- For Home
- For Work
HP LaserJet Pro 400 color Printer M451nw(CE956A)
- Special offer: Price includes instant savings of $100 (25% off original price)
Hurry, Offer ends 03/31/14
- Produce professional-quality color documents with ease and fast speed. Easily integrate into your office or wireless home network.1 HP features help you save energy and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.4
- Printing professional-quality color documents with an easy-to-use, low-cost networked printer.
Professional-grade speed and color
- Boost productivity and save time with print speeds up to 21 ppm letter.
- Produce bold text and smooth color with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Produce color marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes by using tips and templates from HP.
- Print documents affordably. Get the same black cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet printer.5
Manageability, productivity, and mobility
- Proactively manage office printing with HP Web Jetadmin.
- Print from anywhere in the office, using built-in wireless connectivity.1 Share printing resources, using built-in Ethernet.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.4
Easy-to-use and resource-conserving
- Reduce energy use with Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.8 Also save with Instant-on Technology.12
- Start right away with HP Smart Install.11 Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to autoconfigure networking.1
- Receive consistent results with Original HP cartridges and easily reorder with HP SureSupply.13
- Take advantage of free, easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.14
1 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
2 Built-in wireless is available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451nw and M451dw only.
4 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and e-mail-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
5 Compared with HP LaserJet Pro P1566/ P1606dn printer. Assuming customer is printing at least 30% of total pages in color with content similar to the color ISO/IEC 19798 test suite (http://www.iso.org/jtc1/sc28) and overall average job length of three pages. Yields established using ISO/IEC test standards. Actual yields and costs vary considerably depending on images printed, number of color pages printed, and other factors.
6 The 250-sheet paper tray (part number CF106A) is not included; please purchase separately.
7 HP LaserJet CE410X Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
8 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings. Actual results may vary.
9 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled and within wireless range of the printer. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled and may require a firmware upgrade. Feature may require the download of driver or apps to mobile device, available at http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
10 Supports iOS 4.2 devices (iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch) that support multitasking. Works with HP ePrint-enabled printers and all-in-ones. AirPrint and iOS 4.2 devices require an 802.11 wireless network connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
11 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
12 Compared with traditional fusing.
13 Program features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
14 Program availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
15 Ethernet networking is available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 M451nw, M451dn, and M451dw only.
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 21 ppm
- Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 21 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 17 sec
Color: As fast as 17 sec
- Print quality (best)
Color: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
Up to 40,000 pages;
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
750 to 2000
(HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 600 MHz
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP postscript level 3 emulation
- 2-line LCD (text)
- HP ePrint capability:
- Wireless capability:
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- 1 WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v 10.5, v 10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.0, 6.0), OpenSUSE Linux (11.3, 11.4), Fedora (14, 15), Ubuntu (10.04, 10.10, 11.04), Debian (5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i)
- Memory, standard:
- 128 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 384 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray
- 250-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 3.94 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Media weight, supported:
- Tray 1: 16 to 47 lb (up to 58 lb with HP Color laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 16 to 43 lb (up to 47 lb with postcards, up to 58 lb with HP Color laser glossy photo papers)
- Finished output handling:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
425 watts (Active), 15.2 watts (Ready), 4.0 watts (Sleep), 0.5 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Operating temperature range:
- 59 to 86ºF
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 70% RH (non-condensing)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 15.9 x 17.9 x 12.7 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 15.9 x 25.9 x 12.7 in
- 50.1 lb
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 23.42 x 19.48 x 18.18 in
- Package weight:
- 59.4 lb
- What's in the box:
- Four preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~1400 pages)
- In-box documentation (Hardware installation guide), Warranty card (China, Indonesia, Brazil, Japan)
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs
- Power cord
- Built-in Wireless card
- USB cable
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB cable
- One-year limited warranty, return to HP or authorized service provider
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Lower your impact—reduce energy and paper use with HP EcoSMART Console.
[eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. Find out how at our website.
- Quick Links
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.