LAS VEGAS -- HP today announced new innovations to its Converged Cloud portfolio, delivering improved agility, greater innovation and reduced cost for hybrid cloud environments.
HP has now delivered the next phase of a common OpenStack®-based architecture for HP’s private, managed and public cloud offerings. In addition, the company announced new software and services to accelerate time to market for private cloud implementations, and unveiled new capabilities in HP’s managed and public cloud solutions.“In order for enterprises to deliver the new style of IT, they need control over their data, as well as flexibility in service levels and delivery models for their workloads,” said Bill Veghte, chief operations officer, HP. “Only HP has the portfolio and expertise that combines the innovative power of open systems with enterprise-grade manageability and security. The result for customers is a cloud that enterprises can rely on.”
The future of cloud is hybrid and open
New research commissioned on behalf of HP(1) reveals that by 2016, it is expected to be a hybrid world with 75 percent of enterprise IT delivered across private, managed and public clouds. Further, half of the respondents believe that open standards are important in the emergence of cloud computing. This indicates that customers want an open, hybrid cloud solution to generate new opportunities, drive competitive differentiation and lower the cost of operations.
HP delivers OpenStack-based common architecture for HP Converged Cloud
HP Cloud OS is an open and extensible cloud technology platform that leverages the power of OpenStack technology to enable workload portability, simplified installation and enhanced life cycle management across hybrid clouds.
HP CloudSystem, HP’s industry-leading private cloud offering, already embeds HP Cloud operating system (OS) technology, offering customers greater choice in deployment options. To help customers get started quickly with an initial private cloud deployment, HP also is offering the HP CloudSystem Enterprise Starter Suite. This solution provides a rapid, cost-effective way for organizations to get started with rich application cloud services, and reduces up-front costs by up to 20 percent with the bundled offering.
HP Moonshot servers also will be offered with HP Cloud OS, providing simplified provisioning and management for specific cloud workloads such as dedicated hosting and large-scale websites. HP Cloud Services, HP’s public cloud offering, also leverages HP Cloud OS technology, providing one of the leading public clouds based on OpenStack technology. Further, for customers to evaluate and understand the benefits of an OpenStack-based architecture for their cloud needs, HP is offering HP Cloud OS Sandbox for experimentation at no cost.
HP Professional Services accelerates customers’ cloud journey
Forty-three percent of respondents in the HP-commissioned survey said that finding the right strategic partner to get them started was a barrier to cloud adoption. To help guide customers on their cloud journey, HP introduced the HP Converged Cloud Professional Services Suite.
Building on market-leading cloud service offerings including application transformation, cloud journey workshops and support, HP announced new streamlined services designed to help customers take advantage of the cloud. These new offerings include HP Converged Cloud Support, HP Cloud Design Service, HP Cloud-ready Networking Services, HP Proactive Care for CloudSystem, and HP Cloud Security Risk and Controls Advisory Services, as well as enhancements to HP Applications Transformation to Cloud Services.
HP Enterprise Services accelerate cloud application migration
HP Enterprise Services has enhanced its portfolio of cloud service offerings to address increased customer needs for mobile and enterprise applications. These include:
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services for Enterprise Applications that give clients choice and flexibility when integrating and deploying applications in the cloud while maintaining business continuity and ensuring data security.
- HP Mobile Enterprise Cloud Solution that provides a fully managed and integrated set of mobile consulting and management services to securely enable applications and data sharing from many device types.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services - Private Cloud that enables clients to quickly adopt cloud services by designing, building and managing a complete Infrastructure as a Service that creates the foundation for an enterprisewide shared IT services model.
- HP Cloud Security Risk and Control Advisory Services, a new offering in the HP professional services portfolio that helps clients safeguard their information, manage potential for data breaches and remain compliant while transitioning applications to public, private and hybrid clouds.
In addition, HP Autonomy introduced the Autonomy Marketing Cloud, a cloud-based version of the Autonomy Marketing Performance Suite, enabling organizations to understand, attract, engage and convert customers in real time.
HP Public Cloud Services ease development and speed deployment
New HP Cloud Services capabilities make it easier and faster for enterprises to simplify the development and deployment of applications in the public cloud. Enhancements include:
- Access to new, larger instance types that enable users to run big data analytics and high-performance computing workloads in the public cloud.
- New virtual private cloud network functionality, powered by software defined networking that provides advanced security when connecting their public cloud to on-site networks.
- New custom image uploading that increases customer productivity by simplifying the set up and deployment of instances with images unique to their business requirements.
- A new Bulk Import Service that speeds application delivery by allowing users to provide hard drives for direct data upload into HP Cloud Block Storage and HP Cloud Object Storage.
HP Financial Services helps enterprises rapidly adopt cloud computing
To further help customers on their journey to the cloud, HP Financial Services introduced new flexible IT investment solutions to help free up capital and align with evolving business needs. New offerings include:
- Capacity on Demand for HP CloudSystem, enabling customers to gain immediate access to a 30 percent technology buffer of computing capacity while managing up-front and operational costs.
- A new global relationship agreement, providing customers with a single umbrella contract, and process and service arrangement for all cloud and traditional IT investments along with asset recovery services worldwide.
(1) “HP Research: Big Data and Cloud,” Coleman Parkes Research, Ltd., May 2013.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.