- For Home
- For Work
- Longing to take the pain out of backup and disaster recovery across your enterprise? You need a scalable disk backup solution that reduces management overheads, cuts storage costs and keeps pace with data growth.
HP StoreOnce 6500 Backup provides efficient disk based backup with data deduplication for consolidated data protection and disaster recovery of remote offices and more cost-effective onsite data retention. Industry leading scale-out capacity and performance means that you can start out with 120 TB of raw capacity and grow to 2240 TB (1728 TB usable) at speeds of up to 139 TB/hr with StoreOnce Catalyst to meet ever shrinking backup windows and deliver rapid restore.
Designed with no single point of failure – the StoreOnce 6500 delivers high availability backup that integrates with your existing backup application. With HP StoreOnce Catalyst you can simplify and control data movement from other StoreOnce products distributed across the enterprise using a single pane of glass.
- Replaces the B6200 with up to 2240 TB capacity, almost 3x more scalability. 4TB disks offer over 200% greater storage density.
- Continuing to meet shrinking backup windows. The new 6500, with 139 TB/hr is 4.5x faster than the nearest competitor.
- Reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your data with HP StoreOnce Security Pack providing data encryption for data at rest on all new HP StoreOnce appliances.
- Extended HP StoreOnce Catalyst data management across Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and BridgeHead’s Integrated Serverless Backup (ISB) / Integrated Disaster Recovery (IDR) Backup Agents.
- Introducing the HP ‘Get Protected Guarantee’ – see a 95% reduction in overall backup capacity with HP StoreOnce deduplication in specific applications, or HP makes up the difference with free hardware
- Existing B6200 customers can continue to add capacity to their B6200 via the existing capacity upgrade kits and will also be able to add a 6500 couplet to their B6200 by the end of calendar Q1’14
Keep Pace with Data Growth: Industry-Leading Scale-Out Capacity
- HP StoreOnce Backup systems are available with a range of price-performance points to suit the varying needs of the enterprise from the simplicity of the StoreOnce VSA to the efficiency of the mid-range appliances, to the power of the StoreOnce 6500 for the data center.
- HP StoreOnce 6500 allows you to grow usable capacity as your backup data requirements grow. Seamlessly scale from 72 TB to 1728 TB usable (120 TB to 2240 TB raw) in a single, high-density appliance.
- Scale in increments of 72 TB usable and expand from 1 to 4 couplets in two standard depth 42U racks.
- High density 4TB disk drives deliver storage efficiency offering over 200% higher density than previous StoreOnce generations (HP B6200) and competing EMC DD990 products.
- Central monitoring of your distributed HP StoreOnce solutions is available via HP StoreOnce Enterprise Manager with alerting and trending to enable backup capacity management.
Backup Within Your Window: Industry Leading Scale-Out Backup and Restore Performance
- HP StoreOnce Backup systems are available with a broad range of superior price/performance points to meet backup windows across the enterprise.
- With the HP StoreOnce 6500 you can backup huge amounts of data within short backup windows; high performance multi-streaming and HP StoreOnce Catalyst delivers backup speeds of up to 139 TB per hour –4.5x faster than the closest competitor.
- HP StoreOnce 6500 also delivers rapid restore speeds – HP uniquely states restore speeds at up to 100% of the performance of ingest speeds.
Move Data Enterprise-Wide: StoreOnce Offers Unified Solutions for Federated Deduplication
- Deduplicate anywhere -- at the application source or at the backup server or at the target appliance. Save time and money by moving data around the enterprise in its deduplicated state and manage backup and Disaster Recovery operations from a single pane of glass with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Centralize the backup of multiple remote sites; fan in up to 384 backup streams to a single fully configured StoreOnce 6500 target device.
- HP StoreOnce Catalyst opens a range of disaster recovery configurations, one-to-many Disaster Recovery moves data simultaneously from one site to many sites, cascaded Disaster Recovery moves data sequentially from one site to any number of other sites.
- HP StoreOnce Catalyst is supported with HP Data Protector, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec software through OST, Oracle RMAN and BridgeHead software.
Dependable Data Protection: Flexible, Available, Secure
- HP StoreOnce 6500 is the first highly available large scale deduplication appliance with Autonomic Restart of backup jobs. Autonomic Restart ensures that, after a failure and system failover, the backup application jobs are able to restart automatically without any personnel involvement.
- Built-in redundancy at every level for no single point of failure – includes hardware RAID 6, dual fabric support for backup jobs, dual path disk arrays, a dual path internal network and dual power supplies throughout. Hot spares further minimize the impact to availability.
- The new HP StoreOnce Security Pack delivers data-at-rest encryption and secure erase features across the HP StoreOnce portfolio to protect data on lost, stolen or decommissioned disk drives from unauthorized access.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.