- For Home
- For Work
HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 Printer M601n (CE989A)
- HP's business pacesetter tackles high-volume printing with legendary reliability. Count on this HP LaserJet to help conserve resources, customize printing policies, and improve security.
- Workgroups that require high-volume document printing, advanced network management, and security features.
Heavy-duty reliability and breakthrough speed.
- Print at rapid speeds on a variety of paper types.
- Manage workflow with intuitive features right on the printer, and get quick prints from a flash drive.
- Produce high print volumes with low maintenance.
- Replace toner cartridges easily, and enjoy quiet, clean performance.
Outstanding energy and paper savings.
- Control energy use with conservation features.
- Get centralized access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings with the HP EcoSMART Console.6
- Pre-installed Original HP toner cartridges reduce waste. Recycle them for free through HP Planet Partners.7
Secure printing with minimal intervention.
- Take control of printing practices and enforce security policies, using HP Access Control.8
- Control costs, manage IT resources, and reduce environmental impact.
- Expand your network without compromising security.
- Effectively manage compliance and security issues across your business.
Extend capabilities and print from mobile devices.
- Easily update, manage, and expand the capabilities of networked printers, and do more with your investment.
- Make printing as mobile as you are with HP ePrint.10
- Push updates to networked printers immediately and securely.
1 Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
2 Automatic two-sided printing is only available on the HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601dn Printer. The Automatic Two-sided Printing Accessory may be purchased separately for the HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601n Printer.
3 The 1 x 1500-sheet high-capacity input tray may be purchased separately for the HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601 Printer series.
4 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings. Actual power usage may vary.
5 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
6 May require a firmware upgrade.
7 Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
8 HP Access Control must be purchased separately.
9 HP Web Jetadmin is free and can be downloaded at hp.com/go/webjetadmin. The HP Universal Print Driver is free and can be downloaded at hp.com/go/upd.
10 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and e-mail-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Some HP LaserJet products will require a firmware upgrade.
11 HP ePrint Enterprise requires an Internet- and email-capable BlackBerry® smartphone OS 4.5 or newer; iPhone® 3G or newer, running iOS 4.2 or later; HP webOS devices running webOS 1.45 or 2.0; or Android™ device running version 1.4 or newer, with separately purchased wireless Internet service, HP ePrint Enterprise server software and HP ePrint services app. Solution works with PCL 5/6, PCL 3, PCL 3 GUI printers (HP and non-HP). BlackBerry requires BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) deployment.
12 Use of HP ePrint at mobile print locations requires Internet- and email-capable smartphone with separately purchased wireless Internet service and the HP ePrint services app. Availability and cost of printing varies by mobile print location. Visit http://www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile to view the list of applicable smartphones, operating systems, and supported printer languages.
13 Energy data used to calculate savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) method vs. a majority of worldwide top-selling competitive models <$2,299 as of March 2011 using data reported in http://www.energystar.gov and http://eu-energystar.org as of July 2011. Data extended to one year. Actual results may vary.
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 45 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 8.5 sec
- Print quality (best)
Black: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
Up to 175,000 pages;
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
3000 to 12,000
(HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e (HP PCL 5e driver available from the Web only), HP postscript level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- 4-line LCD (color text and graphics)
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint
- Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 External Host USB (1 walk-up and 1 external accessible)
- 2 internal Host USB 2.0-like ports (for 3rd party connection)
- Connectivity, optional:
- 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN (Station mode), other networking accessories, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server (available in early 2012)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2 or higher), Windows Server 2003 (SP1 or higher), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space, operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7; 150 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see: http://www.apple.com
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008 (all 32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (see System Administrator’s Guide at hp.com/go/upd, Documentation tab for latest support)
- Novell (see novell.com/iprint for latest support)
- Linux (see hplip.net)
- UNIX (see hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, and hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (see hp.com/go/sap/drivers and hp.com/go/sap/print)
- Memory, standard:
- 512 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 1 GB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray 1
- 500-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 500-sheet output bin
- 100-sheet rear output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- Multipurpose tray 1: letter, legal, executive, statement, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 5 x 8 in, envelope (commercial No. 9, No. 10, Monarch), US postcard; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray: letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in; optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: letter, legal
- Media sizes, custom:
- Multipurpose tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray: 5.83 x 8.27 to 8.5 x 14 in; Optional Custom media cassette: 4.02 x 5.83 to 6.69 x 11.10 in
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, light), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, shelf edge labels, user-defined
- Media weight, supported:
- Multipurpose tray 1: 16 to 53 lb; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray, optional Custom media cassette, optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: 16 to 32 lb; Optional Envelope feeder: 20 to 28 lb; Optional Duplexer: 16 to 32 lb
- Finished output handling:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
790 watts (Printing), 21 watts (Ready), 5.5 watts (Sleep), 1.0 watt (Auto-Off), 0.3 watts (Manual-Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages; this will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption in Auto-Off mode depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity. Off-mode power may vary while checking network packets for print jobs.)
- Operating temperature range:
- 59 to 89.6ºF
- Operating humidity range:
- 10 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 16.3 x 16.9 x 15.7 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 16.3 x 30.2 x 15.7 in
- 52.1 lb
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 23.15 x 21.26 x 19.65 in
- Package weight:
- 60.5 lb
- What's in the box:
- Right-angled power cord
- Software and documentation on CD-ROM
- Getting Started Guide
- Support flyer
- HP ePrint flyer
- Warranty Guide (where applicable)
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- One-year, next business day, on-site limited warranty
- Related links
- Technical Support / Manuals
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer On when you need it, Off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Free, convenient cartridge recycling in 54 countries.
[eco01]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.