PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced a new lineup of consumer PCs and accessories that are designed to work with Windows® 8 and are ideal for savvy, tech-conscious users who desire great performance and beautiful design at a great value.
The consumer PC lineup is powered by the latest generation of Intel® CoreTM processors that deliver performance and stunning visuals for everyday life.
HP also added four new business desktop and notebook PCs powered by the latest AMD processors to its industry-leading commercial portfolio. AMD’s new A-series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) deliver a significant leap in PC graphics performance,(1) offer exceptional manageability and provide an affordable total cost of ownership.
Everyday computing never looked better
The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PCs provide the performance and easy applications consumers need every day—now in ultrathin style.
Available in sparkling black and ruby red, the lightweight HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and 15 feature 14- and 15.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) displays respectively, plus up to one terabyte of storage for apps, movies, music, photos, documents and more.(2,3) A full array of ports including HDMI, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 allow for fast connections to mobile devices and accessories. The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 also includes a numeric keypad for increased productivity.
The HP Sleekbooks include HP TrueVision HD Webcams(4) and HP MyRoom for video calling, sharing photos and more in a private virtual room. Dolby Advanced Audio comes standard, and optional NVIDIA discrete graphics can improve gaming as well as video creation and playback.
The Sleekbooks also feature exclusive HP innovations, including HP CoolSense for a noticeably cooler PC and HP ProtectSmart to help prevent file loss in case of a bump. HP Connected Photo powered by Snapfish by HP(5) and HP Connected Music powered by Meridian(6) allow users to access their favorite photos and music seamlessly.
The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 is powered by AMD Accelerated Processors. The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 is powered by Intel processors and features Intel Hyper-Threading technology for effortless multitasking performance.
Performance and entertainment
The HP ENVY m4 notebook PC delivers the perfect balance of mobility, performance and entertainment in a thin and light package so customers have all they need while on the go.
The notebook includes exclusives like HP ProtectSmart to guard against data loss if the notebook is dropped; HP CoolSense, which automatically adjusts performance and internal fan settings for a noticeably cooler PC; and HP SimplePass technology for enhanced security with just a swipe of a finger.
With a beautifully simple brushed-aluminum design and optional backlit keyboard, the HP ENVY m4 PC features a 14-inch diagonal HD display (2) and third-generation Intel Core processors that deliver a rich visual experience and a burst of speed for heavy processing tasks.
For users who want to explore digital content and connect with loved ones, the HP ENVY m4 comes standard with an HP TrueVision HD Webcam and select models feature Intel WiDi,(7) which allows consumers to project PC content wirelessly to an HD TV. A subwoofer and two speakers amplify Beats AudioTM to deliver the best-sounding, richest audio experience available on a PC. The ENVY m4 also offers HP Connected Photo(5) and HP Connected Music.(6)
Internet access in more places—HP Pavilion dm1 with T-Mobile 4G
HP will offer up to 200MB of free data per month for two years of fast 4G mobile broadband service operating on the T-Mobile network with the purchase of an HP Pavilion dm1 notebook—all with no contracts or commitments.(8) This incredible value allows consumers to enjoy internet access wherever life takes them. Consumers can update their social media posts, check in at their favorite locations and stream entertainment.
Customers also receive a free 25 GB Box account, to make it simple to share, access and collaborate with their files.(9) Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/dm1mobility.
Beauty and performance
For users who enjoy creating digital content or immersive gaming, the HP ENVY Phoenix h9 desktop PC has new features to make the computing experience faster and more enjoyable. It features a distinct armor-plated design and attention-grabbing lighting, with toolless hard-disk bays that support up to three internal drives. Updated cable dressing improves airflow and cooling in the chassis for enhanced longevity and makes swapping components easier than ever.
Top-of-the-line third-generation Intel processors and a choice of NVIDIA discrete graphics or AMD ultra-high-performance graphics coupled with powerful options such as ExpressCache,(10) solid state drives (SSDs) and liquid cooling make this HP’s most powerful desktop tower to date. With an ExpressCache SSD option, users will enjoy fast boot-up and application start times. Music and games will sound great with Beats Audio™, while HP Connected Remote(4) and Connected Photo(5) make it simple to access content from a smartphone, tablet or other PC.
Add style to the workspace with HP monitors
The new HP x2401 24-inch diagonal LED backlit monitor looks as good as it performs. With an 11-millimeter profile, the HP x2401 is strikingly thin and complements any setting with its glossy black-piano finish and brushed-metal case. Its unique, adjustable easel design frees up desk space and adds a touch of modern architecture.
The HP x2401 monitor delivers on functionality and connectivity, offering users image consistency and vivid color for clear viewing from almost any angle thanks to MVA panel technology and 5,000:1 and 10,000,000:1 static and dynamic contrast ratios. The integrated DisplayPort and HDMI ports and wall-mounting capabilities give users the freedom to design a space around the monitor that’s clean and clutter-free. The HP x2401 monitor also was designed with the environment in mind with mercury-free LED backlighting, BFR/PVC free components(11) and arsenic-free display glass.(12)
For business users who value a sophisticated design that does not add bulk to cramped workspaces, HP also offers a commercial version of this sleek monitor. The wafer-thin HP L2401x 24-inch LED Backlit Monitor delivers a modern, premium design and expansive screen real estate to enhance executive and employee productivity.
HP solutions for budget-friendly, long-lasting business performance
The HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC provides outstanding performance and value to maximize productivity for businesses and governments of all sizes with long, predictable life cycles of up to 15 months. The improved x86 architecture enables speedy and efficient computing, such as smoother Internet browsing and accelerated file conversion rates.
