HP Introduces Wireless PC Accessories to Enhance the Computing Experience
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HPtoday announced a new lineup of wireless accessories equipped withWi-Fi connectivity and HP Link-5 technology to promote mobility andease of use.
Products such as thecompany’s exclusive HP Wi-Fi® Mobile Mouse allow users to do morewithout the hassle of wires and with the assurance of extendedbattery life.
“HP offers its customers awide variety of accessories that are simple to use withconnectivity options to meet their unique needs,” said ScottPappan, director, Accessories, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Forconsumers who desire PCs that are light and small but offer fewerUSB ports, or for those who use their PCs in multiple settings,options like Wi-Fi and Link-5 allow users to keep USB ports freefor other devices.”
Industry’s firstWi-Fi mouse
The new HP Wi-Fi MobileMouse is the first mouse to connect quickly and easily withouta USB dongle via a PC’s built-in Wi-Fi receiver.(1) Areliable, first-time pairing connects the mouse to the PC, allowingusers to work with ease and confidence. The mouse instantlyreconnects during each use and operates without interference fromother wireless devices.
The HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mousealso offers:
- Up to nine months of battery life – more than twice the batterylife of comparable Bluetooth® models.(2)
- Five customizable buttons that allow users to create shortcutsfor common actions such as cut, paste, undo and redo.
- A smooth, four-way-tilt scroll wheel to improve control whilescrolling up and down or side to side.
- Full functionality up to 30 feet from the PC.
- A sculpted form with rubber sides to ensure a comfortable,secure grip that can be used in the right or left hand.
HP Link-5technology liberates USB ports
HP also introduced new PCaccessories with HP’s exclusive Link-5 technology. Link-5 allows users to connect up to fiveHP-compatible PC accessories with one receiver, freeing up valuableUSB ports.
There are no drivers orsoftware to install. Users simply press the ”Connect” button on aLink-5 device to pair it with their PC. The wireless receiver then“remembers” all paired devices, making Link-5 accessories ideal forthose using a PC in multiple settings such as the home, office orother mobile locations.
Link-5 delivers reliableconnectivity using 2.4-GHz wireless technology and has anintelligent sleep mode to ensure the longest possible battery life.The latest Link-5 accessories lineup includes:
- HP Wireless Mini Keyboard: Just the right mobile companion fora tablet or entertainment PC, this full-featured keyboard islightweight and ultra-small in size.
- HP Wireless Ultrathin Wireless Keyboard: Offering a stylishlook and feel, this keyboard is durable, full-featured and a greatvalue.
- HP Wireless Elite v2 Keyboard: Featuring a sleek, ultra-slimdesign, this keyboard offers superb performance and comfort.
- HP Wireless Optical Comfort Mouse: Offering a comfortable,secure grip for use in the right or left hand, this mouse featuresan optical sensor with adjustable sensitivity that works on mostsurfaces.
- HP Wireless Laser Comfort Mouse: Using a laser sensor withadjustable sensitivity, this mouse delivers optimal performance andworks on most surfaces.
- HP Wireless Mobile Mouse: Designed for users who are on the go,this mouse delivers reliable wireless connectivity at a greatvalue.
- The HP Wi-Fi Mobile Mouse is expected to be available in theUnited States in June at a starting price of $49.99.
- The HP Wireless Mini Keyboard is available now in the UnitedStates at a starting price of $59.99.
- The HP Ultrathin Wireless Keyboard is available now in theUnited States at a starting price of $59.99.
- The HP Wireless Elite v2 Keyboard is expected to be availablein the United States in July at a starting price of $49.99.
- The HP Wireless Optical Comfort Mouse is expected to beavailable in the United States in June at a starting price of$29.99.
- The HP Wireless Laser Comfort Mouse is expected to be availablein the United States in June at a starting price of $39.99.
- The HP Wireless Mobile Mouse is expected to be available in theUnited States in June at a starting price of $24.99.
HP creates newpossibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people,businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technologycompany, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing,personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at theconvergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless,secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. Moreinformation about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Microsoft®Windows® 7-certified PC required
(2) Expectedbattery life of HP Wi-Fi Mobile mouse is based on internal testsusing industry-accepted standards for calculating average batterylife. Logitech claims battery life of “up to 4 months” for theLogitech Bluetooth Mouse M555b (( http://origin2.logitech.com/en-za/notebook-products/mice/devices/5747#section=specs.Microsoft claims battery life of “3+ Months” for the MicrosoftBluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 ( http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=099&active_tab=systemRequirements).Website content as of Dec. 13, 2010.
(3) (EstimatedU.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows areU.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Bluetooth is atrademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-PackardCompany under license.
This news advisory containsforward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties andassumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or suchassumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidatedsubsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. Allstatements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but notlimited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives ofmanagement for future operations; any statements concerningexpected development, performance or market share relating toproducts and services; any statements regarding anticipatedoperational and financial results; any statements of expectation orbelief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of theforegoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions includemacroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitivepressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transitionof new products and services (and the enhancement of existingproducts and services) to meet customer needs and respond toemerging technological trends; the execution and performance ofcontracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; theachievement of expected operational and financial results; andother risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2011 and HP’s otherfilings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including butnot limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal yearended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does notintend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPproducts and services are set forth in the express warrantystatements accompanying such products and services. Nothing hereinshould be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPshall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissionscontained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2015 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.