- For Home
- For Work
- The HP 2530 Switch Series consists of 12 fully managed Layer 2 edge switches that deliver cost-effective, reliable, secure, and easy-to-use connectivity to business networks. Designed for entry-level to midsize enterprise networks, these Gigabit and Fast Ethernet switches deliver full Layer 2 capabilities with optional PoE+, enhanced access security, traffic prioritization, and IPv6 host support.
The HP 2530 Switch Series offers uplink flexibility with four Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on all 24- and 48-port models. Gigabit Ethernet uplinks are four small form-factor pluggable (SFP) slots for fiber connectivity on the 24- and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models.
The Fast Ethernet 24- and 48-port models have two SFPs and two RJ-45 Gigabit uplinks. The compact and fanless 8-port switches offer additional flexibility with two dual-personality ports that can be used as either RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet or SFP ports.
For customers implementing Power over Ethernet for voice, video, or wireless deployments, the HP 2530 PoE+ switches are IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at compliant with up to 30 W per port. The switch series is easy to use, deploy, and manage via SNMP, CLI, and Web GUI.
It offers flexible wall, table, and rack mounting; quiet operation with fanless and variable speed fan models; and improved power savings, with features such as IEEE 802.3 az (Energy Efficient Ethernet). These switches include a lifetime warranty, as well as all software releases and technical phone support.
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification with support for eight priority levels mapped to either two or four queues; uses weighted deficit round robin (WDRR) or strict priority (SP)
- Simplified QoS configuration: Port-based: prioritizes traffic by specifying a port and priority level. VLAN-based: prioritizes traffic by specifying a VLAN and priority level.
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting: sets per-port ingress enforced maximums for all ingressed traffic or for broadcast, multicast, or unknown destination traffic
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Choice of management interfaces: Web graphical user interface (GUI): HTML-based easy-to-use graphical interface allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser. Command-line interface (CLI): provides advanced configuration and diagnostics through a robust CLI. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv1/v2c/v3): allows a switch to be managed with a variety of third-party network management applications.
- Virtual stacking: provides single IP address management for up to 16 switches
- sFlow (RFC 3176): delivers wire-speed traffic accounting and monitoring configured by SNMP and CLI with three terminal encrypted receivers
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): automates device discovery protocol for easy mapping by network management applications
- Logging: provides local and remote logging of events via SNMP (v2c and v3) and syslog; provides log throttling and log filtering to reduce the number of log events generated
- IPv6: IPv6 host: allows the switch to be deployed and managed at the edge of an IPv6 network. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): supports connectivity for both protocols; provides a transition mechanism from IPv4 to IPv6. MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface; prevents IPv6 multicast traffic from flooding the network.
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus: provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for PoE/PoE+-powered devices such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/tilt/zoom security cameras (see product specifications for total PoE power available)
- Auto-MDIX: adjusts automatically for straight-through or crossover cables on all ports
- Pre-standard PoE support: detects and provides power to pre-standard PoE devices; see the list of supported devices in the product FAQ at www.hp.com/networking/support
- VLANs: provides support for 512 VLANs and 4,094 VLAN IDs
- Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9220-byte frame size to improve the performance of large data transfers; 8- and 24-port Fast Ethernet models automatically support up to 2000-byte frames with no configuration needed
- 16K MAC address table: provides access to many Layer 2 devices
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+): allows each VLAN to build a separate spanning tree to improve link bandwidth usage in network environments with multiple VLANs
- Access control lists (ACLs): accommodates IPv4/IPv6 port and VLAN-based ACLs (IPv6 ACL is supported only on Gigabit Ethernet and 48-port models)
- RADIUS/TACACS+: eases switch management security administration by using a password authentication server
- Source-port filtering: allows only specified ports to communicate with each other
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): encrypts all HTTP traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch
- Port security: allows access only to specified MAC addresses, which can be learned or specified by the administrator
- 48 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX);Duplex: half or full
- 2 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T);Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full
- 1000BASE-T: full only
- 2 fixed Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports
- 1 dual-personality (RJ-45 or USB micro-B) serial console port
- Memory and processor:
- ARM9E @ 800 MHz; 128 MB flash; packet buffer size: 3 MB dynamically allocated; 256 MB DDR3 DIMM
- 100 Mb Latency: < 6.6 µs
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 2.2 µs
- 13 million pps
- Switching capacity:
- 17.6 Gb/s
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- configuration menu
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or Micro USB)
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
- Repeater MIB
- Ethernet Interface MIB
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Power consumption:
- 29.9 W (maximum)
- Input voltage:
- 100 - 127 / 200 - 240 VAC
- Operating temperature range
32 to 113°F
(0 to 45°C )
- Operating humidity range:
- 15 to 95% @ 104°F (40°C) (noncondensing)
- Heat dissipation:
- 102 BTU/hr (107.61 kJ/hr)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.4 x 9.7 x 1.75 in (44.2 x 24.64 x 4.45 cm)
- 6.3 lb (2.86 kg)
- The HP 2530-48 Switch is a fully managed layer 2 switch with 48 10/100 ports, 2 10/100/1000 ports and 2 GbE SFP slots.
- What's in the box:
- (1) HP 2530-48 Switch
- Lifetime, advance replacement, next business day, phone support, software releases
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.