Powered by AMD’s latest APU A10, A8, A6 and A4 processors, the HP Compaq Pro 6305 delivers up to 21 percent better performance than previous generations, including significant graphics improvement for intensive business applications.(1) AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology automatically boosts system performance when running multiple applications, and the HP Compaq Pro 6305 offers an AMD Accelerated File Converter that enables more efficient web browsing for smooth webcast videos, trainings and videoconferencing.(4) The HP Compaq Pro 6305 includes HP Client Security to help keep organizations protected at every level, and a choice of HP Client Management solutions helps simplify system deployment and maintenance.
The HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs are equipped with all-new 2012 AMD A-Series accelerated processors and VISION Pro Technology to provide the right performance to tackle intensive work assignments. AMD Enduro Technology—formerly known as AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics—uses discrete graphics to create brilliant visuals when plugged in and allows the PC to automatically switch to battery-saving mode by powering down the discrete GPU when unplugged, all while still delivering great performance on everyday business applications.(13) These HP ProBook s-series notebook PCs also provide the option for AMD Radeon Dual Graphics for high-end 3-D rendering processing performance.
Have it all with HP accessories
Pair any HP PC with the latest HP accessories, including new mice, keyboards, portable speaker, the HP 90W Universal Power Adapter and the HP Webcam HD 4310 to deliver a productive, comfortable and convenient computing experience. The line-up includes:
- The HP Touch to Pair Mouse, the world’s first wireless mouse with near field communication (NFC), allows users to instantly connect the mouse to any Bluetooth-enabled PC or tablet. Available in November for $39.
- The HP Wireless X4500 and X5500 mice feature a sleek, modern design and a precise laser sensor. Available in September for $29 and $39, respectively.
- The HP Wireless Mouse X6000 offers exclusive HP Exact Track Technology, which works on most surfaces including glass. Housed in a solid metal top cover, the HP X6000 also has four-way tilt scrolling and 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity. Available in September for $59.
- The HP Wireless Classic Desktop and the HP Wireless Elite v2 keyboards offer up to four shortcut keys designed to work with Windows 8. Available in October for $29 and $49, respectively.
- The new HP Bluetooth® Portable Speaker is power-packed audio performance that connects to any Bluetooth-enabled device. It has a compact, sleek design to complement any room in the home. Available in October for $79.
- The HP 90W Universal Power Adapter is compatible with virtually all notebooks(14) and features a built-in USB port that lets users charge a notebook and mobile device simultaneously. Available in October for $79.
- The HP Webcam HD 4310 lets users instantly connect and communicate with friends and family in widescreen 1080p HD and offers three-way video calling, auto focus and auto-exposure to ensure images are clear and bright. Available in November for $89.(4)
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and 15 PCs start at $499.99 and $559.99, respectively and are expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 26.
- The HP ENVY m4 PC starts at $899.99 and is expected to be available in select markets on Oct. 26.
- The HP Pavilion dm1 with T-Mobile 4G is expected to be available on Oct. 26.
- The HP ENVY Phoenix h9 starts at $899 and is expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 26.
- The consumer HP x2401 LED Backlit Monitor starts at $249 and is expected to be available in the United States on Nov. 7.
- The commercial HP L2401x LED Backlit Monitor starts at $259 and is expected to be available in the Americas region on Nov. 5.
- The HP Compaq Pro 6305 Desktop PC starts at $539 and is expected to be available worldwide on Oct. 8 with Windows 7. Windows 8 configurations will be available at a later date.
- The HP ProBook 4445s, 4446s and 4545s Notebook PCs start at $499. The HP ProBook 4545s is currently available worldwide. The HP ProBook 4445s and 4446s will be available only in the Asia-Pacific and Japan regions.
This announcement follows HP’s unveiling of new touch-enabled notebooks, the HP ENVY x2, SpectreXT TouchSmart Ultrabook and ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4, on Aug. 30 and new All-in-One desktops on Aug. 10. An enterprise-ready tablet will be announced soon.
(1) Based on the SYSMark 2007 test comparing the AMD A-series processor (A10-5800B) performance to the B99 processor on the predecessor HP 6005 Pro.
(2) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(3) For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(4) Internet access required and not included.
(5) Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(6) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(7) Requires a Wireless Display adapter and HD TV.
(8) Registration required for service. Service starts on date of hardware purchase and is not available everywhere. 4G connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. Available in the United States only.
(9) Internet access required and not included. 25 GB free individual Box account. Subscription required for additional storage space.
(10) Requires Condusiv ExpressCache Technology software. Depending on usage and system configuration, results may vary.
(11) Meeting the industry definition of “BFR/PVC-free” per the iNEMI Position Statement on “Low Halogen” Electronics. Plastic parts incorporated into the chassis generally contain < 1,000 ppm (0.1%) of bromine or chlorine. Printed circuit board and substrate laminates generally contain < 1,500 ppm (0.15%) of total bromine and chlorine. Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free.
(12) Arsenic and its compounds were not detected using US EPA Test Methods 3052 & 3052/6010b by ICP or ICP-AES with a Method Detection Limit of 10 ppm.
(13) AMD Enduro technology requires either an AMD “A” series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon discrete graphics configuration—and is available on Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic OS, and Windows 8 Standard and Professional editions. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to switch between graphics solutions. With AMD Enduro technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g., OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be). Always check with system manufacturer for specific mode capabilities and supported technologies.
(14) Tested and validated to work on the following brands of laptops: Acer, Asus, Compaq, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Intel is trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.