AMD Radeon HD 6470M discrete graphics with responsive performance and rich media capabilities. The notebooks also feature new USB 3.0 ports and a USB 2.0 charging port, in addition to a range of wireless connectivity options, choice of multiple operating systems, and either hard disk drive or solid-state disk drive options.
The HP EliteBook p-series also offers 3-, 6- and 9-cell options for lightweight and extended battery run time, and an HP Long Life Battery option(5) for the highest-achieving notebook battery lifespan on the market. The notebooks also are compatible with the new HP Extended Life Notebook Battery and HP Ultra-Capacity Notebook Battery. With the new HP Ultra-Capacity Notebook battery, the HP EliteBook 8460p can achieve up to 32 hours of battery life.(2)
The new HP EliteBook p-series easily connects to the HP 90W Docking Station or the HP 120W Advanced Docking Station(5) for use with peripherals like a monitor and keyboard, enabling users to have a desktop experience without needing to plug and unplug accessories. In addition, the HP EliteBook p-series offers SRS Premium Sound, which delivers optimized audio settings for voice and multimedia applications.
Smartly designed, productivity-enhancing notebook series
The HP ProBook b-series sports bead-blast aluminum display enclosures, a magnesium-reinforced ABS chassis and a bottom-case drain that helps protect against accidental minor spills on the keyboard. Other new features include an HP DisplaySafe frame for added panel protection, precision display latches for a more secure fit and a spill-resistant keyboard set in a full aluminum deck for a better look and feel.
Available with 13.3-inch (6360b), 14-inch (6460b) and 15.6-inch (6560b) diagonal HD LED backlit displays,(3) the HP ProBook b-series offers a range of processing options, including second-generation Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 dual-core processors or an Intel Celeron® processor.(4) For businesses looking for simple multimedia functionality, the ProBook b-series offers an optional HD webcam(3,5) and features a standard Media Card Reader, SRS Premium Sound, discrete launch buttons and a touchpad on/off button.
Stylish with affordable enhanced security for small businesses
The HP ProBook s-series balances business functionality with style and affordability. Designed with small business needs in mind, the HP ProBook 4230s (12.1-inch diagonal), ProBook 4330s (13.3-inch diagonal), ProBook 4430s (14-inch diagonal), ProBook 4530s (15.6-inch diagonal) and ProBook 4730s (17.3-inch diagonal) are available in a stylish yet durable brushed-aluminum finish in metallic gray color. The HP ProBook s-series offers second-generation Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 processors for high performance and advanced processing speed or an Intel Celeron processor.(4)
Additionally, HP ProBook s-series notebooks are optimized for business and home multimedia usage. The ProBook s-series includes a spill-resistant keyboard set in a full aluminum deck, touchpad with gestures supported, integrated HD webcam(3) with optional dual-array microphones(5) and SRS Premium Sound. The series also includes a choice between Power Express Switchable Graphics(6) and Integrated Graphics, and it offers a productivity suite including USB 3.0, standard media card reader and a fingerprint reader.
HP Professional Innovations
HP is focused on innovations that enhance productivity and simplify how people use technology.
The latest version of HP QuickWeb(7) builds on the premise that users have a need to get online fast – without waiting for long boot times – whether they are browsing the web or using applications such as email and conferencing. The newest version of HP QuickWeb now includes web browser, offline email, video conferencing via Skype and multiple widgets such as weather, stocks and social media apps.
The updated HP Connection Manager is a single software application that manages integrated mobile broadband connections, as well as reports the status of Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections. It now supports 3G/4G,(8) Wi-Fi(9) and Ethernet for most networks across Windows® 7, Vista® and XP and has been redesigned to integrate with HP Client Automation. IT managers can now centrally manage and view mobile broadband usage for client machines with HP mobile broadband modules on their networks. Bluetooth® wireless on a user’s mobile phone, paired with face recognition authentication, delivers robust user access to Windows and websites.(10)
HP Power Assistant(11) software extends battery run time while reducing energy consumption through a simple, new user interface. It is an integrated solution that measures and logs reported energy usage by the PC and up to four HP connected monitors (for a total of five screens).(12) Users can now create custom power plans and track energy consumption to meet specific computing needs around the clock.
Pricing and availability(13,14)
The HP EliteBook 8460p and 8560p start at $999 and $1,099, respectively, and are expected to be available in the United States on March 15.
The HP ProBook b-series starts at $799 and is expected to be available in the United States on March 15.
The HP ProBook s-series starts at $579 and is expected to be available in the United States on March 15.
More information about the products, including product specifications and images, is available at www.hp.com/personal.
More information on HP’s activities for small businesses is available via the @HP_SmallBiz Twitter channel, Small Biz Nation LinkedIn group, HP for Small Business Facebook page and at 367 Addison Avenue.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(2) Up to 32 hours requires separately purchased HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery and customer download of the latest Intel graphics driver and HP BIOS. Notebook must be configured with Intel graphics, optional Intel 160 GB SSD drive, HP LED HD Display and requires Windows 7 operating system. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information. Quad Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(5) Sold separately or purchased as an optional feature.
(6) Power Express Switchable Graphics requires discrete graphics, planned to be available in May 2011. All s-series (except 4730s) ship with UMA graphics. Because the HP ProBook 4730s comes only with discrete graphics, it will be available after initial production.
(7) HP QuickWeb is accessible when the notebook is off in Windows-based systems. Internet access is required. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. To enable the feature following the removal of the battery, reboot the notebook prior to subsequent use.
(8) Wireless access point and internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(9) Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with local vendor for coverage area and local availability. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(10) Requires Microsoft Windows and mobile phone setup.
(11) Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Microsoft Windows required.
(12) Requires AMD discrete graphics configuration.
(13) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(14) Not all models available in all regions.
Intel, Intel Core and Intel Celeron are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. AMD is a trademark or registered trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.