Frequently asked questions
- 1. Why am I asked to create a candidate profile and apply for open positions?
- A: A candidate profile allows staffing professionals1 to have clear line of sight to WFR impacted employees who have actively applied for internal opportunities. Immediately creating a candidate profile will ensure your Taleo profile highlights that you have been WFR impacted and are actively pursuing internal job opportunities. In order to make the most accurate job match based on your preferences, we ask that you fill out your candidate profile accurately.
- 2. Is my candidate profile being considered for all posted positions?
- A: Your candidate profile will be in the general candidate pool and eligible for review by staffing professionals for all posted positions. To increase your chances of being contacted for an interview, you should also apply for specific positions for which you are qualified and interested.
- 3. Is it possible to update or edit my candidate profile or the requisition-specific
applications? How quickly do edits appear in the system?
- A: Yes, you may update your candidate profile at any time. However, you will only be able to update your responses to requisition-specific pre-screen skills and questions if the position is still open. The changes you make to your resume/CV or your "record" will be immediately reflected in the system.
- 4. What if I can’t find the Event ID?
- A: The Event ID is listed within this Workforce Management Job Search Manual. It is extremely important to reference the correct Event ID based on the current program that you are in (redeployment OR WFR).
- 5. What if the Event ID I enter on my profile does not work?
- A: Create a case via the “help” link and a representative will respond with assistance.
- 6. Why do I need to update my Event ID and Worforce Reduction program end date?
- A: The Event ID and Workforce Reduction end date assists Staffing professionals to identify where you are in the WFR process. It is important to reference the correct Workforce Reduction program end date based on the current program that you are in (redeployment OR WFR). The Event ID will also be used for reporting purposes to track the hiring activity within each Workforce Reduction program.
- 7. Where can I find the Workforce Reduction program end date?
- A: The Workforce Reduction program end date (redeployment end date OR WFR termination end date) is provided in your Redeployment and WFR notification letters.
- 8. How does the “Send an email notification whenever a new position matching this
profile is posted” feature work?
- A: This feature will e-mail you a link to new openings that match the criteria listed within your candidate profile (i.e. Job Level, Education Level, Job Type, Schedule, Shift, Job Function, Location, etc). Not all openings are activated to look for candidate matches. It is highly recommended that you visit the WFM website regularly to view any new openings. The WFM website is updated daily.
- 9. Why do I need to update the Work Experience box?
- A: Within the Education and Work Experience page of WFM@hp Job Search site, Work Experience 1 section, Employer box, insert HP-WORKFORCE REDUCTION. It is EXTREMELY important to fill out this Work Experience section to reflect that you are on a Workforce Reduction program. If you have previous work experience already listed in this box, DELETE and replace it with HP-WORKFORCE REDUCTION.
This will enable staffing professionals and hiring managers to easily identify which employees are on a Workforce Reduction program. Workforce Reduction employees are given priority consideration for positions provided they possess competitive competencies
- 10. When I apply to a specific requisition, am I compared to all candidates who apply to
that requisition or just the employees impacted by the Workforce Reduction program?
- A: Your candidate profile is compared to all candidates for that job opening. Your candidate profile is compared to all candidates for that job opening.
- 11. What is the difference between creating my profile and applying for a requisition-
specific job opening?
- A: Creating your candidate profile enters your qualifications into the general candidate pool. It acts as your “default” information for any specific job opening that you apply to. Creating your profile first eliminates the need for youto enter your information each time you apply for a new position.
When you apply to a requisition-specific job opening, when you submit your application, it is immediately visible on-line to the hiring manager and staffing professional. When applying to specific job openings, you may be asked to answer a series of skills and pre-screen questions associated with that opening.
- 12. What are pre-screening questions?
- A: Each posted opening contains pre-screen questions designed to filter the candidates according to their qualifications. These pre-screen questions are developed in order to automatically assess candidates, fine tune the pool of qualified candidates and decrease the amount of time to fill a position.
- 13. When applying to a specific requisition, is it a requirement to answer the pre-screen questions?
- A: Yes, it’s highly recommended that you answer all the pre-screen skills and questions accurately. Each pre-screen skill and question will be weighted based on the level of importance determined by the hiring manager.
- 14. Who do I contact if I have a question about a specific job opening?
- A: Contact the staffing professional. The staffing professional’s name should be listed under the Additional Information section within the job description.
- 15. Who do I contact if I have recruitment or technical problems with the WFM@HP website?
- A: Within the WFM@HP website, there is a “help” button located on the bottom of WFM@hp website. You have the ability to submit recruitment or technical issue feedback via this link.
- 16. Why is there a delay each time the screen refreshes with new data?
- A. There may be a delay each time the site is refreshed with new data due to the server and web-hosting configuration. The refresh delay is a normal result of accessing a website hosted by an application service provider.
- 17. Under what circumstances will I be removed from the database as a Workforce
- A. Your candidate profile will be deactivated from the active database if one or more of the following three situations occur:
- You are hired into a position within HP
- You are hired into a position outside of HP
- Your Workforce Reduction open job search period ends