- For Home
- For Work
HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer (CE538A)
- Special offer: Price includes instant savings of $70 (22% off original price)
Hurry, Offer ends 12/14/13
- Tackle business tasks with a cost-effective, fast HP LaserJet MFP. Print two-sided documents, and use HP ePrint to print from virtually anywhere.4 Streamline workflow by copying, scanning, faxing and connecting securely via Ethernet networking.
- Business users with small offices who need to print two-sided documents—plus scan, copy and fax—from a cost-effective, networked MFP.
Do more with a fast MFP and two-sided printing.
- Stay productive—print at up to 26 ppm and get a first page out in as fast as 8.5 seconds.7
- Share printing resources with an Ethernet-connected MFP.
- Tackle multiple-page documents and two-sided prints with the 35-page automatic document feeder.
- Fax directly to and from a PC, and control fax access with assigned PINs.
Create high-quality documents in multiple sizes.
- Print high-quality documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet print cartridges.
- Achieve improved print quality with HP FastRes 1200.
- Handle multiple media sizes and types with a 10-sheet priority tray and the 250-sheet paper tray. HP LaserJet recommends ColorLok® papers for best printing results.
Print from any device4 using intuitive features.
- Stay productive on the go. With HP ePrint, now you can print from virtually anywhere.4
- Simplify printing tasks with an intuitive control panel and LCD. Produce one-sided copies of two-sided IDs.
- Easily find and purchase cartridge replacements with HP SureSupply,3 and install them in a snap.
- Use embedded HP tools for easy MFP configuration, operation and maintenance.
Minimize your environmental impact.
- Reduce your impact on the environment, and use up to 50 percent less paper with two-sided printing.
- Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology1 and Instant-on Copy.6
- Get free and easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.2
- Save energy and space with a compact, ENERGY STAR® qualified MFP.
1 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
2 Program availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
3 Program features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
4 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and e-mail-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Some HP LaserJet products will require a firmware upgrade.
5 Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP’s AirPrint™-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint, the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
6 Compared with products that use cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
7 Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 26 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8.5 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter):
- Up to 8000 pages
- Duty cycle note:
- Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.
- Recommended monthly page volume
500 to 2000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality (best)
Black: Up to 600 x 600 x 2 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5
- HP postscript level 3 emulation
- 2-line LCD (text)
- Processor speed:
- 500 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 10/100 Ethernet port
- 1 RJ -11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet)
- Connectivity, optional:
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: 1 GHz 32-bit(x86) or 64-bit(x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 200 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP 2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 200 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6; Power PC G4, G5, or Intel Core Processor; 256 MB RAM; 300 MB free hard disk space; CD/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X v 10.5.8, v 10.6
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SuSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory card compatibility:
- Memory, standard:
- 128 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 128 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 250-sheet input tray, 10-sheet priority tray, 35-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 100-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Finished output handling:
- Media sizes supported:
- Letter, legal, envelopes, postcards
- Media sizes, custom:
- Priority Tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; 250-sheet Tray 2: 3 x 7.4 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media sizes, custom:
- Priority Tray: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; 250-sheet Tray 2: 76 x 187 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (heavy, letterhead, light, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), envelopes, transparencies, labels, postcards
- Media weight, supported:
- 16 to 43 lb
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- JPEG, TIF, BMP, GIF, PDF, PNG
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 8.5 x 14 in
- Scan speed (normal, letter)
Up to 15 ppm (b&w, color)
(Up to 15 ppm (b&w, color) scan speed from ADF. Actual speeds vary according to the complexity of the document. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 35 sheets
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 3 sec per page
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will increase the transmission time.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 400 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi (halftone enabled)
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 120 numbers (119 group dials)
- Broadcast locations:
- 119 locations
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 5.4 A
- Power consumption
445 watts (printing), 325 watts (copying), 4.7 watts (ready), 0.2 watts (manual-off)
(Power reported is highest values measured for all product models using all standard voltages. Values are based on preliminary data, see http://www.hp.com/go/ljm1530_regulatory for current information.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- EPEAT® Silver
- Operating temperature range:
- 59 to 90.5º F
- Operating humidity:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 17.4 x 13.5 x 14.7 in
- 25.8 lb
- Package weight:
- 32.3 lb
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP
- introductory HP LaserJet Black Print Cartridge
- control panel overlay
- ADF input support
- CDs containing device software and electronic User's Guide
- Getting Started Guide
- Support flyer
- power cord(s)
- Telecom cable
- Fax cable
- Ferrite assembly
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included:
- Windows: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PS driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Ink Widget, HP Utility
- One-year limited warranty
- Related links
- Technical Support / Manuals
- Eco Highlights
• Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology.[eco01]
• Reduce energy use with Instant-on Copy.[eco02]
• Reduce clutter and waste—scan, store and share documents digitally.
[eco01]Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
[eco02]Compared with products that use cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.